Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What makes you like FF6?

...crying over video games=electric shock

Quote Originally Posted by ThroneofDravaris
    ...crying over video games=electric shock
    While crying about a movie is perfectly normal, right? :rolleyes2

On the other hand the only game that miiiiight deserve a tear or two would be Breath of Fire 2.

111111, I am half Italian haha.
    We are very emotional, us Italians!

Quote Originally Posted by Sapher

It is certainly more acceptable than crying over 16 bit sprites anyway...

It is certainly more acceptable than crying over 16 bit sprites anyway...
    Soooo a book should never make you cry because it has nothing visual?
    Your reasoning is false; emotions are not triggered by how life-like or not something is but by the ideas and emotions it confers upon you.And incidentally most people cry at Bambi when Bambi's mother is shot and fewer (if any) cry when Forest Gump's mother dies or even Jenny.And Bambi is a cartoon.

To answer the original question: i like FF 6 because it was my first RPG ever,the music is great and the story is deep.

Great story, great characters, great music, and it's just alot of fun.

Soooo a book should never make you cry because it has nothing visual?
    Your reasoning is false; emotions are not triggered by how life-like or not something is but by the ideas and emotions it confers upon you.And incidentally most people cry at Bambi when Bambi's mother is shot and fewer (if any) cry when Forest Gump's mother dies or even Jenny.And Bambi is a cartoon.
    You are comparing a scene which was SUPPOSED to be tearful, to a video game scene that was not.

Sure, if you could find a video game that had a death scene as dramatic as say, Metropolis, it might be more understandable. However, there is nothing in the Opera scene (or FF6 in general) that warrants tears.

It was a well orchestrated tune. it was probably the best of it's time for a video game. However, if you cried during this scene, you're probably seeing something that isn't really there...

EoFF's Laundry Goddess ~*~Celes~*~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Okay, I'll just sum this up for everyone. FFVI is THE game of all games, period, hands down. Everyone loves it, if you don't like it, you're crazy and you need to be shot. LOL J/K ^^ Everything about the game rocks, including the intensity you feel when the characters are mad/sad/happy. I even crack up laughing in certain parts 'cause of Edgar and Kefka ^^ they're funny guys ^^

~*~Celes~*~

[QUOTE=Sapher]

On the other hand the only game that miiiiight deserve a tear or two would be Breath of Fire 2.
    Why? Just get the perfect ending and there isn't anything to cry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch
    It's one of those games that you can play ten times, and play ten different ways, and still have much left to do. You never get tired of it. Each of the fourteen characters is special in that they have their own abilities, not like FFVII. Each character was also original (again, not like FFVII) and had their own history, development, and reasons to join your quest. The magic system was great, but they incorporated magic in without fixing it to experience and levels.
    Isnt being a VI fanboy because you hate VII fanboy kinda defeating the purpose?

(it is by the way, just in case you didnt realise)
    Last edited by Destai; 10-10-2005 at 11:59 PM.

[QUOTE=TurkSlayer]

Why? Just get the perfect ending and there isn't anything to cry about.
    ...I didn't say that. I haven't played Breath of Fire 2....

I think that was Sapher...
    Last edited by ThroneofDravaris; 10-11-2005 at 12:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Destai
    It's one of those games that you can play ten times, and play ten different ways, and still have much left to do. You never get tired of it. Each of the fourteen characters is special in that they have their own abilities, not like FFVII. Each character was also original (again, not like FFVII) and had their own history, development, and reasons to join your quest. The magic system was great, but they incorporated magic in without fixing it to experience and levels.

But I'm not a "fanboy". I'm not one of the ones who talks about how "dramatic" the opera scene, or Celes' attempted suicide, or Rachel, or anything is. I'm not one of the people who talks about how it was emotional enough to make me cry. It's a video game. It's a great video game, much better than the next in its lineage, but still a video game.

Quote Originally Posted by Destai

But I'm not a "fanboy". I'm not one of the ones who talks about how "dramatic" the opera scene, or Celes' attempted suicide, or Rachel, or anything is. I'm not one of the people who talks about how it was emotional enough to make me cry. It's a video game. It's a great video game, much better than the next in its lineage, but still a video game.
    Well what I meant to say was, yeah we get you dont like VII. Plenty of people feel the way about VII you do about VI but the several times you compared VI to VII for no real reason gave of the impression you were one of those people praising VI out of spite. Either way I dont see why you compared it to VII automatically in more than a few posts I read while browsing.

wazzou
    [leeza]Filesize limit is 50 kb.[/leeza]

music, gameplay, charcters, story...etc...'nuff said
    Signature removed for exceeding the 250 pixel height limit (including text)

~Void