Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question about FFVII tech demo

Default Question about FFVII tech demo

I know this has probably been discussed a thousand and one times already and I'm not even sure if this is the right board to put this on, but doesn't it seem like Square-Enix is teasing us with this demo??? I mean on the main page of this website they say that they (being square) are going to include the tech-demo for FFVII on the PS3. Why in the he11 would they put that in there if they don't plan on eventually releasing FFVII on the PS3? It would be one of the smartest moves they could make imho, FFVII was the best selling final fantasy of all time i do believe, and putting that on the PS3 with killer graphics couldn't hurt.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

FFVII discussions go in the FFVII forum

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't see how remaking the entire game would be worth the effort just to make it look cooler and possibly add a couple extra monsters or something.

maby there running out of ideas and are just remaking all of them. Better that then making a whole bunch of shaty games IMO.

I hope not. Remakes are wrong in my opinion. People fell in love with the games the way they were and the way they looked even if the graphics were crappy. To remake a game that was loved for the way it was is just stupid and usually people still prefer the old one anyhow, so wheres the point?

I am against remakes... but it would be intresting to see Aeris' death in the PS3 version... Maybe she won't look like a ragdoll...

ok, Slade if there was a PS3 remake would you buy it?
    Nandattebayo!!!

I AM NOT A PRETTY BOY! Shin Gouken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slade
    I hope not. Remakes are wrong in my opinion. People fell in love with the games the way they were and the way they looked even if the graphics were crappy. To remake a game that was loved for the way it was is just stupid and usually people still prefer the old one anyhow, so wheres the point?

Actually, remakes can far exeed their originals. im not talking about because of the graphic improvements and [img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img] either. Metroid zero mission was a remake of the very first metroid game and used the same old 2D graphics as the original. people are against a "ffvii" reamake coz they are certain its gunna get smurfed up. i doubt that will be the case
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes

According to one website I found, they don't want to do it because it'd take five years to rebuild the game for the PS3. They wouldn't remake it, just update the graphics for the new system, however... five years to rebuild the game from the ground up is kinda a waste of time...

Thanks to Raven Nox for my sig.

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorValis
    According to one website I found, they don't want to do it because it'd take five years to rebuild the game for the PS3.
    then they better get started
    wut if they allready started making it, and its just a secret.

Square Enix has already ruled out a FF VII remake

http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73822

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Last but not least, Nomura admitted that he is spending a lot of time thinking about how to conclude the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII.
    a quote from that same article.

I myself doubt that there will be a remake, but i can always hope. Besides a remake would be a nice way to sum up all these spin offs. Think about it, a remake from the oringinal game with graphics, if not the same, better then; AC, DC, CC. It makes sence to me.

personally, if it came out on PS3 i wud buy it i think this game was truly amazing and the fact that technology (and disc space) was lacking wen it was created was a bit of a let down. to see ff7 remade wud make me chuffed and the creators have been quoted to say that they would love to remake it on PS3

Why do you imprison your saviour?

Why are people against remakes? I was two when the first Final Fantasy came out and would have never gotten to play it if they hadnt made a remake. I would bow down to Square if they made a FFVII remake. Everyone would buy it even if they were against remakes cause your not gonna let something that pretty pass you by.

Did the FFVI tech demo lead to an N64 release? No. Why should the FFVII tech demo lead to a PS3 release?

Personally I don't want there to be an updated version of FFVII. It would lose all the elements that made it such a great game all those years ago. SE should focus on getting FFXII released and then take their time in planning the next FF. I just hope they don't miss anything out *looks at FFVII*.
    Last edited by TheSpoonyBard; 11-23-2005 at 10:10 PM.