Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pulse Ammo

Default Pulse Ammo

I need help getting Pulse ammo, I keep reading that I need Power Generators, Energy Crystals and Laser Cannons, but I have no idea where to get them. If you can help.
    Someone told me to live life like every day is my last,
    but If I actually did that, it would be my last.

Member of the KH Trinity
    "The Red Carpet has teeth."

Where are you in the game?

Laser Cannons: From Elastoids during the first Laguna dream sequence, or from Belhelmels around Galbadia Garden after that.

Energy Crystals: The easiest way to get them early is by playing lots of card games, winning Elnoyle cards, and card modding them.

Power Generators: Once you have the mobile Garden, you can go find Blitzs in the woods near Edea's house. But it is a rare drop from level 30+ Blitzs, and is too rare to make for efficient Pulse Ammo gathering. Grab one for Quistis' Ray Bomb, then go try for the other items.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Ok thanks, I'm up to the Part where you have to go to Edea's House. I'll just probably just fly to Galbadia Garden and start killing things there. Mainly because I'm only lvl 24 and the rest are 20.

Member of the KH Trinity

And DO NOT use rare item against the blitzes or you won't get it.
    Auron Rulez

how so? it usually helps for me
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgamesh of Legends
    how so? it usually helps for me
    Well, I used it and fought like 50 battles against Blitzes then i took it off and after 3 fights i got it.
    Auron Rulez

Fight Elvorets. Go to the shopping mall in Esthar, go north, go north again, then go left. talk to the guy in black, and you'll fight an Elvoret. They give you 2-3 crystals each fight. You can fight him as much as you want, just go back an area, then go back to the area you fought him. Use Ifrits ammo-making ability, and you get 10 pulse ammos per crystal.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Elvoret is the boss on the Communcations Tower in Dollet you draw Siren from.

The encounterable monsters in Esthar are Elnoyles.

yeah, i sat around in the city where you have to board the lunatic pandora on its way through. I got enough pulse ammo to make the lion heart and to fully stock irvine

How can I get to Esthar City? I'm at Esthar on the second disc but I want to get to the city.

Member of the KH Trinity

Quote Originally Posted by Meo_Twister
    Fight Elvorets. Go to the shopping mall in Esthar, go north, go north again, then go left. talk to the guy in black, and you'll fight an Elvoret. They give you 2-3 crystals each fight. You can fight him as much as you want, just go back an area, then go back to the area you fought him. Use Ifrits ammo-making ability, and you get 10 pulse ammos per crystal.
    Do what Meo said, but junction 100 Deaths to Status Junction to all characters for a one hit K.O.! If you wanna get Tonberry's Chef's Knife(which turns into 30 Deaths) easily, play some card games!
    Painless...what do you mean you wanna' get to the city when you're already at the city?

I'm on the second disc, at Edea's house... if you save it, it says "Esthar" in the save spot.

Member of the KH Trinity

I think you need to be on Disk 3! I could be wrong though!

you steal them from Elnoyles
    I AM THE FALLEN ANGEL SARAPHIM BOW TO ME !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Saraphim
    you steal them from Elnoyles
    Grr... *Mercilessly kills Saraphim* Sorry, I've just seen too many inaccurate posts today, and it's wearing on my nerves.

You do not steal them from Elnoyles. If you mug an Elnoyle, you get Moon Stones (y'know, those things you need to make Jigglypuff and Clefairy evolve? Ok, so they have a different use in FFVIII, but still...). If you want Energy Crystals, you have to defeat Elnoyles without successfully mugging them. Level 30-40 Elnoyles drop Energy Crystals sometimes, and level 40-100 Elnoyles will always drop them (unless you Mugged them).
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.