Thread: The official EoFF CD!

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Default The official EoFF CD!

What do you think about making a new EOFF CD? With so many people it would be hard to choose who gets a song but we could just have staff members pick a song to put on the CD, and possibly certain other people. We would need a volunteer to make the CDs. I would do it myself but can't with where I'm at. I'm willing to front the money needed to buy the burnable CDs at first and send it to the volunteer via paypal. Then we could just charge the cost of the CD and postage. With so many good artist here we could get an interesting cover made. What do you think, staffers?

---

<B>Edit by Necronopticous:</B>

I'll going to be putting the CD together and distributing the copies.

If you have a song that you've made yourself, whether it's instrumental, karaoke, acapella, or a whole original song that you want to be on the compilation send it to me via AIM, MSN, or of course, E-Mail:

AIM - Pretty Pixelist
    MSN - necronopticous@gmail.com
    E-Mail - necronopticous@gmail.com

Please send the files in MP3 format, or if you don't know how to convert it to MP3, you can just send the WAV, or whatever you have and I'll convert it for you.

Since there is only a limited amount of space on a CD, I am asking for each member who wants to submit a song to choose only one song.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

You don't really need the staff's approval to do something like that, y'know, unless you really love the word "OFFICIAL" stamped over the CD in red ink.

Δ As above, so below ∇ crashNUMBERS's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wait. What?? I saw the songs of the old one but like..Im confused. You buy the CD?? Or is it free??

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic
    You don't really need the staff's approval to do something like that, y'know, unless you really love the word "OFFICIAL" stamped over the CD in red ink.
    Yup.

I think it's a wonderful idea. I didn't know there was a real EoFF CD in the first place, must be a super oldbie thing, like from 4+ years ago.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The money for the purchase of an EoFF CD can go towards to supporting the server.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

what if you get sued

I like the idea, but i can't sing

maybe we could get some of the talented artists to make the covers and such!

Blog Entries

I'd love to contribute with a song; lately my voice hasn't been so good, I've had several of problems with my throat in recent times (I even got a surgery last year) but I just got back my entire voice!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

The cover idea is pretty cool.

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'd put it together except it'd be only <s>Bruckner</s> songs I like.

I'll make the CDs and distribute them.

If you have a song that you've made yourself, whether it's instrumental, karaoke, acapella, or a whole original song that you want to be on the compilation send it to me via AIM or MSN:

AIM - MezzoCarrattere
    MSN - necronopticous@gmail.com

Please send the files in MP3 format, or if you don't know how to convert it to MP3, you can just send the WAV, or whatever you have and I'll convert it for you.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

The idea is to pick a song you like to put on the CD, or your own song if you have one.

The money for the purchase of an EoFF CD can go towards to supporting the server.
    /what if you get sued
    The only money made would be charging for the price of the burnable CD and then shipping. Any profits off this and we couldget sued. We're not selling the songs. Just the burnable CD and postage.

I would like it to be made an official EOFF CD, though the red OFFICIAL doesn't need to be on it. Unless you want it to be there Psypants.

Wait. What?? I saw the songs of the old one but like..Im confused. You buy the CD?? Or is it free??
    It would cost like $3.00 to cover the CD and postage.

I didn't know there was a real EoFF CD in the first place, must be a super oldbie thing, like from 4+ years ago.
    It was.

I'd put it together except it'd be only Bruckner songs I like.
    Submit your favorite Bruckner song.

I guess we're to the point of people submitting songs they would want to represent them. For me:

theundeadhero: Anti-Flag~Sold as Freedom.

It's track 4 on The Terror State CD. I don't readily have a copy of the MP3 but I'm sure one could be found on the internet.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

See, your logic almost works alright on us not getting sued, in that we're not getting money for the songs, but then we're just distributing licensed songs for free. Which is highly illegal.

On the other hand, I think it'd be a great idea to have a community-made CD. Like, original works. Covers of songs, remixes, etc. That would keep us out of any hot water.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Sheezo
    See, your logic almost works alright on us not getting sued, in that we're not getting money for the songs, but then we're just distributing licensed songs for free. Which is highly illegal.

On the other hand, I think it'd be a great idea to have a community-made CD. Like, original works. Covers of songs, remixes, etc. That would keep us out of any hot water.
    Would those remix songs that EoFF had with the other .mp3s, would those be able to go on the CD? Those were pretty nice.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Rye
    Would those remix songs that EoFF had with the other .mp3s, would those be able to go on the CD? Those were pretty nice.
    Yeah, I'm almost positive those would be fine. Places like OCRemix haven't (as far as I know) had any legal problems, and they're a well known repository of video game remixes.