Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sephiroth's Sword

ok....how about this then......to set ya'lls ideas in thair place Sephiroths Sword is a Ton lighter than the Buster.........and Cloud with his thin arms swings it around fightin like it was as light as a feather...soooo! with that said you have to assume to Sephiroth his sword is like holding a Pencil...seriously...think about his Strength..

Slightly OT, but confirms earlier statements...

Ninja did have a weapon called the Ninja-to, yes it was longer than a wakizashi and shorter than a katana, and it has a straight blade. Also, the sheath has more of a box (flat) shape than the katana sheath's rounded form. I've owned cheap-ass versions of all three, and looked into the weapons. It's amazing what interests growing up on Final Fantasy and Dungeons and Dragons can spawn in your mind, and where these interests can lead your studies ^_^

And yeah, Sephi carries his Masamune around with him. Cos he's a bad-ass. Mrawr.

This thread is getting very intellectual right so i'd like to point out before I drown in see of incomprehensible syllabilic speech that I think it's an odd topic and watch on interest. Or when I don't understand, feigned interest.

Can sins ever be forgiven?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

It used to be my sword but I sold it on ebay coz I got a better sword, Sephy gave me alot of money for it and must thank him.

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Default sorry if this is necro

I just wanted to offer a more simple explaination.

A) He has more than one sword. Cloud and every other person in the game cycles through different versions of their own weapons, why shouldn't Sephiroth?

B) If he has a sheath, it isnt based on a draw forward mechanic. Imagine it being more of a clam shell design. The sheath could be hinge in the middle with the side that falls down. Then it clicks closed. The force of drawing the weapon would be enough to free the door. But normal travel wouldnt unhinge it. Altough this is not in keeping with traditional ninja and samuri swords, it could work.

Last edited by Callahan; 09-30-2005 at 04:06 PM.

Grin

Aah, I've got it!
    He's stolen mary poppins bag.

Can sins ever be forgiven?

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X
    My one and only question is: When in the game did anyone indicate the size of the Masamune? I don't remember that. If Square expects us to base the sword's size on one or two pics and the fact no one else can wield it, then those are factors that can easily be explained away.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZuZu
    President Shinra is dead...

Cloud: "Only Sephiroth can use that sword."
    "You sure?"
    Cloud: "Of course. He uses it to shave his legs. Do you think anyone else will want to touch it after that?"

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

He probably wouldn't take it everywhere with him. We only see him in hostile environments most of the time, so he's always just carrying it at his side.

I don't imagine a sheath for it, but I do think that he had some sort of platform or pedastal for it to go on while he wasn't using it, like, at his house or something, don't you think?
    I believe in the power of humanity.

I would just like to point out one thing. Sephiroth can probably wield that sword because he is completely unlike anything anyone else has seen. Cloud says it best at Kalm.

"Sephiroth's strength is unreal. He is far stronger in reality than anything you might have heard about him."

Don't you think someone who happens to be invulnerable to everything be strong enough to wield a sword, no matter how large?

As for where he carries it, I don't think he sheathes it, personally. He probably walks around with it on his shoulder, angled behind his neck, you know?

Anytime I see something screech across a room and latch onto someones neck, and the guy screams and tries to get it off, I have to laugh, because what is that thing. - Jack Handy

it could be attached to his side by a strap or something and all he has to do is unclip it and there you go

Mebbe someone else draws it for him and he chops off their head afterwards....dunno..

Quote Originally Posted by Callahan
    I just wanted to offer a more simple explaination.

A) He has more than one sword. Cloud and every other person in the game cycles through different versions of their own weapons, why shouldn't Sephiroth?

B) If he has a sheath, it isnt based on a draw forward mechanic. Imagine it being more of a clam shell design. The sheath could be hinge in the middle with the side that falls down. Then it clicks closed. The force of drawing the weapon would be enough to free the door. But normal travel wouldnt unhinge it. Altough this is not in keeping with traditional ninja and samuri swords, it could work.

I don't Know about Point A., but Iagree that point B. would be a very practical way.
    Jesus saith unto him," I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."
    John 14:9

Which FF Character Are You?

still its so big I mean it must be extreamly cumbersome it would be impossible to travel with it thus its a demon blade it lives and stuff and becomes invisible and follows sepiroth everywhere and stuff or he uses materia to make it float and follow....

Default masamune

Does anyone manage to save the picture of that 'sephiroth sword' that was on sale on a site?