Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: EoFF cursed?

Online relationships usually fall under the long distance relationship. Which, yes, will fail, if the distance is never eliminated.

Well, about a year ago, Jojo came up to me on MSN and said "Erik -censored-, and after that, I want you to -censored- all night long. Will you please be my online boyfriend?". I agreed because I felt bad. We had our fun, but it just wasn't meant to be.

casual mind slip

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk
    Online relationships usually fall under the long distance relationship. Which, yes, will fail, if the distance is never eliminated.
    NOT TRUE NOT TRUE NOT TRUE.

Oh and go R and KB! Again...

Online relationships will not & can not last. I'm waiting for the exception to that rule. I've known people who met online & maybe STARTED it online, but progressed to meeting etc etc, they can work. But unless you plan to meet, wave goodbye to your typing foreplay and your emoicon affections.

PS: Shabba.

Yeah, that's what I meant. I never said any kind of time limit. But they WILL die eventually if you never meet. You can't (or at least shouldn't) get married and grow old together online.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Most relationships fail in general. Maybe humanity is cursed?

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

BoB is MY man, you heathen bitches. And so is James Latimer Cockney Rebel/Joaquin but he never posts anymore.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

Nothing can come between me and RSL.

Lumberjack Recognized Member RSL's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Like someone said, online relationships are, at their core, long distance relationships. Unless of course you live in the same city or nearby.

Those aren't likely to last, although some do. Nothing has a 100% success rate, but that also means it doesn't have a 100% failure rate. It might be luck, it might be something else. Who the hell knows. Or cares for that matter.
    lol signature

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Internet relations? I thought that was only legal in Alabama.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well darn.

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack
    Most relationships fail in general. Maybe humanity is cursed?
    Winner!

There's a difference in a relationship over the internet, though, and a relationship which starts over the internet. While I was in Iraq, a lady friend back home "set me up" with one of her friends, who I talked to online, but met a couple months later when I came home on leave. If we had decided to make a romantic relationship out of it, it wouldn't have been an internet relationship, just a temporarily-long-distance relationship. Now, though it's not what I wanted, we ended up just becoming friends, and even if went somewhere else and couldn't talk to her but online, it still wouldn't be a simple "online relationship". Online relationship rarely work, because of the lack of (for lack of a better term) closeness. There's trust, physical contact, plenty of things that you don't have except in a "real" relationship.

Well, to stick up for all those in a good online relationship for the moment, I understand. Sometimes all you need (for a while anyway) is just for someone to care. Its easy to be patient if you have that foundation. In an online and/or long distance relationship, more than anything else I'd imagine, it really is the thought that counts. I was in a long distance relationship for a year and a half before I couldn't take it anymore. It was like dangling a carrot in front of me. I could never quite get it, but it was there. A lot of people consider online relationships to be fake. Like the person on the other end is just an illusion or something. Its comforting to know someone real somewhere out there really cares about you. That carrot deffinitely is real. It just sucks, eventually, to not be able to grab it. Sometimes you just want, or need to hold, or be held.