Thread: FFII HELP!

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Never give gold armor to mages.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

He thinks that it's because it lowers their magic. I suppose he would know better than I, but I've never noticed.

Mages should be in the back row anyways, though, and shouldn't need armor.

It lowers intelligence and spirit.

yah, I suppose he doesnt need it anyway, I'll take it off and give him his copper thing back
    My Web Site

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

For the record you need not confine your mages to rubbishy cloth armour for the whole game. The Spiral, Goldpin and Ribbon helms all have no/very little int/spr restrictions. For armour, Copper, Silver, Ruby, Quartz, White Robe, Black Robe, Power and Black are very low. For gauntlets, Defense and Power are also very low. For weapons, avoid Shields like the plague. Best is Unarmed/Masamune, followed by Knives/Canes. Javelins are perhaps the best if you want a Red Mage type character, but bare in mind they still have a reasonably high Int/Soul penalty.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

what about fire bows?
    My Web Site

Bows also lower int & spirit. The weapons that won't lower these stats much are knives, non metal staves, and bare fists.

NOOOOOOO!!! It's gone!!! My hard drive was formated and l forgot to back up the .svg files!!!! NOOOOO *cries*
    My Web Site

Dammit, I've just started playing FF2 (NES) and it's terribly frustrating...especially with the random gold drop thing from enemies...you never know if you're gonna get 50 or 150 gold. So bows lower spirit? Crap, I made Maria my 'white mage' of the party, but she's all trained in bows now. Crap crap crap. So you seriously gotta beat up your own characters to raise their HP? in my game Gus is ALWAYS hit, then Firion. maria is never hit and therefore still has 25HP and I'm on my way to Salmando! I heard you don't have to cast a spell to raise magic power you gotta select it, cancel and select it again. Is this true?

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cecinda
    Dammit, I've just started playing FF2 (NES) and it's terribly frustrating...especially with the random gold drop thing from enemies...you never know if you're gonna get 50 or 150 gold. So bows lower spirit? Crap, I made Maria my 'white mage' of the party, but she's all trained in bows now. Crap crap crap. So you seriously gotta beat up your own characters to raise their HP? in my game Gus is ALWAYS hit, then Firion. maria is never hit and therefore still has 25HP and I'm on my way to Salmando! I heard you don't have to cast a spell to raise magic power you gotta select it, cancel and select it again. Is this true?
    HP scales between values of 1/32 to 1/2 depending on how much HP you lost. You can smack your own characters about, or you can use Swap, or whatever, it's up to you. If Maria never gets hit, place her on the front row. All of the monsters in the early part of the game use physical attacks to damage you and being in the back row makes you immune to physical attacks. And yes, the infamous select + cancel trick does indeed work for the NES, WSC and PSX versions. It doesn't work for the GBA version however.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Brilliant, okay, so I put Maria in the front row. She is getting bashed. But, does select + cancel work for roms?

I'm trying to keep Firioniel's HP higher than Maria's... but she just keeps getting hit while Firioniel never gets hit (he in front row). Isn't it a bit unusual that Maria starts with Int. Lowering Bows but is the only starting character to have better intellegence?

Of course. Well, In my state, he was fairy good in my terms, but seeing as you must have spent weeks training seeing as you can kill captains (which is pretty good actually with the equipment you have) You will have the chance to unequip Minwu. After Dreadnaught leaves, and you enter Altair, immediately unequip Minwu, as he will leave your party. Forever. Don't worry though, you'll get a kewl monk after that (who will seem weak to you, but don't bother leveling him up -_-')
    Front-wards, back-wards, anyway you see! Such a strange spell to swish-swish-aree! Tceles Nottub B. Swish-swish-aroo!

I've only beaten FFI, but I'm close to beating FFIII for FAMICOM!

YAY FOR CHOCOBOS!

DON'T FORGET MOOGLES! :mog:

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

SDM, please check the post dates before you make a post in a thread because this discussion is too old to bring back up.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles