Thread: Best Place to level up?

Default Best Place to level up?

i finished the game already, it was rather funny since i was mastering some jobs at the end and got to the place where exdeath was, i said, hmm why not? i saved and battled him, aside from the fact that it took me about 25 minutes to defeat him, everything was ok, since i wasnt prepared for the match it took so long, i had one character with slash and one with steal, no bahamut or gptoss, but i killed the monster without losing a single character, now i want to level up so i can defeat those pesky optional bosses and i want to check if you can defeat Gogo actually doing damage to him instead of waiting for him to concede.

thanx in advance.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

According to Aex, the best place is right before fighting ex-death. And you're not going to be able to get to level 99 in a sane manner.

Err the monsters near X-Death don't give you any EXP, only AP...

Anyway, I find the best place to level up is in the castle right before you enter the final 'void' section of the 'Cleft of Dimensions'. You can fight enemies here that give about 2000-2500 EXP for each battle.

Really though, there is no great place to level up in FFV. Seriously, I've played this game for over 100 hours, most of that pure levelling, and I'm still on level 80....

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

k, ap then xD I wasn't really paying attention except to the stellar amount of exp he announced it to take to get to max levels xD

Quote Originally Posted by ThroneofDravaris

Anyway, I find the best place to level up is in the castle right before you enter the final 'void' section of the 'Cleft of Dimensions'. You can fight enemies here that give about 2000-2500 EXP for each battle.

Really though, there is no great place to level up in FFV. Seriously, I've played this game for over 100 hours, most of that pure levelling, and I'm still on level 80....

thats not good at all, the enemies at that castle are pretty tough and tend to damage me lots, i guess ill have to wait till i get some more lvls..

I AM NOT A PRETTY BOY! Shin Gouken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChileanDude

thats not good at all, the enemies at that castle are pretty tough and tend to damage me lots, i guess ill have to wait till i get some more lvls..

they are easy so long as you are prepared adequetley. leviathan kicks the crap out of almost everything down there and odin is really effective against the iron giants. killing a set of two iron giants will get you 5000exp. nothing else in the game will give you that.

but you dont need to level up. i defeated the optional bosses on level 40-45. im actually confident i can do them on level 30 and am going to test that when i get my copy back

gogo cant be defeated any other way dude. i tried. after you attack him simply heal (because he wont do anything to you unless you attack him, so attack and heal in sequence. but after he takes so much damage, the music changes to boss theme music the screen turns blood red and he gets angry. he uses meteo consistantly until you are all dead
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes

Quote Originally Posted by shinangel2292

they are easy so long as you are prepared adequetley. leviathan kicks the crap out of almost everything down there and odin is really effective against the iron giants. killing a set of two iron giants will get you 5000exp. nothing else in the game will give you that.

but you dont need to level up. i defeated the optional bosses on level 40-45. im actually confident i can do them on level 30 and am going to test that when i get my copy back

gogo cant be defeated any other way dude. i tried. after you attack him simply heal (because he wont do anything to you unless you attack him, so attack and heal in sequence. but after he takes so much damage, the music changes to boss theme music the screen turns blood red and he gets angry. he uses meteo consistantly until you are all dead

well, my idea was to defeat those optional bosses without using the cheap tactics to get the job done.

and regarding the gogo battle, he uses meteo tons of times on the same turn giving you no chance to heal or something like that?

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've never tried fighting Gogo. That's pretty cool.

There's not much point in levelling up too high. Mastering more jobs is much more useful, and thus getting AP is better than getting EXP.

Summoner of Nessie Brian The Pink Shark's Avatar

on the first world if you go to the area around the ancient library there is some good exp there and the battles arent too hard, i managed to get to level 19 there

I AM NOT A PRETTY BOY! Shin Gouken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shinangel2292

well, my idea was to defeat those optional bosses without using the cheap tactics to get the job done.

and regarding the gogo battle, he uses meteo tons of times on the same turn giving you no chance to heal or something like that?

puh-lease!!! i dont use cheap ways to defeat shinryu or omega. i destroyed omega without bolt magic and destroyed shinryu without any dragoon lances. that aside ive also found multiple ways of killing them both
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes