25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Marth

14 56.00%
  • Roy

11 44.00%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Marth vs. Roy

Marth

"I think you'd make any (nice) woman happy... & I think you really deserve for someone to make you happy too for a change"

Being Who Transcended All Black Mage's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DJZen
    He owns you with Fox because Fox is cheap, but not as cheap as Falco. Falco is just plain broken. Just like Mars, which is why Mars wins.
    Is Mars what the Fire Emblem community calls him? To my understanding, which only consists of playing a couple of hours into the Japanese FE1 and FE3, as well as Super Smash Brothers Melee, Marth is just as logical a name as Mars, based on the katakana.

If I recall, it is マルス (Marusu). I prefer Marth, personally.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade
    Kirby can defeat anyone. He's the most well rounded and versatile character in the game, without even taking his swallowing abilities into account. He has awesome throws, excellent midair attacks, surprisingly powerful jumps, and the game's best recovery ability. I could whoop your Ganondorf, Falco, Sheik, or Marth. Guaranteed. Kirby is the uber-powerful butt-kicker of the game.
    Almost nothing you said is true. To begin with, I would say Sheik is the most well rounded character in the game. Kirby's swallowing ability is easily punished and has som lag time. Mewtwo, Zelda, C.Falcon, Mario, Doc, Sheik, Ganon and many others have far better throws than Kirby. Either in power or combo ability. Kirby has "good" midair attacks but far from the best, thus far from being considered "excellent". As linox already stated, both Peach and Jiggly have far better recoveries than Kirby.

I would like to battle your Kirby with my Sheik, Marth and Ganondorf. I'm sure you wouldn't consider your Kirby all that powerfull after that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuraid
    xD!

Another thing to notice, is that a good C.Falcon actually is 1 of Marth's absolutely toughest matchups.

good evening, miss Tifa's Real Lover(really's Avatar

but i can still beat u

I would probably go play video games or have sex (the usual) - Nominus Experse

my mom would be like "ve? yo te dije, el internet no es bueno."

"seriously, my mom tells me "que tu hase en eso el dia entero?" and im like "mami yo toy hablando con people" xD. spanglish, ftw." ~ liz

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Real Lover(really
    but i can still beat u
    I really, really doubt that.

ps: skyblade... I don't say that Kirby's a bad character. But he's far from being the uber-powerful butt-kicker of the game. There's people who can kick serious ass with him, though.

Also... something to notice about the tiers is that a Fox will not necessarily kick a Bowser's butt just because he's top tier and Bowser is bottom. For actually being able to be placed into tiers, the characters in SSBM are increddibly even. And some characters are better at countering others, thus making some middle tiers stand a better chanse against a top tier than another top tier etc. It's possible to own with every character......... except Pichu. xD!
    Last edited by Ultima Shadow; 09-20-2005 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Shadow
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Real Lover(really
    but i can still beat u
    I really, really doubt that.

ps: skyblade... I don't say that Kirby's a bad character. But he's far from being the uber-powerful butt-kicker of the game. There's people who can kick serious ass with him, though.

Also... something to notice about the tiers is that a Fox will not necessarily kick a Bowser's butt just because he's top tier and Bowser is bottom. For actually being able to be placed into tiers, the characters in SSBM are increddibly even. And some characters are better at countering others, thus making some middle tiers stand a better chanse against a top tier than another top tier etc. It's possible to own with every character......... except Pichu. xD!
    I am one of the ones who is really good with Kirby. Maybe in terms of damage done and available moves, he's not the best character. But he is powerful as hell in the hands of someone who knows how to use him. He isn't tops in anything, but I think he's better than average for most of his attacks, and while he may not have the infinite returnability of Jigglypuff, Peach, and (apparently) Link, he can come back from the farthest edges of the screen safely. He has decent abilities all around, except ranged combat, and specials for every situation. I am a master of Kirby. Maybe he isn't the most powerful character in the game, but he's powerful when used properly.

Actually, I think the game's most dangerous character is Giant Jigglypuff. Among normal sized enemies Giant Jigglypuff is powerful as heck, especially since Rest's damage zone is increased.

Pichu is ok against the computer, but he sucks against a normal player. He's too frelling light, and he damages himself. Bad combination there.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Blog Entries

I am one of the ones who is really good with Kirby. Maybe in terms of damage done and available moves, he's not the best character. But he is powerful as hell in the hands of someone who knows how to use him. He isn't tops in anything, but I think he's better than average for most of his attacks, and while he may not have the infinite returnability of Jigglypuff, Peach, and (apparently) Link, he can come back from the farthest edges of the screen safely.
    Any character is powerfull as hell in the hands of someone who really knows how to use them.

Anyways... there's only 3 things that I think Kirby really lacks. His move speed both on ground and in the air, though his controll over aerial movement kinda makes up for the aerial speed. And no, by aerial speed I don't mean his falling speed. I mean that he travels upwards and diagonally very slowly. And the fact that he's a bit on the slow side when it comes to movement means that...

His combo ability is a bit limmited. He have many fast attacks, but many of them lacks the ability to be followed up by another move before the openent gets a chanse to counter or escape.

And 3th... he's not good at dodging attacks in any other manner than aerial movement. Hit sidestep, dodgeroll and wave dash are all pretty bad.

And 1 last thing... both Kirby and Link are much, much easier to edgeguard than Peach and Jiggly.

Now... let me finish this by saying a few good things about Kirby for a change.

He's easy to controll, has much more aerial possibilities than most other characters, save Jiggly and Peach. It's pretty easy to play defensively with him and as long as he's a pretty good bit above the edge, he's extremely hard to edge guard.
    I am a master of Kirby. Maybe he isn't the most powerful character in the game, but he's powerful when used properly.
    Well... what do YOU consider a master?
    Actually, I think the game's most dangerous character is Giant Jigglypuff. Among normal sized enemies Giant Jigglypuff is powerful as heck, especially since Rest's damage zone is increased.
    Giant Jigglypuff is not a character. It's just a Jigglypuff under the effect of a max mushroom. And to be completely honest, I actually think a Giant Marth is more dangerous because of the insane range of all his attacks. The giant effect shouldn't be considered when characters comparing characters strength's and weaknesses. I could just as well say that the most dangerous character is a giant Marth who's under the effect of cloaking device, bunny hood and invurnability star.

Actually... I never take items into consideration when comparing characters since I hardly ever play with Items. And when I do, I have healing items, max mushrooms, mini mushrooms, stars, metal boxes, red shells, cloaking device and hammers all turned off. And I either have the items on very low, low or in a few cases medium.
    Pichu is ok against the computer, but he sucks against a normal player. He's too frelling light, and he damages himself. Bad combination there.
    And computers doesn't ever count since thay are so incredibly stupid.

...And yes, I love this thread.

Formerly Biggus Dickus Salmon King's Avatar

Yeah I really don't understand the point of Pichu, other than being the character one uses in Training to plant 10 Bob-ombs on at 999%. He just leeches on Pikachu's popularity, and wastes a space that could've been for another Pokemon (I wanna use Snorlax ) or character.

I never play with items unless I'm playing against the CPU or for fun against someone else. When I play seriously, I have to take items off.

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I just want to say that I love reading this thread. It makes me want to go practice Smash Bros., except I know that I'll probably never be good enough to beat a few of you (US and lionx, anyway). I started with Fox, but wasn't used to his speed enhancement from the original, so switched to Young Link, who I used quite a bit. Now, I'm once again a Fox player, but I seem to have lost my skill and can't get it back. I used to tototally own all my friends, but now, in the rare events that I play, I barely win or come in 2nd or 3rd. It's still a super fun game. I liked playing as Roy, but didn't do it that much because I'm more of an aerial attacker, and his jump/recovery moves just suck. I'm surprised Marth is so much better.

Saying im bettur den u will get you absolutely nowhere. What we need to do is fly down to wherever the smurf you live and play against you. Other than that, you are wasting time. I also love Shads because the three characters he uses are the three characters I use, Sheik being the one I use the most.

FUN FACT: When I started the game, Kirby was the first level 9 computer character I beat.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Azar With A Hat
    I just want to say that I love reading this thread. It makes me want to go practice Smash Bros., except I know that I'll probably never be good enough to beat a few of you (US and lionx, anyway). I started with Fox, but wasn't used to his speed enhancement from the original, so switched to Young Link, who I used quite a bit. Now, I'm once again a Fox player, but I seem to have lost my skill and can't get it back. I used to tototally own all my friends, but now, in the rare events that I play, I barely win or come in 2nd or 3rd. It's still a super fun game. I liked playing as Roy, but didn't do it that much because I'm more of an aerial attacker, and his jump/recovery moves just suck. I'm surprised Marth is so much better.
    Glad to hear that I'm not the only one who's addicted to this thread.

As long as you keep practising, you'll be able to get better. A good way to train is to go to training mode and try out all the moves of your character. Then you can try to train your ability to do air combos by hitting the oponent into the air and then trying to keep it in the air until you eventually can do an aerial finisher etc. Then, once you feel that you're good enough at it, set the oponent to "evade" and then try to both do the same aerial combo, and just simply hit the oponent until you can finish it without having it escape from you even once.

The best way to train, though is to simply play against other human players. If you want, I can send you a few tips and tricks trough PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Del Mordor
    Saying im bettur den u will get you absolutely nowhere. What we need to do is fly down to wherever the smurf you live and play against you. Other than that, you are wasting time. I also love Shads because the three characters he uses are the three characters I use, Sheik being the one I use the most.

FUN FACT: When I started the game, Kirby was the first level 9 computer character I beat.
    Yeah, that's right. I actually wish I could meet some of you and play some SSBM against you. That would be so awesome.

I love you too, doomie! xD