Thread: Possible bug, if someone can confirm

Blog Entries

Default Possible bug, if someone can confirm

I'm playing Final Fantasy II (NES) and I got into an encounter with two Hornets. I had Firion target the top one, Maria target the bottom, and then I had Guy target the bottom one too (because Maria can't hit worth tit with that bow).

Firion attacked the bottom Hornet. And yes, I definitely targeted the top one.

Are there any instances of this happening to someone else?

EDIT: It may have been LegEaters, if that changes anything. It was either Hornets or LegEaters.

Blog Entries

I had a glitch like that once, except somebody cast a different spell than the one I told them to. It was with a Game Genie though, cause it was my 3rd or 4th playthrough and I wanted to kill EVERYTHING. Was it a legit glitch? No cheat devices? And was it on the system or an emulator?
    Face

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Blog Entries

Legit, on an emulator. No cheat devices.

Blog Entries

I've checked a couple other forums and some walkthroughs, and I can't find anything about characters attacking other monsters than the ones they were told to. So if it really did glitch, it was probably a one-time thing. I wouldn't worry about it too much. If it happens again, maybe it's a problem with the rom.
    Face

Blog Entries

I've stopped playing Final Fantasy II because I'm far too comfortable with going to Burger King and having it my way. Firion attacking things that I did not tell him to attack is an issue that I maintain a zero-tolerance policy for.

Blog Entries

...Or that could work, too.
    Face

I've actually (kind of) had this issue with it on the iPhone. I always just presumed it was an intentional thing with rows, since it happened whenever I tried to kill off a back row enemy with front row foes still there and only using a short range weapon.