Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The relationship between Cloud and Tifa

tifa says: "since we're not real family"

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Autumn Rain
    Personally, I always found that Tifa was better for Cloud, just like Quistis was more suited for Squall. But I like how they state nothing. Them not making any obvious statements allows the viewer to keep whatever notions they had for the characters.
    I agree with this completely. The ambiguity of it all is part of the game, and if they made a real statement saying "This is how it is", I think that would ruin it.
    --Box Box Box Box

Quote Originally Posted by Autumn Rain
    Actually, as far as why SE didn't expound on any love thems.. I've already seen a great many fans get all bent over the fact that Cloud's love for Aerith isn't specified and that Zack is with her. At the same time, other fans are desperately searching for hints of love for Tifa. If they would have specified that he loved either, the result would have been a bigger backlash than with FFX-2. It may sound stupid, but that's just how stupid alot of FF7 fans can be. FF7 is the fanbase's golden child. To screw with anyone's preconcieved notions of these characters would have been suicide for the movie.

Personally, I always found that Tifa was better for Cloud, just like Quistis was more suited for Squall. But I like how they state nothing. Them not making any obvious statements allows the viewer to keep whatever notions they had for the characters.
    You know whats great about you, Autumn? You say everything I feel so that I don't have to. He's right, if Cloud had ended up with one of them, it just would have caused a lot of fanboys/girls to freak out and get angry with Square. Its stupid, but its true. I too feel Tifa is better for Cloud because A) Aeris never appealed to me, B)She just seems better for Cloud, and C) (And probably most importantly) Aeris is dead. But if Cloud ended up with Aeris, I wouldn't be that angry, and if he ended up with Tifa, I'd be slightly happy. But so many others just HATE the idea of Cloud being with the one they don't want him to be with. Like I said, stupid.

Squall+Quistis forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiksilver326
    Well they had a kid, it's that guy with the brown afro.
    Pretty old lookin' for a 2 year old.

PillowFighter/VampySlayer =Angelus='s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TurkSlayer

You know whats great about you, Autumn? You say everything I feel so that I don't have to. He's right, if Cloud had ended up with one of them, it just would have caused a lot of fanboys/girls to freak out and get angry with Square. Its stupid, but its true. I too feel Tifa is better for Cloud because A) Aeris never appealed to me, B)She just seems better for Cloud, and C) (And probably most importantly) Aeris is dead. But if Cloud ended up with Aeris, I wouldn't be that angry, and if he ended up with Tifa, I'd be slightly happy. But so many others just HATE the idea of Cloud being with the one they don't want him to be with. Like I said, stupid.

Squall+Quistis forever.
    What if Cloud died? *ponders*........

LittleMissAwesome will always be my favourite Twin!!
    ~We lose the certain things, as we seek the uncertain ones..~

Quote Originally Posted by =Angelus=

Squall+Quistis forever.
    What, you want them to be together in death? I think he'd get tired of her after the first couple of hours. I don't know how he last through eternity.

PillowFighter/VampySlayer =Angelus='s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by =Angelus=

Squall+Quistis forever.
    What, you want them to be together in death? I think he'd get tired of her after the first couple of hours. I don't know how he last through eternity.
    well.. if it does come to that, he'd simply buster sword (or whatever sword he's using now) everything in his sight to ribbons! i see the headlines for The Hades Herald... Sephiroth and Cloud Tag-team match Vs Aeris and Zack!!

LittleMissAwesome will always be my favourite Twin!!
    ~We lose the certain things, as we seek the uncertain ones..~

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Aeris
    In the movie and the game Cloud has a lot of "flashback" moments, and most of them are about Aeris, not Tifa. I stick with that he has a special bond with both of them, but he's not in love with either.
    Yes, these're my thoughts also, with a little more interpretation, that I see Advent Children's future as Cloud and Tifa'll get together sooner or later. I saw some little sparks and clues between them that can be specified romantical (just my interpretation of course), but if there's romance between them, it's definitely the very beginning of a future CloudxTifa relationship.

they are highschool sweethearts.
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Everyday I wish that I could be the one, for you...

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedXIII
    Its obvious. It shows u in the begging. When she awnsers the phone, she says "Hello, this is the strife delivery service." Also, u see a photo of her, cloud, denzel and marlene. Bit obvious now aint it
    yeah but strife sounds better than lockheart so i doubt there married but i=if there not it will happen sooner or later.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

FFXIV Character

Striking Teek (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

That's funny. I thought they have been living together for some time (before Cloud contracted Geostigma and left his "family" behind).

At least you all aren't pairing Cloud and Aerith together again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hachifusa
    At least you all aren't pairing Cloud and Aerith together again.
    There're people who does, mainly at adventchildren.net forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiksilver326
    Well they had a kid, it's that guy with the brown afro.
    While it's already been stated that Denzel is neither Cloud nor Tifa's child, I thought I'd point out that his original parents are known. According to Kazushige Nojima's On the Way to a Smile, a novella which helps bridge FFVII and AC, Denzel's parents were named Abel and Chloe. Abel was a Shinra employee, promoted to head of section shortly before Shinra collapsed the Sector 7 plate. The family lived on the Sector 7 plate, and, given his position, Abel was forewarned. Denzel was sent to Sector 5, but Abel went looking for Chloe (who had run off). Both Abel and Chloe presumably died when the plate collapsed.

There Cloud is also looking at Tifa at that point and smiling. The ending music is even titled "Cloud Smiles" in the soundtrack
    Look at the way Cloud smiles in that scene. That little half smile. The one as emerald has already pointed out that he also gives the children.

Then look at the smile he gives after he has seen Aerith

See the contrasts in Cloud's expressions during encounters with Aerith, (SPOILER) the Bahamut scene, from straining eyes against the blindling light of Mega Flare to turning to a calmer clearer expression as Aerith is reflected in his eyes, the healing rain scene after Kadaj has been taken into the lifestream as Cloud stands with his face lifted to the sky smiling, smiling during Aerith's rain, and as I've already said the smile he gives after he's seen Aerith in church, after she's smiled at him
    Aerith fan
    Tifa fan
    Me and boyfriend - A love that crosses oceans
    Cloud and Aerith - Love across dimensions
    Cloud and Tifa - Love across time
    Tifa and Aerith were friends
    http://www.livejournal.com/users/atendertouch/
    Fool's Gold

Yes, these're good points, but in my theory, these're not scenes where Cloud confesses his love to Aerith.

Massive (SPOILER):If You read "On the Way to a Smile - Case of Tifa", then in the first part Cloud starts to open up to Tifa, I think he starts to feel something new towards her. Those are just the first steps to "fell in love", but he makes them.
    But after that, he's reminded about Aerith's death, he fell in depression, and starts to feel guilty. I think his guilt is not just about the death of Aerith, but about the thing that he started to feel something romantically towards Tifa, and thus he started to abandon his love for Aerith. He seeks her forgiveness from here on, not eternal love with her. Remember the scene where he tells Aerith what he wants: "I want forgiveness...Yes, forgiveness". He clearly states, that he wants her to forgive him, and thus he can move on with his life (and maybe with his new blooming fellings for Tifa). It's clear that Cloud not say anything like "I want to be with You", or something that states his feelings for Aerith.
    So all in all, I think Cloud wants to get over Aerith, but he can't do this without her forgiveness. He will always have a part in his heart for Aerith, but not all of his heart as a "one and only" love.

Well, it's just my theory.