Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your notable/worst defeats?

Default Your notable/worst defeats?

We all know we've had them. Those grueling, tough battles ending with a dissapointing loss. You could of been winning big-time, then the next thing you know, you've lost it all. Or perhaps it was a losing battle since the start and you were struggling throughout the whole fight. Anyway, we've all had one of those battles at some point in our VII career, so what's yours? If you have multiple stories, go on ahead and share them as well.

One for me was the classic Emerald WEAPON fight. I was doing so-so, as I was having my share of times when I was in control while times where he was in control. I was managing pretty well for the most part overall, and was casting KOTR every turn with Cloud. Nanaki was acting as medic, but unfortunately, Vincent failed to destroy Emerald's last side cannon, which inconviently targeted Nanaki. After this, the battle was over in about two seconds, as Emerald took Vincent and Cloud out before I could even manage to recover.

emerald and ruby, awhile ago when i was playing ff7 on the computer. and almost always Demongate gave me trouble, but not this time around. i simply crushed his flat ass with meteorain and tifa's limit break.

Thank you Hysterian!

for me it was rubyi was doing pretty good then he swiped cloud and it was all over.

"when u tell people your dreams and visions they'll laugh and think your stupid,but if u hold on to them in the end you will be laughing and theyll be stupid"

thanks to FF7+FF10 gurl 100 for this great sig...

the beaches near Nibelheim...

there's these jellyfish monstars, and in one strike, they can cast either stop or petrify, either way it's a "stop" effect

of course, after hours of playing, I decide to level up before I go to Nibelheim

my part is Aeris, Tifa, and Cloud

run into that Jellyfish, i have no "softs" or "esuna" so he takes me out.....i was so mad....and embarassed

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

my most shameful defeats were against demon gate,shcizo and carry armour. demon gate is suprisingly easy if you have the rught strategy and schizo i was just waiting for luck. carry armour kept on beating me but once i gotthe right strat(kill one of his arms then the body.) i beat him.on my first playthrough it was hard because i killed both arms and he kept on using lapis laser. cloud and barret were K.Oed and tifa was on low health so i kept on using cure then used a limit break to finish him.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

i'm like BFTD. demon gate schizo n carry armor. in my first play thru i spent bout a week on demon gate and 2 on schizo. carry armor is just a bitch!!!

Why do you imprison your saviour?

Heh, I could never beat Safer Sephy when I was younger. Faced him two days ago, and he was a breeze...

Had this one fight with the last few bosses when I was severly under-levelled and had no good materia. Anyway, I scraped past Jenova, and then was lucky enough to beat Bizarro because Cait Sith (why did I use him again?) got lucky and was made massive by his limit break, causing 9999 HP damage with his physical attack, and then got totally pwned by Sephy.

Now, he's easy

My most embarrasing defeat was indefinetely when i was fighting Proud clod.....i went in there with half my HP......i was really cocky back then.

Owen made this sig. R.I.P.

I haven't. Because I roll twenties.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

It's a testament to the problems I've had with Demonwall that I know exactly how many HPs he has. It's 10000.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The first time I tried to fight Ruby Weapon. Everything was going all right, but then.. é_é I had to retreat and level up my materia some more.

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Seto Fett
    We all know we've had them. Those grueling, tough battles ending with a dissapointing loss.

definately Demon's gate (if thats the thing in Temple of the Ancients). first time got wiped out competly. didn't expect him to be so damn hard!
    Yep, yep, * White Aeris * is back : D
    &hearts; &hearts; Beautiful Signature by Polaris &hearts; &hearts;
    &hearts; &hearts; Thank you muchly for not one, but two signatures ~<3

I always had a lot of trouble with the Materia Keeper (?) at the end of the Nibelheim when I was younger. Low levels + Trine = dead.
    don't wake me, I plan on sleeping in

'Twas a beautious day and I felt like taking a stroll with only one qaurter of my health. I decided to attack the ProudClod, I lasted a minute and a half.

Can sins ever be forgiven?