Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lunar Cry (no theory)

Default Lunar Cry (no theory)

This is a thread I was waiting to post many time ago.
    It was supposed to had screenshots,but I think we will not need it (depending on your memories on the situation).

This is not a theory thread.
    The purpose of this thread is to discuss the most strange things happening on FF8.
    They happen during the events happening on space.
    Clarify-me and explain this to me:

1-There is this spot on Obel Lake in which we talk with the shadow.
    Looking to it from Space we see it as an inlet on the middle of Obel Lake.It is surrounded by water.
    2-The monsters werenīt supposed to fall on Esthar? But we see them at some point falling on the direction of Galbadia.At this point the Galbadia continent is seen covering the face of the globe we see which means that the Esthar continent was on the other side.
    3-At some point the flood of monsters become very bright.Before this we saw some set of monsters.However after the bright the set was different.Really,I downloaded the FMV and saw it carefully.
    I think one of the sets were the monsters already on Esthar and the other the monsters that appear later.
    4-Is it me or in the end of the FMV we saw the floor breaking on pieces due to the impact?The break generates rivers and all that.Maybe it was just the shade of the monsters who falls on separate balls.
    But that IS strange because there were no changes when they went to Earth.
    5-There was another FMV in wich we see the monsters falling inside the Pandora.How did they overpass the roof?It seems as if they were falling on water.
    But what is really strange is how is it that the monsters scattered when they reached the atmosphere?Even if they died werenīt they body to fall on earth?Why were they suspended on midair.For instance the Esthar sky became red for too long which is impossible.Monsters werenīt clouds.And what is this bright thing that falls?Adelīs Tomb?
    Flo:Honey,the clock is late.Go out fix it.
    Mayor Dobe:What hours is it?
    Flo: 15:30
    Mayor Dobe:Hey do you wanna to send the Estharians to Centra or what?
    Flo:Ok,let it be on 3:45

Images removed for being utterly colossal. Please use images that conform to the size limit.

Regards,
    Big D

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop here.

How many times does the game list the lunar cry as happening? three!

Once in Trabia, once in Centra, and once in Esthar

and how many characters make up your party? why three!

coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by edward et pascual
    How many times does the game list the lunar cry as happening? three!

Once in Trabia, once in Centra, and once in Esthar

and how many characters make up your party? why three!

coincidence?
    Shut up. This seems to be the first valid discussion thread Future Esthar has made since I've known him. Don't try to put the cosmos back in place, just go with it.

I have a couple chores to do now, but I'll be back to post on this in a bit, Future Esthar.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

I don't really understand the lunar cry myself. It makes no sense.

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

The moons cry's monster onto the planet. The End.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

but it makes no sense. How did the monsters get onto the moon, how can the moon cry. theres no gravity in space so the cry would just scatter besides no water on moon. Logic out weighs it I try to understand but can't.

LET THE HAMMER FALL

It's not an actual cry. I guess in the FF8 world, mosnters are born on the moon, and at certain times, the monsters gather together and fall to Earth. That's what I saw it as though, I've never really thought about it, so I could be worng, I haven't played FF8 in a well either.

this should get interesting...

in fact, i HOPE people start making up crazy theories about this, just to see how creative we can all get. of course, masamune or SoS will come along and prove every theory wrong with verified evidence from the game. but hey, that'll be sweet too cuz i'm up for anything right now.

Thank you Hysterian!

Quote Originally Posted by G SpOtZ
    this should get interesting...

in fact, i HOPE people start making up crazy theories about this, just to see how creative we can all get. of course, masamune or SoS will come along and prove every theory wrong with verified evidence from the game. but hey, that'll be sweet too cuz i'm up for anything right now.
    You forgot to mention Sir Bahamut...
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

okk.. from what ive gathered from the game.. The Lunar Cry occurs every so often years where the monsters are pulled from the moon to earth.. this has something to do with the Lunatic Pandora.

Lunar Cries have happened in Centra (the Centra cry destroyed the magical continent), Trabia (although it seems Trabia may have recovered?), and Esthar.

Players get to witness the Esthar Cry and the Trabia Cry (Laguna flashback in Trabia Canyon, he sees the Lunatic Pandora.)

There is also something special about hte Esthar Cry because the Lunatic Pandora was aligned with Tears Point (i believe).. I think this made the cry stronger?

Monsters populate the moon, when the Lunar Cry occurs, they inhabit the earth. Some die, others breed and migrate.

During the Esthar cry, Adel's tomb was aligned with the moon, so the Lunatic Pandora drew her to earth as well.. I believe it is the Lunatic Pandora which decides where the cry will happen and pulls the monsters off the moon to earth, however, I do not know what force is behind the lunatic pandora.

also at skyblade. i love you bro. youre my dog.

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

so simply the shadow monster at obel lake is one of the monsters that fell from the like every other monster because monsters are all from lunar crys.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Bullet In, Heart Out Crystal Tears's Avatar

Except it was there before the Lunar Cry.

This is how I comprehended the situation; the monsters live and breed on the moon, which is perfectly logical. At certain points in time, the monsters fall from the moon to land on the Earth to keep a steady supply of monsters to the Earth when numbers dwindle. I also thought that the Lunatic Pandora was able to start the Lunar Cry and thus guided the animals all over the earth - mainly to Esthar, because that was where the Lunatic Pandora was. The reason why none of the animsl managed to penetrate into the Lunatic Pandora was because it had a forcefield - remember trying to break into it in the Ragnarok? - it can only be penetrated with high power gun/missiles, and it's highly doubtful that the monsters could break through.
    The reason the sky remained red? Well, most of the monsters probably broke up as they entered the atmosphere, or even before hand, so their broken up particles would scatter and fall slowly, creating a red aura for quite some time and it doesn't appear to last that long over Esthar. But about there being no visual changes to the physical landscape, maybe the animators got bored and forgot? ^_^;;
    Hope it cleared a few things up.

~*Crystal
    [center]

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Wheres SOS when you need him?

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Magic. Simple as that. Now let's all go home to our loved ones before FE explains the link between FF8 and Ginster's Pasties.
    There is no signature here. Move along.