Thread: Four White Mages

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Default Four White Mages

I know NES version is possible to beat with four White Mages or Wizards. However, what about the other versions? In WSC and PSX, pretty much the only way to hurt Chaos is Hasted Excalibur or Masamune, and your White Mages/Wizards can't cast Haste, and Chaos also has double HP. And what about the Dawn of Souls version, is it possible to beat it (including the four extra dungeons) with four White Mages/Wizards? I've never used that party before to beat FFI, so if I'm planning to use it, I need to know if it can be done in non-NES versions so that I won't be just wasting my time.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

You could smite him with a bunch of Holy. In DoS, hey forgeddaboutit, you have umpteenth number of items with spells attached to them. You can always use the Masamune on one of your WMs since it's not limited to any specific class. Then if you kept hold of the Giant gauntlet you could cast Sabre a few times.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Yeah for Dawn of Souls and MP!
    "Swordchucks Yo." - Fighter

"Every time I cast Hadoken it siphons a little bit of love out of the world to create a massive destructive explosions. They say the divorce rate goes up with each cast." - BM

How many swords could sword chucks chuck if sword chucks could chuck swords? Same goes with Nuns! :rolleyes2

"I cast Ice-9!" -RM

"I can steal stuff that isn't even there" -Thief (Yet he can't steal in the game)

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

once you get holy,four white mages is one of the besst partys.also the DoS choas has 10 times more health than the original.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

However, the Chaos in NES/WSC/PSX doesn't take much damage from Holy, probably 100-300. That's not much even when he has 2000-4000 HP, and if he has 20,000 HP, it takes forever to kill him with Holy. Is Holy any stronger in DoS, then?
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Its actually very easy to kill Chaos on the other versions. Hell, I have beaten a solo white mage on the PSX version (and a level 38 solo thief). The trick is to equip the masamune and simply use saber on yourself again and again. You can easily dish out 500-1000 points of damage to him. Just get the Giants Glove (or whatever its called in the PSX version) and use it (it casts Saber). He will fall quickly. So if I can beat a solo white mage on the PSX version, I know for a fact that 4 white mages can be completed. Oh yeah and my solo white mage and thief, they were done without class change.

Oh yeah and I have also heard of people beating the 4 extra dungeons on the DoS version with solo games. So im sure 4 white mages can complete it. I have yet to play the DoS version but I assume it would be easy to do considering all the new items you get like elixers.
    Last edited by Black Mage FF1; 08-27-2005 at 07:21 PM.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Keep in mind that ALL 2nd classes can equip Masamune. That would make one a fighter, in a way.

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

in DoS holy does about 400-500 damage so it doesnt take too long.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

In DoS, it's very possible (especially with the other dungeons) Ultima Weapon draws it's attack power from your HP, and one of your WMs should have 999 HP by the time you get to it. Don't waste your time with Holy, have two mages buffing up while the other two beat the crap outta Chaos after using the Giant's Glove many times.
    Sigless

Man and I'm having trouble with four knights.
    "Swordchucks Yo." - Fighter

"Every time I cast Hadoken it siphons a little bit of love out of the world to create a massive destructive explosions. They say the divorce rate goes up with each cast." - BM

How many swords could sword chucks chuck if sword chucks could chuck swords? Same goes with Nuns! :rolleyes2

"I cast Ice-9!" -RM

"I can steal stuff that isn't even there" -Thief (Yet he can't steal in the game)

screw it, just destroy it all with the party I used, no need to choose stupid parties. A white mage, a black mage, a warrior, and monk walk into a FF1, and they kick the crap out of the game. end of joke.

ok ive beaten the game with all parties and combos possiable. both dos and psx and wsc and nes verisons.
    to answewr your qs its yes to both
    it may take some time but you can do it and it will prove much easier if you want to wast time. since you can find items in the game to permenently raise stats just keep getting them and eventually tou will get there. or just do it the old fashind way max level and practice and luck. either way you can do it. unless you still think 4 monks is a good idea. its not.well not entirely but dont wory youll do fine

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

White Mages are benevolent healers. I alway use mine to heal my friends and foes alike. This is the way of the healer.