Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I Have a Theory About YuRiPa

Banned

i got a simple theroy (Paine rules) and yuna and rikku suck :rolleyes2
    Last edited by Painex2rules; 09-08-2005 at 10:10 PM.

pinchpinchpinchpinchpinch ScottNUMBERS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Destai
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuna Braska 19
    Quote Originally Posted by Big D
    What does FFVII Have to do with omg Charlies Angels copy
    If I did not see sorry...
    >.<
    My point is.... FFVII has nothing to do with Charlie's Angels, except that there are three women in it. The same is true for FFX-2, except people often criticise that game for being too similar to Charlie's Angels.
    Yeah but alot of the publicity for X-2 was this girl power theme with three tough, independant etc. woman for main characters. Charlies Angels did the same thing. VII didnt really commment on the characters sex at all.
    X-2 was released (in Japan) before the second Charlie's Angels remake movie. So, at the time, the first movie was just a mildly successful film from a year or so ago. I rather doubt the X-2 design team would've gone out of their way to rip off a movie that had made a bit of money at some time in the past, and which was itself based on a '70s TV show.

But then they release X-2 in the West at about the same time as Full Throttle, so self-congratulating Western types assume that their own marvellous creation inspired everything.
    Maaarvelous
    I don't see Charlies Angels the same with YRP, YRP do mission, find spheres, fighting with magic and change during battles.
    Charlies Angels and X-2 different...
    I 'm sorry if I sound dum to you but still what does FF VII have to do with YRP Three girls?
    >.<
    Alright, I dont care anymore.
    Wow i just Quoted, a Quoted, Quoted, Quoted, Quoted, Quoted Quote.

Anyways...your thoery is a bit too farfeched for my liking. But Whoever said they are lesbians may be onto something. I would agree agree with Painesx2rules's theory but the following symbols are stopping me..
    ( r o c k s )
    Last edited by ScottNUMBERS; 09-08-2005 at 09:58 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by scott728723745
    >.<
    My point is.... FFVII has nothing to do with Charlie's Angels, except that there are three women in it. The same is true for FFX-2, except people often criticise that game for being too similar to Charlie's Angels.
    Yeah but alot of the publicity for X-2 was this girl power theme with three tough, independant etc. woman for main characters. Charlies Angels did the same thing. VII didnt really commment on the characters sex at all.
    X-2 was released (in Japan) before the second Charlie's Angels remake movie. So, at the time, the first movie was just a mildly successful film from a year or so ago. I rather doubt the X-2 design team would've gone out of their way to rip off a movie that had made a bit of money at some time in the past, and which was itself based on a '70s TV show.

But then they release X-2 in the West at about the same time as Full Throttle, so self-congratulating Western types assume that their own marvellous creation inspired everything.
    Maaarvelous
    I don't see Charlies Angels the same with YRP, YRP do mission, find spheres, fighting with magic and change during battles.
    I 'm sorry if I sound dum to you but still what does FF VII have to do with YRP Three girls?
    >.<

Anyways...your thoery is a bit too farfeched for my liking. But Whoever said they are lesbians may be onto something. I would agree agree with Painesx2rules's theory but the following symbols are stopping me..
    ( r o c k s )
    rules is that better my princes :rolleyes2

Quote Originally Posted by Painex2rules
    i got a simple theroy (Paine rules) and yuna and rikku suck :rolleyes2
    Rikku can get real stron so think Twice beroe saying that and Yuna thats a diff story

Move IT!!
    Come join Gaia online come talk to others in the world. if you regster come privet Messages me my name on there is Serrea and any problems on there privet Message and i will help!

I think I understand the Charlies Angles remarks. While there may be three strong female characters in other games, this is the only game where you are forced to use them, and only them. It is a game that is completely about three strong women going around kicking butt. In that way, I can see a resemblance. But that's the only major similarity, so I really don't think there is much validity to the claim.

As to Yuna, Rikku, and Paine being similar to the Braska, Jecht, and Auron group... While their personalities are different (Jecht and Riku especially aren't much alike), their actions and roles in the group are very similar. I like that theory.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

I think it is pretty obvious that they are a blatant rip off of The A-Team
    :mario::luigi:

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch
    Rikku is totally Mr T.
    "I pity da foo' who be pickin' on High Summoner Yunie!"

Brother is Face, 'cause of his dashing good looks and rampant promiscuity, while Leblanc is Hannibal, because they're both fond of disguises and wisecracks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch
    Rikku is totally Mr T.
    "I pity da foo' who be pickin' on High Summoner Yunie!"

Brother is Face, 'cause of his dashing good looks and rampant promiscuity, while Leblanc is Hannibal, because they're both fond of disguises and wisecracks.
    finally I have found someone who understands
    :mario::luigi:

pinchpinchpinchpinchpinch ScottNUMBERS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Painex2rules
    Quote Originally Posted by scott728723745
    >.<

Maaarvelous
    >.<

( r o c k s )
    rules is that better my princes :rolleyes2
    Nah i meant all three of them suck.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Whether they copied Charlie Angel or whatever, it is good to have something new for a try and this is the first FF series to figure three girls as the leads and revolve around a lot of sidequests.

Another aspect that they have similar to Charlie's Angels: They do this pose first before attacking or assaulting.
    Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand.

The only similarity to Charlie's Angels is that there are three women who do stuff and fight.
    Thats how 9/10 people describe Charlies Angels.
    Yeah, but it's extremely broad and could describe any three women who do stuff and fight.
    For example, FFVII could be an "omg Charlie's Angels copy!!!1" because it's got 3 Sexy women who do stuff and fight.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

Maybe a more accurate way of comparing them to Charlie's Angels is by saying three LEADING sexy women as hired mercenaries to save the world. Kinda gives me the freaky thematic notion that Brother is Charlie whose role is to just boss YRP around while the girls do all the dirty work being sent to the four corners of Spira. The Friendly Neighborhood Gullwings is one very good example.

Plus that "pose" they execute everytime they begin a mission is just arguably very similar to Charlie's Angels theme.

Just my two gil from my pockets!
    Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand.

how did this conversation get into charle's angles? (u don't hav 2 anwser that)
    but still, u guys are getting off the point! arn't we spose 2 be talking about Y,R,P being like B,J,A? and by the way iv always seen Y,R,P being more like the powerpuff girls than charle's angle but that beside the point.
    Photobucket
    cheak out my art at http://missmaxx.deviantart.com/

YRP remind me of three different people.
    ^.- Cute Powerpuff!