Thread: Help Me Plz on Jumbo Cactuar

Help Me Plz on Jumbo Cactuar

I have always tryed so hard to get that lil bugger but he always runs away close to the end of the battle >< Can anybody help give me info on how to beat him plz without him running away. I'd really thank you for it :grinpink:

~Gamer 4 Life!!!! ^-^~

Draw and Cast Meltdown, use an Aura on Squall and abuse Renzokuken. Jumbo Cactuar is weak against Water so you can use Leviathan if you want, and junction Water to Elem-Atk. Use Haste on your party so you've more chance of killing him before he runs. I believe when he's hesitating you should stop attacking, else he will run, but I've never encountered that situation myself.

Quote Originally Posted by ForestOwl
    Draw and Cast Meltdown, use an Aura on Squall and abuse Renzokuken. Jumbo Cactuar is weak against Water so you can use Leviathan if you want, and junction Water to Elem-Atk. Use Haste on your party so you've more chance of killing him before he runs. I believe when he's hesitating you should stop attacking, else he will run, but I've never encountered that situation myself.
    Oh thank you soo much will have to do this later on XD does it matter what levels you are??

~Gamer 4 Life!!!! ^-^~

No, enemies level up as you do anyway.

I should have mentioned above to have Recover and Revive on different characters, but not Squall in case you get hit by 10,000 Needles.

Squall can have Magic, Item and Draw as he will be using Renzokuken a lot.
    Character 2 should have Magic, Recover and Item/GF.
    Character 3 should have Magic, Revive and Item/GF.

Make sure you have plenty of Full-Life, Aura and Haste magics as these will be the ones you will use the most.

Default ^_____^

But what if Limit Break doesn't work?
    I recommend you carry DarkSide for two chacracters,too.
    When Jumbo hesitates,just make two hits on him.

Limit Breaks will work, and if Aura fades just recast it.

Darkside against Jumbo Cactuar is a waste of HP. Squall should be the only one attacking, the other two can maintain Haste/Aura, Recover and Revive when necessary.

The time I got this guy was when I was at level 100! Try using Leviathan a lot, but remeber to attack only after Meltdown! When somebody dies, I usually just use Phoenix Down so that I can use Renzokuken over and over, and over, and over again! Also use Zell's Duel to the max'! Mine did like 30k with one Duel! Just hack away like hell at Jumbo and watch it when you use Renzokuken 'cause the skill gets messed up when you attack him! Try using all the best weapons! I only did this for my Squall 'cause this makes him Renzokuken(when I did it) about 14 times!

P.S.:Incase you don't know how to get Pulse Ammo for Lionheart(Squall's best weapon), junction 100 Deaths to Squall's Status Attack, go to Esthar and to the bridge there where there is this black guy laughing! He'll turn into Elnoyle and his luck is terribly low! He drops 1 Energy Crystal at a time and 1 of the becomes 10 Pulse Ammos! I made this easier by junctioning Death for all my three characters and got about a hundred Energy Crystals!

i think he runs away if you have low Spirt or something. i don't attack when he hesitates, i just use Levitation. ok, i definatly spelt thet wrong....
    Yep, yep, * White Aeris * is back : D
    &hearts; &hearts; Beautiful Signature by Polaris &hearts; &hearts;
    &hearts; &hearts; Thank you muchly for not one, but two signatures ~<3

Quote Originally Posted by * White Aeris *
    i think he runs away if you have low Spirt or something. i don't attack when he hesitates, i just use Levitation. ok, i definatly spelt thet wrong....
    lmao levitation XD 's all good though, we're all human. i hope.

now, some say you should cast haste, but this really isn't necessary. try to get spd-j for all three characters and 100 hastes to speed, it's freaking awesome. soooo fast lol.

also, many full lifes will definitely help. i absolutely hate that 10,000 needles attack, ugh... but if you have full lifes, then u don't need revive or recover. i suggest junctioning 100 waters to each persons elem. attack, and have them use their limit breaks. if you use selphie i guess you can take the wussy way out and keep trying to look for The End in her limit, but it could take awhile. i don't exactly recommend it, but if you become hopeless, might as well try. lol.

Thank you Hysterian!

Limit Breaks ignore Elem-Atk, so 100 Waters would be useless.
    Slow, Stop, Ultima and Triple are better than Haste for Spd-J.

i didnt know he could run away. I got him with diablos, 255 strength, lion heart and aqua breath. You must really suck if he runs away.

G SpOtZ:try to get spd-j for all three characters and 100 hastes to speed, it's freaking awesome. soooo fast lol.

Triples are the best for speed junctioning! Then, the characters go REEEEEAAAAAL fast!

WWWHAT I didnt jumbo cactuar would escape in a fight...I defeated him/it when I got the ragnarok battleship in disc3 I think my characters are in lvl70's (more or less)

I didnt use leviathan only eden and doomtrain, I use irvine,squall and zell
    irvine with ap ammo,fast ammo and pulse ammo, zell's limit break about 40k damage, (my final heaven) sucks because it only hit enemies once I used (different beat) on jumbo cactuar, squall if lucky (lion heart)
    junction haste, keep casting aura on your party and slow on jumbo cactuar...(Im sorry but I forgot my other junctions and magic that I used on jumbo cactuar)