Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Car Thread

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default The Car Thread

Now I'm not gonna sit here and pretend that I'm some badass grease monkette who can tell you any and everything you want to know about cars, because I'm a long way away from that. I just like cars. To be specific, I like the American Muscle cars of the 1960's-70's. Those are my favorite anyway. While my absolute favorite car depends on the time of day, it's usually between one of the following: 1967 Shelby Mustang GT 500 (the fastback body type is actually the basis for the 2005 "retro" Mustang), 1968 Pontiac Firebird, 1970 Mustang Mach I, and 1979 Camaro. Right now it's the Firebird, mostly because it's kind of always been the underdog of the American Muscle car. In other words, none of my cartalk friends like it but me. xD

So, do you like cars? Do you prefer classic to modern cars? Do you prefer foreign to domestic cars (being specific to your current home country)? Do you think this is all a waste of good thread space? What's your all time favorite car, or what's on the list? What do you drive right now? How does that compare to your dream car? etc. etc. just talk about cars.

Signature by rubah. I think.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

I like old American muscle cars, don't get me wrong, they're fast and they look nice. The only problem with American cars is that you people don't know what corners are, and the handling is always filth. Of course I learned most everything I know about cars from Top Gear, so i'm bound to be biased. B)

Anyway, looks wise, I prefer older cars, I guess. I don't like the look of many sports cars, being 6'4", I could barely get my legs into most of them. The Nissan Skyline is probably my favourite modern car, along with the Aston Martin DB7/8/9s. I like the ford GT40 as well. The old Mercedes 300SL, "Gullwing", is also nice.

My future car

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I like cars, but I don't know LOADS about them.
    I like more modern cars, rather than the older ones. My dream car would be the car off iRobot :<3:, but seeing as thats not possible I'd love to get the new Golf GTI.
    I can't drive yet but the cars in my immediate family are, the renault megane sport, Golf VR6 Highline and a toyota celica 2.0.

To be fairly honest, the only thing I know about cars is how to mantain them. Thats the only knowledge I have about cars, but I dont know all that technical stuff. Makes people look like greasers (NO not the deogratory term)

Blog Entries

I like RALLY CARS

there was a picture here

lamboghini diablo, best car ever made.
    Dont waste a cow, eat a vegetarian.

su carajo

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I had a very old ford laser but it got stolen.
    I chose a ford laser because I thought it wouldn't get stolen.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I drive a monster truck

It's a 79' Ford F150. I bought it when I was 16 and since then I've put 35" groundhog tires on it, switched out the body for a nice one, had the transmission rebuilt, gave it a new fuel tank, lifted the body another 3 " for a total of I can't even remember how many inches lifted, and rebuilt a 351 modified engine that currently has less than 2000 miles on it. I've done plenty of little stuff too, but it's not really worth mentioning.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I like cars more than most girls do, but I'm not crazy about them. I tend to like the newer cars more because I love small cars.

Modern. Imported. Rice-Burners. Love 'em.

I really love the Toyota Supra Twin Turbo, and Mitsubishi 3000GT, neither of which they make anymore. And yes, I agree with Kyono that Nissan Skylines are awesome, definitely one of my favorites as well. Too bad they don't mass-produce them here. And Subaru STI (Impreza WRX) *drool*...........

As well, BMWs and the Audi Quattro TT are nice. Pricey though.

Then there's Ferrai, Lambourghini, Porche.......amazing, fast exotic cars. Too bad they're priced only for the rich and famous.

While American Muscle cars are nice, like the old Dodge Charger (General Lee, not sure what year it is though), the old Stingrays and Shelbys. They're incredibally powerful, however they don't handle for $hit, and are complete gas guzzlers.

Right now I drive a Hyundai Tiburon - here in Canada they're not as cheap as in the US, and I wanted a sports-coupe, to change it up from the MAzda B4000 4X4 truck I had prior. Even the Toyota Celica and Mitsubishi Eclipse are a little expensive, and didn't fit my budget, and the Tiburon's warranty kicks a$$. I couldn've affored a celica or eclipse, or Subaru WRX, (they actually run over $30K up here) or something nicer, but that would have meant blowing too much of my salary on a car, and hey, ya gotta be able to afford food and shelter .

I like the Tiburon, she handles great, however I wish she had more power. As well a Hyundai's lifespan is probably not as great as a Honda's or Toyota's, so I'll get something different when I'm finished paying the damn thing off.
    WICKED-AWESOME SIG.

I like concept cars.

Articles

I've always wanted to own a Ford Mustang. One day, I will.

Mitsubishi Lancer Evo series, Evo 7 is my personal favourite
    Making a slow come back since 2008

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Old VW beetle, end. Only car I'm interested in at all really, and I love them. I collect models and I have about 50 now. I drive a beetle and I have been since I passed my test about 2 and a half years ago.. if I ever get a new car it'll just be another old beetle, but I'd love a blue one. One day I'd also REALLY like a campervan because that is the only other vehicle I love. People seem to either love or hate beetles, but I get people telling me how cute it is, and I have even managed to change some people's mind about it ^_^

Plus I love how with beetles, when you see other beetle owners we always wave at each other, and the same with campervans. It's a nice friendly cute car community which is nice to be a part of!
    rawr