Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FF2: I´m about to enter the Warship...

Banned

Default FF2: I´m about to enter the Warship...

So, right now I´m about to enter THE hard dungeon of the Warship of Empirish Destruction that always lands in that damn nowhere.
    I know it´ll be a pain if I don´t prepare FOREVER before I enter.
    I was trying to "over-level" a bit and I actually managed to get to Mysidia, where I bought a Giant Glove (the only cool thing I could afford, I didn´t care about the Thief Glove) and died shortly after.
    However, since this whole Warship thing is so totally incredibly hard, I´m gonna exaggerate this leveling QUITE a bit this time!
    I consider leveling till everyone´s got about 5000 HP and the Wizards about 500 MP (or else it´ll just run out halfway through; Cure8 and 100 MP don´t get along very well).
    My Knight should also master his swordskill (Level 16, of course) and my Wizards should at least boost their Soul & Intelligence to something like 50.
    Now I was wondering if this is a good idea?
    It actually feels necessary, I constantly get into so much trouble in that Warship that I usually lose interest in the game at this point.
    What strategy do you use here?
    Last edited by Peter_20; 09-02-2005 at 01:31 AM.

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

i completed the game with 3000 hp and your stuck on the dreadnought with 5000 hp and already getting to mysidia?i cant help you there.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Banned

Well, I can *complete* the Warship, I actually finished the game with about 2900 HP last time, it´s just that I´m getting problems in that ship all the time; I lose HP, I cure it, I lose MP, I can´t cure myself anymore.
    Then I get stranded with low HP/MP out there in the nowhere.
    I want to avoid that, so do you recommend this strategy?

BTW, over-leveling is fun!

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

With those stats you were planning to have in Warship, you could beat the whole game. Just have lots of MP (100-200+ MP should be fine and try to heal in battles, not outside them, for the best effect).
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryûkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryûkishi

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth1999AD
    With those stats you were planning to have in Warship, you could beat the whole game.
    Well, I can´t help it. I just like boosting a lot if I ever get decent chances for it.
    You can earn some great money from all the scrolls you win outside the Warship, and those you can invest in buying some Mysidian stuff, like Flame Spear, Giant Glove and Holy.
    It´s pretty great, IMHO.

Also, you can actually get to Mysidia during ANY POINT in the game!
    Just travel to Kashuon and ride the Chocobo to the lakes surrounding Mysidia, then walk down the relatively short path, using the Cure trick if necessary (for those who don´t know, healing right before an encounter = erasing that encounter) and you´re there!

Yes but u can't buy anything in there at so earlyt as mentioned before.

I usually just trick my guys out to where they can kill 2 captains before going to the

inn before I hit the warship and I always brineg a lot of eyedrops because esuna

sometimes is wasted on it.

Now may I ask version as I am speaking of DoS and winning with 3000 hp sounds

ABSURD!
    "Swordchucks Yo." - Fighter

"Every time I cast Hadoken it siphons a little bit of love out of the world to create a massive destructive explosions. They say the divorce rate goes up with each cast." - BM

How many swords could sword chucks chuck if sword chucks could chuck swords? Same goes with Nuns! :rolleyes2

"I cast Ice-9!" -RM

"I can steal stuff that isn't even there" -Thief (Yet he can't steal in the game)

Dude. The Warship isn't hard. I mean, it's not easy, but I've always been able to make it through there without any time spent levelling up in the game before then.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

This is why we have Exit. If you're almost at death's door, Exit out, go to the nearest town and heal, then try again. Everytime you go through a dungeon you'll become a little bit more powerful. This is how I approach every dungeon in FF2 and most games.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

The thief glove is actually much better than you're giving it credit for.

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

its not too hard to get past. once i was stuck in kashuan castle and id just beaten the boss and got the thing used to carry the sunflame but one of my characters was dead, one was at full, one was nearly dead and the other was about half dead and i had with one character about 10 MP but no healing items. i stupidly used that MP to heal a little bit instead of using it to telelport. all you have to do is save every few steps and hope not to run into any hard battle whoch cant be ran from. and after nearly 2 hours of crazy and frustrating gameplay i made it. if your on 5000 HP and still get stuck, just do what i did i suupose.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Casting Warp or Zap! whenever in trouble helps... and try buying some X-Cures and Ethers... If your HP/MP keeps going down... too bad you don't get Phys or Psyc yet...

Those prototype names sure are badly translated...

What you want to make sure you have is someone to cast Cure a whole bunch and high agility and magic defense. In fact, that pretty much applies to the whole game.

Better than Demiforce's at least... I mean STON?

Phys? Psyc? Is that Drain and Aspir? Anyway, if you train within the warship enough you shouldn't need to exit.

Yes... IF Aspir is the MP stealing spell...