Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Final Fantasy 4's ending (not really a spoiler)

Default Thoughts on Final Fantasy 4's ending (not really a spoiler)

Well, I just finished Final Fantasy 4 and I've got to say, despite how lame some of the translations are and how crude it seems compared to the later FF's, I really liked it alot. Only one thought really ran through my head at the end though: Kain is such a badass! [I actually picked this name a long time ago.] I'm actually curious, does anyone have an animated gif of the SNES ending where Kain is just standing on that ledge with his helmet off and his hair blowing in the wind? That shot was so rad.

Anyhoo, what did you guys think of this ending? It seemed good, but somehow, I don't know, incomplete, or something. Anyway.

I thought it ended well. It felt finished to me. The only thing i didnt like was Edge. What an annoying character. Lucky Rydia didnt take any notice of him at all. And i agree with you that Kain is the man. That was the best part of the ending where hes standing on that cliff

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I still feel that it is the best FF ending. It really felt like everything was truly resolved, and every single loose end was tied up. That game just gives me great feeling whenever I beat it.

Yeah, I'm going to go back and record it on VHS, try to port it onto comp, and get that scene out of it. If any of you are interested in any part of it lemme know, but this will be my first venture of that kind, haha so it may be a while before I can get back to you with anything.

Man... Kain... haha,

Oh and Sephex, I loved With Teeth.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheDragoonKain
    Yeah, I'm going to go back and record it on VHS, try to port it onto comp, and get that scene out of it. If any of you are interested in any part of it lemme know, but this will be my first venture of that kind, haha so it may be a while before I can get back to you with anything.

Man... Kain... haha,

Oh and Sephex, I loved With Teeth.
    I want the ending, plz.

Sure, I'll post on here whenever I finish porting it over and all.

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I wanted to rip the scene to an animated GIF some time ago. If you have an emulator, it's an easy thing.....

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Kain!!!

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Cain.

What's to think about, it was a good end to a good RPG. none of this stuff that's left unanswered and mysterious. a lot of stuff is revealed, like what color kain's hair was, which was the number 1 thing people wanted to know while playing. we already knew cecil had whitish-blue grandma hair since he turned into a paladin, so nothing about him at the end. but come to think of it, maybe his hair turned white when he became a paladin. maybe he got so scared at that moment it turned white? btw, I'm sure Edge and Rydia do end up together anyways. She was playing hard to get, that's what stereotypes do.

it had a good ending...it made me like the game more...and the cain's a blonde thing was also a good addition...makes ya love the 2D games all over again!!

I don't know, I like to believe Cecil's hair was already that blueish/purpleish white due to his Lunarian heritage. After all, people who already knew him before he was even made a Dark Knight like Rosa, Kain, and Cid didn't go "OMGWTFHAPPENEDTOYOURHAIRLOL!!!!!!!111!"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cookieface
    What's to think about, it was a good end to a good RPG. none of this stuff that's left unanswered and mysterious. a lot of stuff is revealed, like what color kain's hair was, which was the number 1 thing people wanted to know while playing.
    I don't think Cain's hair color ever mattered to me. It's not a story element, it's not a cool ability, and it didn't have any importance. It's hair. Nothing to flip out about.