• Marth

14 56.00%
  • Roy

11 44.00%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Marth vs. Roy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Craig
    I don't play as either so I'm going to choose Roy because he has a BIG EXPLOSION.
    Which is impossible to hit with as long as you don't play against a CPU or a complete idiot.

Marth's Sheild Breaker is actually much better than Roy's Flare Blade since its power increases faster, it's more powerful in the very begining of the charge and it's very good at... yeah... "breaking sheilds". Just hitting with a completely uncharged Sheil Breaker on a sheilding character will almost annilate the sheild immediately.

WOW, it's just like being on GameFaqs.
    Word/s.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Shadow
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig
    I don't play as either so I'm going to choose Roy because he has a BIG EXPLOSION.
    Which is impossible to hit with as long as you don't play against a CPU or a complete idiot.
    Or in a four player battle with someone looking the other way.

In SSBM, I'll take Ganondorf over Zelda all the way. (Though I won't leave her as Zelda for long, Sheik for me, kthx. I will also take Roy over Marth. His Strength makes up for his lack of speed, and I spent quite a while mastering Roy's Counter attack making it quite useful for me in battle.
    Last edited by Doomie; 09-18-2005 at 03:06 PM.

Δ As above, so below ∇ crashNUMBERS's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I was talking about Fire Emblem wise but I guess you can fit SSBM. And Roy has a stronger (Way stronger) charge B attack (Or whatever) but it's too damn slow. Anyone can predict another that they're about to use it. It's only good when someone's about to jump on you or something. Oh wait. Still too long. Roy is way better in Fire Emblem 6 even if it's a turn based game...

good evening, miss Tifa's Real Lover(really's Avatar

all i know is tht i can use either of them but marth has tht lil more power in his sword, even tho roy has fire in his but i perfer both, but marth is 10% better

I would probably go play video games or have sex (the usual) - Nominus Experse

my mom would be like "ve? yo te dije, el internet no es bueno."

"seriously, my mom tells me "que tu hase en eso el dia entero?" and im like "mami yo toy hablando con people" xD. spanglish, ftw." ~ liz

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Del Mordor

In SSBM, I'll take Ganondorf over Zelda all the way. (Though I won't leave her as Zelda for long, Sheik for me, kthx. I will also take Roy over Marth. His Strength makes up for his lack of speed, and I spent quite a while mastering Roy's Counter attack making it quite useful for me in battle.
    But even then it takes a lot of pure luck if you actually want to connect with the explosion. 90% of the times it's not completely charged when you release it. And I actually almost only use the charged Flare Blade/Sheild Breaker for edgeguarding anyways.

I almost only use Ganondorf for 4 player battles. He's a bit too slow for my taste when it comes to 1 VS 1 (he's still ok, though). But in 4 player battles he's da bomb! Also... doomie... did you know that you can start out as Sheik instead of Zelda? Simply press down the A button when the stage is loading and don't release it until the battle screen appears. You'll start out as Sheik immediately.

While Roy's strength may make up a bit for his lack of speed, it still doesn't make up for his lack of power in aerial attacks. Roy's counter IS indeed very powerful if you time it correctly and are countering a powerful move, but just keep in mind that you can't counter grabs and that you shouldn't use it too often. If the counter becomes predictable, you're screwed since your openent will just have to wait for you to do the counter instead of attacking and then charging a smash on you or something like that. Use the counter as a suprise attack and when your openent least expect it.
    Last edited by Ultima Shadow; 09-18-2005 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Del Mordor
    No, that's when you grab Jigglypuff, walk up and go to sleep.

True, Roy is a terrible midair combatant. So play with him on the ground, or use items to compensate for it.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Old-Ones Studios Cruise Control's Avatar

Marth is Pimp
    Leave some shards under the belly
    Lay some grease inside my hand
    It's a sentimental jury
    And the makings of a good plan

Being Who Transcended All Black Mage's Avatar

Marth wasn't only in FE1, he was in FE3, a remake of FE1 for the SNES.

In SSBM Marth is my character of choice. His speed, air-game, and with some mixed in wave dashing, he's a tough character to play against.

I think we should note that Roy is stronger with the middle of his sword, and Marth with the tip, which also makes it safer to do more damage with Marth, however I still prefer Roy

THE JACKEL

I like to use Marth, Link(bomb hop!), and sometime learn other characters. I am still quite a newb compared to my puerto rican friend who is a $#@%^ with Fox. He is way better than me(i play CvS2 more), but that doesnt mean i am not learning. Gotta start somewhere, his skill inspired me to try Smash more than a party game(even though i know it can be more i never bothered til now xD).

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

He owns you with Fox because Fox is cheap, but not as cheap as Falco. Falco is just plain broken. Just like Mars, which is why Mars wins.

Kirby and Jigglypuff are the uber-powerful characters. I can smack down anyone with Kirby.

BTW, should we get back on topic, or change this to a SSBM thread? :P

Also, how are the FE games related in terms of storylines? I knew of Roy and Marth from SSBM when I first played FE7, and Roy showed up there, so I thought that they may have been connected somehow, but then TSS involved a totally new continent. Are the plotlines of the various FE games related?
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Δ As above, so below ∇ crashNUMBERS's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Roy = FE6
    Elliwood (Roy's father) = FE7
    Marth = FE1 and 3 as BM said...