Thread: Genre's, your favorites?

Heavy metal/hard rock from 70s and 80s.

Owen made this sig. R.I.P.

Summoner of Nessie Brian The Pink Shark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RPJesus
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeZipster
    I like...
    Alternative
    Grunge (If you can call it a genre, it's basically like saying I like Nirvana and Mudhoney)
    Thrash Metal (If you can call it a genre, it's basically like saying I like Metallica, Megadeth, or Slayer)
    Err... 'Alternative' is a genre, but grunge isn't? How'd you figure that? What does 'alternative' mean except 'not pop', anyway?
    Metallica is heavy metal, Slayer and Megadeath are death metal. Thrash metal's faster stuff, like Motorhead (I know they're old, but they basically invented thrash metal).

EDITOLA:
    Squinn likes KISS? Bleuugh!
    actually megadeth arent death metal, they are thrash metal, also there is only 1 "a" in Megadeth

Banned

Metallica is heavy metal, Slayer and Megadeath are death metal. Thrash metal's faster stuff, like Motorhead (I know they're old, but they basically invented thrash metal).
    All those bands are Thrash Metal. You must never have heard Death Metal.

This or this is what Death Metal sounds like.

Quote Originally Posted by Squinn
    actually megadeth arent death metal, they are thrash metal, also there is only 1 "a" in Megadeth
    Well, they're all pretty ill-defined genres anyway. It doesn't really make a difference what sub-sub-genre they are.
    Those two 'songs' are godawful, by the way, Jrgen. Hell ass awful crap.
    Anyway, when did you become an expert on muisc? And under which circumstances are Metalica thrash? Thrash is fast- Metalica isn't hugely fast.

Rock

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Experimental alternative progressive techno rock.

And nerdcore hip hop.

Banned

That's your opinion. No matter how bad you think they are, they're still Death Metal.
    Anyway, when did you become an expert on muisc? And under which circumstances are Metalica thrash? Thrash is fast- Metalica isn't hugely fast.
    The music Metallica wrote in the 80s is very typical Thrash Metal. In the 90s, they turned more mainstream, away from Thrash Metal. I am by no means an expert on music, but I do know what Thrash Metal is.

Quote Originally Posted by jrgen
    That's your opinion. No matter how bad you think they are, they're still Death Metal.
    I never said they were'nt Death Metal, I just said they sucked.
    The music Metallica wrote in the 80s is very typical Thrash Metal. In the 90s, they turned more mainstream, away from Thrash Metal. I am by no means an expert on music, but I do know what Thrash Metal is.
    Fair enough, then.

I tend not to generalise with genres. For example, some metal, like System of a Down or Rammstein, is good, some, like Murderdolls, is very, very bad. Some hip-hop, like Rage Against the Machine, is good, some, like anything else, is bad.
    If I had to choose, I'd say I like metal and rock. I'm not going to be too specific- all this Doom Metal and BlackDeath Metal and MegaDarkBlood Metal crap is just annoying and confusing.

Experimental
    Heavy Rock
    Classic Rock
    Classical
    Techno
    Funk
    Alternative
    Jazz Fusion
    Crazy Melodic Circus Music

I bunch of other styles I can't really explain.
    Last edited by GooeyToast; 09-24-2005 at 08:27 PM.

I like...
    Alternative
    Grunge (If you can call it a genre, it's basically like saying I like Nirvana and Mudhoney)
    Thrash Metal (If you can call it a genre, it's basically like saying I like Metallica, Megadeth, or Slayer)
    Err... 'Alternative' is a genre, but grunge isn't? How'd you figure that? What does 'alternative' mean except 'not pop', anyway?

EDITOLA:
    Megadeth can somewhat be death metal on tracks like "prince of darkness"

Owen made this sig. R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Guitar from blackness
    I like...
    Alternative

EDITOLA:
    Megadeth can somewhat be death metal on tracks like "prince of darkness"

Why just quote without adding anything? At least say 'I Agree' or something.

Blog Entries

Mine are:

Reggae
    Rasta
    Roots
    Irish Folk
    Big Band
    Rock

I like...
    Alternative
    I said "if you can call it that" because I don't believe 2 bands constitute a genre. The only two grunge bands I even know of are Mudhoney and Nirvana. As for Thrash Metal, well the Big Four Of Thrash are Megadeth, Anthrax, Metallica, and Slayer so I've got no idea why'd you say they aren't Thrash Metal.

Death Metal = growling vocals
    Thrash Metal = heavy and fast riffs

That's how I characterize them, at least. I'm not going to claim to be the authority on a genre of music that was around and died before I was even born.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris

Reggae
    *mwah*