Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: what's GOOD about terrorism?(for once)

Banned

Default what's GOOD about terrorism?(for once)

oh you had to know this was coming. and yesi expect the staff to treat any detractors, trollers or those who speak negatively on the matter as harshly as in a similar thread.

sometimes i think terrorism is a good thing. not against civillians. i'm against unprovoked murder. a type of urban guerrila war. having to be declared i suppose. and it all depends on what you are fighting for. world domination = bad. freedom and democracy = good.

so any thoughts on any good terrorists? and when you would think good of it?

remember positive posts people

Prinny God Recognized Member Endless's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Since modern terrorism ultimately leads to death of innocents, my answer is "nothing".

The only examples of "terrorism" that had a positive effect I can think of are:
    - Resistance against the Germans during WWII
    - The French Revolution
    - the Independance of the USA.

And then there is Death

Bigger than a rancor SomethingBig's Avatar

ter·ror·ism
    Pronunciation: 'ter-&r-"i-z&m
    Function: noun
    1 : the unlawful use or threat of violence esp. against the state or the public as a politically motivated means of attack or coercion
    2 : violent and intimidating gang activity —ter·ror·ist /-ist/ adj or noun —ter·ror·is·tic

Never.
    :monster2: One, AH! AH! Two, AH AH! Three, AH AH!

If they kill government officials and not civilians, then I can't do much to complain.

You must admit taht the good thing about 9/11 (not saying it was a good thing at all, but to look at a positive lesson) was that it really opened up the American eyes to the world. It made the world a smaller place.

Aside from that I think all terrorists should rot in hell and feel the full blooded wrath of the fallen legions. I hope they burn slow.

Bipper

One person's terrorist is another's freedom fighter. thats what i feel anyway.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Banned

Terrorism is always beneficial to some.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Guerilla warfare =/= terrorism. Blowing up skyscrapers and trains is not a valid military strategy (Unless your plan is to have your entire network of operations severely disrupted.). Attacking military convoys, bases, and suchlike is. So strictly speaking, I wouldn't count the attack on the Pentagon entirely as terrorism, but the fact they killed some hundreds of innocent people in doing it kinda overrules the distinction there.

On the other hand, it set Iraq and Afghanistan free. And it ended up making Gaddafi much more ready to listen to us in the West. Hopefully other nations will follow suit. So, though I'd fully prefer those people never died, it has had a silver lining.

You know i am just wondering, theres rules in wars now? Anything goes in wars and whatever, innocents and killing them and ransoming them is just one strategy, doesnt matter what people think, if used right its a damn good strategy. All is fair in war (doesnt matter if you proclaim it or not too).
    '
    That and i feel it set afganisthan and iraq under American control rather than free...following the ideals that American's set up and for generations to come is not what i consider to be the free way...let them set it up however they wish.

Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by lionx
    You know i am just wondering, theres rules in wars now? Anything goes in wars and whatever, innocents and killing them and ransoming them is just one strategy, doesnt matter what people think, if used right its a damn good strategy. All is fair in war (doesnt matter if you proclaim it or not too).
    '
    That and i feel it set afganisthan and iraq under American control rather than free...following the ideals that American's set up and for generations to come is not what i consider to be the free way...let them set it up however they wish.
    America isn't free, but it's damned closer than anyone else. Additionally, you might not have heard about a little thing called the Iraqi Constitution?

Isnt that set up by the Americans however..? I still feel that over there everything is a mock government that America is trying to instill slowly (as once the constitution is up everything will stem from that and from american ideals). That and i think Europe is way more free in some areas.

Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by lionx
    Isnt that set up by the Americans however..? I still feel that over there everything is a mock government that America is trying to instill slowly (as once the constitution is up everything will stem from that and from american ideals). That and i think Europe is way more free in some areas.
    Europe: Legally, it isn't. Socially, it can be.

And the whole problem with the Iraqi Constitution right now is that the various Iraqi groups can't agree on a few points of it. Why is this the case when the Americans are just barelling on in there and forcing them into this one set of laws with no room for debate?

Oh... right...

Banned

"You know i am just wondering, theres rules in wars now?" there is. it's called the rules of law. certain things you can and cannot do. you must declare war (been ignored for the last 40 years). you cannot attack civillians purposefully unless engaged in total war. you must wear uniforms on the battlefield. other treaties and the like help with this. chemical weapons, pows etc. most of the old rules of war were never legal or official and are mostly ignored or replaced with the treaties.

i think the formation of the new iraq while it has been handled correctly is doomed to failure. we did try this before. it led to sadamme being in power. (that's the last word on the constitution which is off topic)

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Unlike the America thread which you are comparing this to for purposes of your warnings, Cloud, terrorism, by definition, is not a good concept, whereas America has both good and bad sides to it. A terrorist is a person who uses, as was posted in the definition early, violence, intimidation, and other tactics by which to achieve their ends. You might claim that the ends justify the means, in which case that is a "good" achievment of terrorism, but I tend to be of the opinion that the end does not justify the means in cases such as this.

What i mean is that the Americans Drafted it if i am correct, with their ideals and slant, which i feel should not be the case and should be made entirely by Iraq themselves.

Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3