Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111216 ... LastLast

Thread: FFIV finally goes to the GBA

Quote Originally Posted by Crossblades
    FFIV Advance Heading for December Release in Japan, 3 days after the US release

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2005/1952.html
    Where does that article say three days after the US release?

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

The US release has already been announced. Check the article that's linked to at the beginning of this thread.
    Figaro Castle

I'm actually kind of bothered about this.

The same thing happened with FFI&IIoS. I played FF1 in 1990, and everyone else played it in 2000 something, and they think they're the FF-masters now that they've played the watered down easy version of FF1.

I guess I should be happy that another generation has had the chance to enjoy the game that brought me so much enjoyment... But still, I'm bothered by it.

I bought Final Fantasy II (or 4, as it's really called) within a few weeks of its US release, and I consider myself a hardcore FF fan for things like that, since I've been there since the beginning. I just get frustrated with the whole "OMG FFX-2 IS TEH COOLEST FF OF THEM ALL WAY BETTER THAN THE STUPID OLD ONES FOR SUPER NINTENDO WITH BAD GRAPHICS".

Meh.
    SELF PROMOTING SIG

Click here to hear a few of my songs.

well dude, I played FF back in 1990 as well, I was a bit young and played with my parents, but I loved it, and I've been a fan since the beginning as well. But I mean, with this and FFV and FFVI going to the GBA, I can't complain, it gives me 3 more great FF games on the road, and wait, FF1+2 DoS, though changed a bit, still good games, and FFIII DS, wow, so now I have ff1-6 portable, I'm not complaining, I know I've playeed all the old ones and am an FF fan, that's what matters to me, these people can think they're like FF masters or something, but it doesn't make them one, just be happy that all these games are available on the go!

THE JACKEL

Blog Entries

*can hardly wait*

Anyone knows anything about a europe release date?

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by feioncastor
    "OMG FFX-2 IS TEH COOLEST FF OF THEM ALL WAY BETTER THAN THE STUPID OLD ONES FOR SUPER NINTENDO WITH BAD GRAPHICS".
    If you'd said FFVII here your argument would have held water. However, I have NEVER ONCE heard somebody on this board say anything positive about FFX-2 besides the occasional person saying "well the gameplay isn't bad".

Fact is, there's a perfectly valid reason for changing things around in a game. It's called giving people a new experience. Fans of the original FFI are going to complain about a re-release NO MATTER WHAT. You can't appease all the people all the time. If they implement a new MP system, they say "ZOMG IT HAS TEH MPZ KILL IT NOW!!!!!!111". If they just give it a graphical update, they'll say "OH NOES!!!11 TEH EYE CANDEYS!!!!11" And if you change ANYTHING AT ALL, someone somewhere will accuse Square of having sold out and lost their soul. If you don't change anything at all, conversely, people will complain that it's the exact same game in new packaging released only so SE can milk more money out of their loyal fan base. Basically, no matter what they do, people are going to hate them for it.

However, if they actually bother to change large segments of the game and add new features, the people they're really marketting to are the old school fans who loved the original and are interested in seeing it with new features. We've all played FFIV in its original state by now. Even before FFC was released, the fan translation was so mind numbingly widely distributed that people had pretty much entirely written off FFIIus (and you'll notice, it's no longer necessary to say FFIIj when talking about FFII). We can even still easily play the original without having to go out of our way to do it (read: ebay). All these new features add is a new twist on something we've all already done. This IS a good thing because, even if it makes the game easier, it's going to be interesting to say the least to see what these changes are.

Default 4 is good

I think it would be cool to play as Golbez... especially the part between the Giant and the inner core of the moon. Or play the side quests of Kain when he bails on the group over and over... or when Tellah takes off to search for Meteo... or when everyone is seperated when Leviathan attacks... damn! I see a lot of cool possibilites here...

+ am I the only one that thinks they should still release FF3 and FF:MQ
    as a 1 cd compilation on PS1?
    -BuzzSaw-

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzSaw
    + am I the only one that thinks they should still release FF3 and FF:MQ
    as a 1 cd compilation on PS1?
    YES, PS1 is dead, and considering their remaking FFIII for the DS, it's near impossible to put it on another system now due to the whole two screen thing and other features it'll probably have. Plus MQ wasn't all that great.

THE JACKEL

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzSaw
    Or play the side quests of Kain when he bails on the group over and over...
    This made me think. It would be fun to play an optional quest, kind of like the new quest in FFII, where you take Kain through Mt. Ordeals and wherever when he's proving himself(the little cutscene at the end of the game).
    Figaro Castle

I'm actually kind of bothered about this.

The same thing happened with FFI&II:DoS. I played FF1 in 1990, and everyone else played it in 2000 something, and they think they're the FF-masters now that they've played the watered down easy version of FF1.
    I see where you're coming from, but still disagree. I agree with you on the graphics thing -- many people think FFVII or FFX is the best FF, without playing the earlier, better games, with worse graphics. And I started playing FFs when I was young, too -- I won't try to BS myself, or anybody else, into thinking I started playing when I was five years old, but you can if you like.

But if the older, better, classic games can be released now that FF has a larger following, and will be experienced by more people, even without the good graphics, I'm all for it. It's not like I'm going to say "no, I played it first, you can't have it!"

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

More details on what the FFIV GBA port will include:
    http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q4-2005/101805a.html

The same thing happened with FFI&IIoS. I played FF1 in 1990, and everyone else played it in 2000 something, and they think they're the FF-masters now that they've played the watered down easy version of FF1.
    It's not like the original FFI on the NES what that hard either.
    Figaro Castle

With that new info, I am SO putting Edward into my final party, gonna max out his level and make him the best Spoony Bard EVAR!!11!one1!!1!!!1

THE JACKEL

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I always did hate losing Yang. Now I can have him back.
    Figaro Castle

Will Golbez be included?

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html