Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nintendogs [impressions thread]

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Nintendogs [impressions thread]

My preordered copy finaly came in today! I must say that this game is better than I expected. The animation of the dogs are very realistic. The interactivity is cool, too. There are three versions that you can buy. Dachshunds and friends, Lab and friends, and Chiuuahua and friends. I bought the Dachshunds version.

I bought a golden retriever that I named Sparky. It made me make the dog learn his name by speaking it into the microphone. Then I had to type it in. The first trick it made me teach it was to sit down. Some reviewer said it took forever to do those thing, but I guess she really sucked at the game because I don't think it took me over three minutes to do that!

Anyway, from there, the game let's you do what it wants. I tought Sparky to lie down, shake, and play dead. I would teach it more, but the game told me that Sparky is tired of learning for today, and I'll have to wait until tomarrow!

Next I decided to enter a contest. You can go for a "Disc Competition", an "Agility Trial", and an "Obedience Trial." So I decided to enter the "Obedience Trial- Beginners Class". I failed to place three times because I found out later that it helps to have your dog the cleanest as it can get. Plus, Sparky refused to one command each try. I guess I'm going to have to work on that! I would go for it again, but it limits you to three constests a day (no matter what contests you pick, you can only do three, I mean). This is also how you earn money in the game.

I decided to take Sparky for a walk. Taking your dog for a walk helps to build the dogs stamina. A map is placed on the bottom of the touch screen. You then use your stylus to set your path. It only lets you set a path for as long as your dog can walk (as indicated by a meter on the left). The more walks you dog goes on, the longer path it can walk. You can visit many places during a walk. In fact, I already been on three walks myself where the following things has happened.

*When I set my path, there was a question mark. When Sparky reached that point, he found a present I could use on him.

*When Sparky reached the question mark point, we ran into another owner walking his/her dog. Sparky played with the dog and he was in a great mood!

*Sparky and I stopped by the park. This is a great place to practice your dog's skill with catching a flying disc! In fact, I did just that!

Keep in mind that you have to take care of your dog too. There is a shop where you can buy toys, food, water, and several other items. Basic stuff doesn't cost you an arm and a leg, either. I started out with one thousand dollars. Sparky cost five hundred fifty dollars. I bought nine items of food, water, and bath itmes. Later, I sold a couple of things I did not need. I have $402.70 right now. To check your dog's needs, all you have to do it touch the status bar on the touch screen!

There is also "Bark Mode" where you pretty much put your DS in sleep mode. If another Nintendogs owner has the game, and he/she is in bark mode, your dogs will meet. I am not 100% sure, but from what I read, I think you unlock other breeds of dogs not available on your version if you meet another owner. I am not sure if this works if you run into an owner with the same verison as you, though.

Overall, I am having tons of fun with this game. I hope that I can one day run into another owner while I have it in bark mode! This is the ultimate pick up and play game, so if you are into those, pick this up! If you are weary of purchasing the game, most electronic stores have a demo of the game. Try it out!

it looks so bad
    Making a slow come back since 2008

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Comic with FOUL LANGUAGE

Please link to images with foul language in them with a warning, rather than simply posting them in the threads. That is considered going around the filter. -Necronopticous

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I was gonna make this thread before. xD It's such a cute game, my brother bought it. I named the dog Lilly and I taught her to sit, but that's all I've done so far as he's playing.

Quote Originally Posted by kyuzo
    it looks so bad

Being Who Transcended All Black Mage's Avatar

it looks so good

Articles
    Blog Entries

Please don't troll my thread. If you tried it (throughly), and you find that you didn't enjoy it, that's fine. But please keep one sentence dismissive comments out of this thread. Thank you.

Bigger than a rancor SomethingBig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kyuzo
    it looks so bad
    I know seriously. These damn kiddy games are so crappy! :rolleyes2

I had the money for it, but I spent it on a carnival instead. I'm hoping to get the one with the lab and corgi.
    :monster2: One, AH! AH! Two, AH AH! Three, AH AH!

Prinny God Recognized Member Endless's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Dogs aren't exactly my thing, but now, if they made it with cats, there is no telling...

And then there is Death

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Come here kitty!

*cat ignores you and walks away*

smurfING CAT!?!?!?!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edczxcvbnm
    Come here kitty!

*cat ignores you and walks away*

smurfING CAT!?!?!?!
    lol, or if they program a cat like one of my own, it will hiss at you every time you tocuh it!

Blog Entries

It would be interesting if there was a Nintendogs, and a Nintencats, and when the 2 DS's detect one another, the 2 pets begin to fight...

Heh... Die little kitty...

It looks neat. If I had a lot of moneyand a nintendo DS I'd consider picking it up. Im not particularly bothered but it looks fricking neat.

From what I played in a demo at Target ( ) I would have to say I enjoyed it. All you could do was play with three different dogs and use certain items (Frisbee, Water Dish, etc.), but it was still fun. The great thing for me was one of them acted just like my dog.

When I get a DS (In like, a year or more), I'll definetely pick this one up.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

I wanna play this but I lack a Nintendo DS.