Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick Question about Terra

Default Quick Question about Terra

Was she intended to have blonde hair instead of green? I remember a long time ago I was using a game genie and just decided to enter some random codes, and terra had blonde hair for 3 sec on the world map, then the game crashed. Is there anyway to "unlock this" in a cart or rom?

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Random codes will do crap like that. Even though Tina's character design has blonde hair, her sprite was always intended to be green-haired. There's no reason to believe otherwise, at least.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
    Random codes will do crap like that. Even though Tina's character design has blonde hair, her sprite was always intended to be green-haired. There's no reason to believe otherwise, at least.
    They always mess with Amano's designs.

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

sucks doesnt it? i prefer the green hair though.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

I kinda like the green hair. Wonder what the FMVs and such would look like with green hair. The green just makes her look more...different than human. Her magical powers, and such, you know? Like Rydia.

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

i cant imagine on the fmv having green hair but it looks more fantasy with green.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If they had given her sprite blonde hair, she would have looked too much like Celes. Or so I think...

Amano made them look like clones of each other anyway. What's funny is when I got FFAnthology it was years after I shelfed my SNES one. So I'd forgotten how the game began. But I knew Terra and Celes were part of the empire at first. I thought the opening FMV was Celes since it was blond. Its sad. She's a hybrid. Half-human. Green hair helps signify that. Amano certainly didn't think she needed abnormal hair. But obviously the game designers did. I'd go with what the game designers say. I just see Amano simply as an interpreter. His thoughts are not law in my book (otherwise almost everyone in the FF universe would look like a girl XD j/k)

His thoughts are not law in my book (otherwise almost everyone in the FF universe would look like a girl XD j/k /
    That is too true though I really love his work, but it seems liek these character artists have trouble making different characters. I dunno, I have ketched nearly my whole life, and I can only name a few characters that look alike. I wonder if they try to make thier style more signatured or what.

I do agree that they prolly did not want Celes and Terra/Tina to look alike. I hate the blonde hair, the green did give her that supernatural half-espar look and a greater style of individualism. The green hair seemd to symbolize her very well, as bieng unique life.

Bipper

Terra's hair is awesome they should've kept it green for the FMV.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk
    I'd go with what the game designers say. I just see Amano simply as an interpreter.
    It's the other way around. Amano designs the characters, and then whoever designs the sprites or models interprets and adapts his artwork.

Δ As above, so below ∇ crashNUMBERS's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sephex
    They always mess with Amano's designs.
    Yeah I hate that!!

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk
    I'd go with what the game designers say. I just see Amano simply as an interpreter.
    It's the other way around. Amano designs the characters, and then whoever designs the sprites or models interprets and adapts his artwork.
    Or so it was back then. Amano came up with a lot of things that weren't originally planned to be in the game, such as Ultros.

He's an interpreter now though isn't he? (No, I'm not using that in my defense, I was wrong. I didn't realize he actaully made those first. For some reason that's what I thought he always did. Publicize the characters after their creation.)

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yes. He's image illustrator, which means he takes someone else's designs and makes promotional images out of them. He did that since Final Fantasy VII.
    However, Nomura clearly stated Amano has still been an inspiration for him. Just look at Edea and then look at this:
    It's pretty self-evident.
    Attached Images Attached Images