Thread: 30 Seconds To Mars - A Beautiful Lie

Default 30 Seconds To Mars - A Beautiful Lie

30 Seconds To Mars new album debuts on the 30th, check out the preview:

www.purevolume.com/30secondstomars

It'll also feature a Bjork cover and another unreleased track.

If you like your music to be upfront, 30 Seconds To Mars is not for you. Nothing about 30 Seconds To Mars can be taken literally. It seems like music has lost it's meaning over time, it's not about expression anymore. 30 Seconds To Mars isn't about astronomy, it's not about going to Mars in 30 seconds, and it’s about the expediential growth of technology that relates to humans. If you take their lyrics literally, you won't understand the music.

Jared Leto is a genius. He's an actor (remember angel face from Fight Club? That's him.), an artist, and a singer. Shannon Leto and Jared Leto are the core components of the band; they're brothers who've worked together for a long time. They write lyrics that're suggestive, cinematic, and filled with immediacy (remember what I was saying about the band's name?).

I'm going to admit to being part of their street team. It's pretty obvious though; I've made many many many banners for them and used them here. But the reason I, and the rest of their street team (called the Echelon, which is the French word for army) show so much love for them is because they show love for us. If you look closely at the end of their new commercial (you probably won't see it if you don't watch Fuse or MTV2) you'll see "We Love You Echelon!" scroll by. Don't let my bias keep you from checking them out though.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I listened to their "A Beautiful Lie" track and I liked what I heard. I'll pick up their CD if I can find it in stores.