View Poll Results: Will Square Enix get back on its feet?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definitely!

7 58.33%
  • Oh Yes.

3 25.00%
  • Um...

3 25.00%
  • Nope.

4 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Will Square Ever Recover?

Default Will Square Ever Recover?

Let's face it, after The Spirits Within (famously nicknamed "the flim nobody saw") which saw a loss of over Ł50,000,000, Square need all the money they can get.

But with the new online games charging considerable monthly subscription fees and requiring the unenviable task of mucking your PS2 up to enable broadband connectivity, will square ever draw in enough publicity to up their profits once more?

They merged with Enix, and they've already completely gotten back on their financial feet. Where have you been?

I was ignoring the financial side of it.

I looked at the question as if it were talking about the quality of games.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

How can you be ignoring the financial side of it? To me it seemed like that was the only thing you were talking about in the first post.

I don't really see how S-E needs to recover at the moment.

Maybe the question is, will they ever break off from Enix to be their own entity again? Though the relationship seems pretty symbiotic, so I"m not sure either party would even want to be alone anymore.

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

what?

square-enix is here to stay, at least until the whole thing goes out of business.

here's a better question... do you buy Square-Enix games, and will you continue to buy Square-Enix games, because if your answer is yes, and considering the size and popularity of this site, they'll be around for awhile

THE JACKEL

They never fell
    But SW was crap..........

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

The Spirits Within cost 210 million dollars to create and only made 52 million. So, yes, they fell.

I wasnt looking at it on a finacial side
    But them losing 158 mil, even I feel kinda sorry for them.........

Well...the movie was gut wrenching. It was haunted by the "trying to please everyone hence pleasing no-one" demon. It was gut wrenching because if they had been genuine, instead of trying to appease to some imagined movie-goer, the movie would have been intense. It was such a waste of a resource, it's not even funny.

What I hope for is that Square falls so close to bankruptcy, that they finally do something bold, instead of trying to sell a 3d movie formula they believe the fans want. Kind of like what happened at the time the first FF was made. That's why it was called Final after all. Because they thought they were gonna buy the farm as a company.

Quote Originally Posted by cookieface
    Well...the movie was gut wrenching. It was haunted by the "trying to please everyone hence pleasing no-one" demon. It was gut wrenching because if they had been genuine, instead of trying to appease to some imagined movie-goer, the movie would have been intense. It was such a waste of a resource, it's not even funny.
    That's funny, because I absolutely loved Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within. I guess in your world, we're not entitled to our own opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by cookieface
    What I hope for is that Square falls so close to bankruptcy, that they finally do something bold, instead of trying to sell a 3d movie formula they believe the fans want. Kind of like what happened at the time the first FF was made. That's why it was called Final after all. Because they thought they were gonna buy the farm as a company.
    Yeah, making a $210,000,000 movie isn't bold at all. You're totally right, man.

Since it is a matter of fact that Square-Enix is, and has been completely financially stable for years now, this thread is completely worthless.