Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your ideal VII remake?

Default Your ideal VII remake?

Assuming they do create a remake, what would you like to see in it? I'm asking this because a lot of the other threads that are discussing the possibility of a remake sometimes mention a particular thing they'd like to see or an edit that should be made. You may be a purist, who absolutely depises if they add anything or even change dialogue. *cough*Are sick*cough* Or, if you're like me, you'd like to see additional stuff and extras in the remake. I'd hope they keep the original script, except correct any grammar mistakes.

It would be neat in my opinion if they added some additional quests and extras, and maybe some unlockables to go with it. I'm one of those guys that likes to see unlockable interviews, deleted levels/areas, rejected storyline boards, and that sort of stuff.

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

id want better graphics and exactly the same converstions though down to every single line apart from the grammar errors like "bizzaro enegy". id want better looking movement and stuff to make it more realistic and the good graphic fmvs to have graphics like on advent children. id also want a few extra materias and a few of the rumours made real(not ridiculous ones like revive aeris and cheese weapon.). so id want it exactly the same but better and more realistic graphic wise with a few extraz.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

A few optional extra quests that reveal more of the ongoing story or about the past (kind of like Lucrecia's flashback in the cave: you don't have to see it to finish the game, but it helps you a great deal to understand Vincent's story). Nothing that modifies or contradicts the main storyline, obviously.
    A lot of good FMV's.
    Rearranged music for real instruments (like they did in AC).
    Dialogues with a translation as faithful as ever.
    Marvellous graphics (of course).
    Bonuses and extras galore.
    Whatever.

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Vincent and Yuffie in the end credits.
    Formerly: Autumn Rain

I'd like the rejected storys, alt endings etc like sephy. i crave that stuff

I'd like the entire game to be like the graphics on the tech demo. i mean lets face it ther arent any fmv's anyway.

extra sidequests, more materia (some support summons like on ffviii with cerberus, carbuncle . . .etc).

MORE LIMITS!!! YEAH!!!

Why do you imprison your saviour?

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryûkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Improved graphics and music, and maybe a decent translation this time.

A good translation, lots of side quests/ dungeons. And some good graphics. All the original scores from the first game ( so good ).
    And errrrr, maybe a new character or sumin. Or maybe a character from another FF making an appearance. I dunno really.....

I've already been working on a remake of the game ever since I played the original. I'm a nit-picking little bastard, bite me!
    There are problems during play of any game or movie that I can't help but pick up on. Sometimes, when on an anime site, I read posts about how horrible the voice-acting is on some anime in the US. While I can agree a lot of the time, most of them just sound like idiots. They're like sheep, following the crowd yet making arguments that sound ridiculous.
    I, on the other hand, really do know what I'm doing. I've been writing since I was 11 living up in sunny and fresh Clear Lake.

As for the remake, if Square makes one before I can submit my suggestions to them, this is what I'd hope was in there.

1. Voice-acting. Vocalization of the in-game dialogue should eliminate all of those DAMNED typos and mistranslations that appeared in the original.
    2. There are times when having a literal translation in the subtitles is helpful if not necessary. No typos.
    3. Game graphics. Okay, I don't have software for this, so I can't begin to imagine how tough it is to make a decent character (or anything else). I don't have outrageous expectations of the graphics. I really liked the style seen in VIII (though many might disagree).
    4. Battles. I'd like the battleground to be a little less bland and repetitive. Each area of the world is different. What do Cloud and the others run all the way back to specific point to fight and then run back? (that's a joke . . . I know, it's not funny)
    5. Party. I'd like your two chosen side-liners to follow you around like Donald and Goofy. That is, they're with you, but they don't follow you're precise path. It's always been confusing to see only Cloud as a representation of his group when there's only supposed to be three to show in the first place. I'd also like it if Cloud were not the adamant character. I think many of us have had enough of him.
    6. Okay, this is just me. Games like Star Ocean, Shadow Hearts, and Xenosaga all get me riled. In a good way. I'm a reader, I like reading. The detailed information and descriptions given of people, places, events, items and whatever else needs it is alway fun for me. So I'd like there to be more in-game descriptions like for the Items and Limit Breaks. Not just "Damage one opponent." Oh! Don't forget the monsters.

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DJZen

Well, you can only put in 4 letters, so thats Clod, Vinc, and Tifa.

all i want is them to make the game with better graphics and voice acting and for them to keep the stroy and gameplay exactly like it is

I wish Yuffie and Vincent werent secret characters. It would be neat if they were a bigger part of the story (not so much Yuffie but MORE VINCENT ). And of course better graphics, voice actors, ect.

A Thank You to Ultima88 for making my lovely signature :fplove:

I don't care about voice acting all that much. One of my biggest annoyances with the game is sometimes you have to be in a VERY PRECISE spot to use something-a ladder, whatever. Maybe this is just a problem with the PC port, but it is terribly annoying.

What everyone else has said, basically. I'd love to see a remixed soundtrack, maybe re-recorded to sound better and more orchestrated tracks, like "Aeris' Theme" and especially the orchestrated main theme from "Reunion." I haven't seen it, but maybe the content from "Last Order" could be added. Maybe the whole Shinra Mansion scenario expanded as a whole.

There's also this one bit, where you're meant to go to Gold Saucer to regroup before Temple of the Ancients. I can't recall ANY hint that you're supposed to go there. There's just a few points in the game where it's not exploration, it's "What on Earth is going on?"
    don't wake me, I plan on sleeping in

I AM NOT A PRETTY BOY! Shin Gouken's Avatar

they should totally play the black mages version of the boss theme tune :P

and they should do something with the summons!! the summons are so poor in this game! kotr is cheap but that aside, once you get bahamut zero, there is no other need for any other summon in the game. even if something has an elemental weakness to leviathan, why use him when bahamut zero will always do 9999hp damage anyway. i dont think much effort was put into there summons
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes