Thread: Bof2 Bells, arg!

Default Bof2 Bells, arg!

I am stuck on the bells, is there any easier way to do this?

The bells I am talking about are the ones you must ring with the monk in Namada's Temple. I am trying to get teh Namada's Strength spell.

Bipper

Eoff + Fabio = Win Lord Chainsaw's Avatar

Boombda...hmmm.

I'm going to flat out admit that in my 10 years of playing BoFII and my probable 10-15 playthroughs, I have never once gotten, nor needed that spell.

Unless you're striving to complete the game 100% (and if you are I suggest you take the Great Bird to the Charm Rod Isle and tangle with some N.Riders, the true hardest enemies in the game) you really don't need it. I do believe by Namada you've already taken down the hardest bosses in the game, sans the second last boss (the Terrapin, Kuwadora, and Algernon come to mind.)

By the point you're at in the game, you can easily cook stat increasing meals at the Township and breeze through the rest of the dungeons. What's more, if you have Bleu, and bother to level her up to a good extent, her stats will spike and she will easily become a very unbalanced character capable of soloing the endgame all by herself.

Bottom line: If the bells are giving you too much trouble, just skip them, and enjoy the rest of the great game.

To hell with Battletoads and Double Dragon.
    THIS is the ultimate team.

Yeah I am gonna give up on the bells. Ugh, why the hell do they put somthing so damn imposible in the game, and to think that some DEAF people play that game. Its kinda a rediculous part to have in there, even if it is extra. Gah, damn timing/gayeness.

[/rant]

I dont know why people care so much about extras so much? I never do, unless they actually change the outcome, which is uncommon. I admit, I totally skipped those stupid things. The way I play these games, I usually keep going and going until something gets in the way, I don't stop to look around. And not much gets in the way other than low exp points.

Very true, but the spell would kick some arse, and I am kinda a nazi like that. I like seeing all the little things. When somthing gets this ridiculous though, I think it just kinda kills things. Sure a game should be challenging, but matching notes while keeping rythem is just ghey.

Bipper

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I never got the spell, I suppose you have to have some musical sense to do it....

Well instead of making a victory post I will just say it here. I beath BoF2 and i must say, The ending, and the last 1/5 of the game was enough to save if from being a discrace. I like the begining, and the end of this game. The rest is just filler. Even with a less than mediocre pace, I still rathe this game high because of its awsome ending sequences. Brilliant use of the available resources, and a testement that compares (if not beats the snes FF endings. Very niceley done indeed.

I give it a 7/10. (and that is good on my scale.

Bipper

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You're not completely wrong. I have to say I liked better BoF 1 myself. It had better music and a better story, despite the graphics being less refined.

Eoff + Fabio = Win Lord Chainsaw's Avatar

I didn't really much care for the music in Breath of Fire I, and thought II had some outstanding tracks.

The God of Decadence, A Crisis, More than Words, and the Final Battle are a few of my favorites. There's only one track that I like from the original BoF, and that happens to be Emperor Zog's Theme, which being pretty much the only standout track in the game, they decide to pass it off as major boss music AND last boss music. But to each his own.

To hell with Battletoads and Double Dragon.
    THIS is the ultimate team.

It's very, very, VERY hard to get those bells timing just right but it can be done. Basically you just have to keep going in and out of the room listening to it over and over until you've got the rythm down. Then work on getting the timing right and eventually you will get it. Took me about 3.5 hours to get it right. The spell you get is pretty good. It cuts all the enemies hp in half. (Doesn't work on bosses).

yea, damn. who's the one said BOF1 had better music than BOF2? You have dishonored my family, and my forefathers, you will die by nerf ball.

BOF2 had some awesome stuff. And weird, stupid looking characters. It was awesome. BOF1 just sort of came around to say Capcom can make an RPG. The only cool tracks in BOF1 is the beginning, dark drama one, the boss music, and the 2nd battle music. And maybe the one in Bleak. The town songs overall were pretty lame, I think. While BOF2 had cool songs for the most part from start to finish. Except for that stupid one.

Btw, spell "doesn't work on bosses"... there you go. it's worthless!