Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anime/Manga

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Favorite anime is Cowboy Bebop, but maybe more importantly, the best manga ever is Lament of the Lamb. Waaaaaay better than it's anime counterpart, so on the offchance that anyone actually is curious, go for the manga.
    --Box Box Box Box

I really really REALLY love Yu Yu Hakusho for reasons that should be obvious. And DBZ, which was my gateway anime. And Naruto and Crescent Moon and Digimon and Magic Knight Rayearth and Fruits Basket..........the list goes on forever. *sighs* I'm such a nerd.

PS. If anyone fancies a chat sometime, clicka on my YIM or AIM. I'm always willing to talk.

Use the edit button instead of double posting please.-kikimm

I am the biggest Hiei fan in the universe. I AM THE BLACK MAGE! I CASTS THE SPELLS THAT MAKES THE PEOPLES FALL DOWN!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shlup
    . . . favorite anime, but for now I'll say Kimi ga Nozomu Eien.
    Kimi ga Nozomu Eien was SO sad. ;_; I don't understand why so many people say its boring and overly done ( daram wise ) . . . well, I can understand a little but it captured my heart. :<3: I read the first manga for Mars and didn't really get in to it. I think I might try again after I finish up reading the thousand other mangas I've put off.

Quote Originally Posted by Perola
    very people said its for kids... but I love that story...
    The anime is quite sad in my opinion and way to geared toward kids; so much in fact that it made me feel molested. Jaykay, slightly. -sigh- It is though a hollow shell of what COULD have been quite awesome. I'm a HUGE fan of the manga!!!!! Usagi is too adorable to not love.

Anyone who says that Sailor Moon is just for kids have them pick up a manga. Usagi is quite sexually complicated in what gender she likes every other book ( xD! ) and the badguys are much more cynical. I lubs you SM. ( even the anime secretly, tee )

Quote Originally Posted by Slade
    I dont read any mangas but my favorite animes are;

Hellsing
    If you LOVE Hellsing the anime . . . then you HAVE to read the manga. Andersong ( they wimped him out HARDCORE in the anime ) is my particular favorite character alongside his other crazy Iscariot members like Yumie/Yumiko Takagi and Heinkel Wolfe. Maxwell is CRAZY in the manga with his army of freak killing Catholics and there's a vampire Nazi party who THRIVE on killing and starting war.

In other news for Hellsing, an OVA is coming out that will start over from the beginning and inclue these things from the manga that were left out in the manga. ( HOW could you NOT inclue Rip and Pip!?!?! ) Also, Incognito is the WORST anime villian ever thought up in a drunken rage! Seriously, WTF?

Anyway, like I said the manga is soooooooooooooooo good. Can't afford it . . . then cheat like the rest of us. =D How?? Well . . .

--I don't want to post the link here since there is nudity on other parts of the site and Hellsing itself contains Nazis and lots of gore and I don't feel like testing my freedom of speech. xD! Just PM me and I'll more than gladly link ya. On this site there is also translated scans for Tenjou Tenge, Evangelion, Chrno Crusade, Samurai Deeper Kyo and some older manga.--

As far as me! My favorites include -

Manga ( excluding my favorite doujinshi )

Chrno Crusade
    Hellsing ( OH YEAH )
    Trigun ( The manga is SO seriously FANTASTIC )
    Chobits
    Ikkitousen
    Indian Summer
    Mahoromatic
    Azumanga Diaoh
    Getbackers
    Real Bout High School ( love the manga, hate the anime )

Anime ( excluding my favorite hentais )

Lunar Legend Tsukihime ( Ok, seriously, this one is brand new and awesome )
    Kimi ga Nozomu Eien
    Azumanga Diaoh ( cause Chiyo and Sakaki are ADORABLE in motion ( in Japanese ) )
    Excel Saga
    Puni Puni Poemi ( If you like Excel . . . you'll love Puni Everyone else WILL be scared )
    Cowboy Bebop
    Trigun
    Samurai X
    Midori no Hibi ( O.M.F.G )
    Elfen Lied ( Nyuu! Such an incredibly awesome anime )

My gosh, there's so many animes I love.
    Do you Wanna Build a Snowman?

-= It doesn't have to be a snowman... =-

Quote Originally Posted by Rengori
    You're joking, right?

Actually im not. DBZ is the only anime that I can stand to watch. Is there a problem with that?

Only in that when people talk about boring, slow, tedious anime, DBZ is at the top of the list.

"I have am about to use the ultimate technique to destroy you...but first let’s talk about it for 50 F@#$ing episodes..."

Quote Originally Posted by ThroneofDravaris
    Only in that when people talk about boring, slow, tedious anime, DBZ is at the top of the list.

"I have am about to use the ultimate technique to destroy you...but first let’s talk about it for 50 F@#$ing episodes..."

Same can be said for many animes. Or at least the ones I have seen on tv. And the only time DBZ is on any of those lists are when obessive anime nerds are argueing over what is the best show and someone comes in and says he likes DBZ and gets flammed to hell. Simply because it IS a very popular show. Almost everyone who watches any type of anime knows about DBZ, not everyone knows about most of that crap on the list.

Oh and before any here starts going crazy, I was talking about anyone here. I was talking about a different message board (i think it was gamefaqs). Where I mentioned I like DBZ and I was flammed to death.
    Last edited by Black Mage FF1; 09-12-2005 at 02:46 PM.

The problem is, DRZ suffers from the same illness that plagues FF7: Fan Boys. You get the same sort of mindless fanatics creating shrines to DBZ characters that you do creating shrines to Sephiroth. The sad thing is, most of them haven’t watched it in Japanese, and have only seen the edited US version. So yeah, most of the time if you saw you like it, you’ll get jumped by elitist bastards like myself. I think the only ‘children’s’ anime that has been shown in the US and is still alright to talk about on ‘true’(and I use that word loosely) anime boards is Card Captor Sakura, and only because the Jap version has 10 year old lesbians…

*drools, then snaps out of it after realizing how f@#$ed up that is*

As for other anime being slow moving, most of the time you will receive some character development during the more tedious scenes. In DBZ however, you get pounded with flashbacks of crap you just saw in the last episode, mixed with lines that a rephrased over and over again to make it seem as if it was new dialogue.

ToD wins.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

No he doesnt

i'm giving up,
    on the entire human race....

YES HE DOES.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

Quote Originally Posted by ThroneofDravaris
    The problem is, DRZ suffers from the same illness that plagues FF7: Fan Boys. You get the same sort of mindless fanatics creating shrines to DBZ characters that you do creating shrines to Sephiroth. The sad thing is, most of them haven’t watched it in Japanese, and have only seen the edited US version. So yeah, most of the time if you saw you like it, you’ll get jumped by elitist bastards like myself. I think the only ‘children’s’ anime that has been shown in the US and is still alright to talk about on ‘true’(and I use that word loosely) anime boards is Card Captor Sakura, and only because the Jap version has 10 year old lesbians…

*drools, then snaps out of it after realizing how f@#$ed up that is*

As for other anime being slow moving, most of the time you will receive some character development during the more tedious scenes. In DBZ however, you get pounded with flashbacks of crap you just saw in the last episode, mixed with lines that a rephrased over and over again to make it seem as if it was new dialogue.

You say that if it is a bad thing. So what if I havent seen the Japanese version. I live in the USA and they play the USA version. Seeing the Japanese verison doesnt change ANYTHING. Doesnt make you special or anything. And so what if it has a lot of fanboys? Let people enjoy what they want. You want to know why it has so many? Because obviously both FF7 and DBZ are pretty damn good. Now creating "shrines" is going to far, but other then that. Having FF7 as your favorite game or DBZ as your favorite show, there is nothing wrong with that. Its all about opinion.

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzakeru
    The anime is quite sad in my opinion and way to geared toward kids; so much in fact that it made me feel molested. Jaykay, slightly. -sigh- It is though a hollow shell of what COULD have been quite awesome. I'm a HUGE fan of the manga!!!!! Usagi is too adorable to not love.

Anyone who says that Sailor Moon is just for kids have them pick up a manga. Usagi is quite sexually complicated in what gender she likes every other book ( xD! ) and the badguys are much more cynical. I lubs you SM. ( even the anime secretly, tee )

Well in the anime (I mean the original not the dub bs that we got in NA) they all show a tendancy to have feelings for both sides. I love Haruka and Michiru scenes in the anime when they flirt with each other. Also is it me or in the manga does Usagi have sex with Mamo, while Chibi-Usa is sleeping in the other room at Mamo's? Cuz it pretty well hinted to that (I am refering to the Dark Moon saga or w/e you want to call it)

Also I find in the manga the plot is so much more deeper, and has many underlining issues like the relationship between good and evil, and their bittersweet attraction.

Quote Originally Posted by Rengori
    YES HE DOES.
    No he doesnt

i'm giving up,
    on the entire human race....

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yo. Guys. Knock it off, and get back on topic. =D
    --Box Box Box Box

smurf off..........cowboy bebop