Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 26789101112

Thread: The relationship between Cloud and Tifa

Dude, you're giving me the point in this disscussion, and you haven't even noticed it.

Quote Originally Posted by TurkSlayer
    You don't seem to understand that that isn't truely possible. We can dig all we want and think we have the right answer, but there is absolutely NO WAY to know for sure unless Nomura were to tell us.
    The fact that we don't know that were wrong, means that we're correct. Even if we think we are. Yes, it will take Nomura to tell us, in order to know who's correct, but he's said he won't, but the fact that he won't doesn't mean that one is correct, and the other is wrong. That only means that the ones that are correct, can't prove it, is just that simple. Ignorance doesn't mean to be correct.

Quote Originally Posted by TurkSlayer
    Both sides have enough evidence to suggest that either could be correct. Its simply not possible to be entirely sure.
    I'm not saying that both sides doesn't have evidence, but that one side has interpreted them better. Yes, it might be impossible to prove who's correct, but that doesn't mean that then, both are correct, just that the ones who are correct won't know, neither the ones who are wrong, therefore they can be happy too.

Again, I think I have to quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomura
    AC is piece of work made by Japanese people. In Hollywood movies, I think there is a tendency where the meaning of all the scenes have to be expressed clearly but, this isn't something like that. With our work, the viewer is free to decide how they interpret or enjoy it. The staff has their own answers to all the scenes in the movie such as the *angel statue that makes an appearance many times. But, even if someone who have watched it interprets it differently then that is just another answer. I guess "comparing answers" with friends is one of the ways you can enjoy the movie. I think AC is a movie that makes those who have watched it, want to talk about it with others.
    Bolded out DA sentence.

Oh my...

But, even if someone who have watched it interprets it differently then that is just another answer.
    An answer only for THAT PERSON, NOT A GENERAL ANSWER.

Example:
    I don't know the gender of any of the members in here, therefore I can only interpret it, like: Pivi is a guy. That's an answer for me, since I don't have anyone to tell me his/her gender, but it can happen that I'm wrong and Pivi's a girl. Even so, it is still an interpretation, therefore an answer for me, wether I'm correct or not, since I don't have anyone to tell me the answer.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    I would agree that everyone's interpretation is a correct answer, if there were no answer at all, if it wouldn't exist, but:

The staff has their own answers to all the scenes in the movie...
    I think that says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Obscuri
    I think that says it all.
    That just states that each of the staff members have their own opinion. Which just proves the original point. That "leaving up to interpretation" means that EVERYONE will have their own interpretation and it will be correct to them alone. Even Nomura.
    Formerly: Autumn Rain

On the contrary, I take that line to mean that SE has their own interpretation, as a whole, because I do not believe that a team can work efficiently if they are each working with an individual mindset, thus aiming for different results. And I do know Japanese people value teamwork alot. Therefore, it is safe to assume that SE staff, on the whole, has an interpretation of their own as they were making the movie.
    Which boils down once again to the so-called "official interpretation".
    :mog:

Quote Originally Posted by Autumn Rain
    That "leaving up to interpretation" means that EVERYONE will have their own interpretation and it will be correct to them alone.
    I'm not denying that, but there we are talking about personal/individual terms, not general terms. Yes, each person's interpretation is an answer for that person, but not a general, yet official answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomoe
    On the contrary, I take that line to mean that SE has their own interpretation, as a whole, because I do not believe that a team can work efficiently if they are each working with an individual mindset, thus aiming for different results. And I do know Japanese people value teamwork alot. Therefore, it is safe to assume that SE staff, on the whole, has an interpretation of their own as they were making the movie.
    Which boils down once again to the so-called "official interpretation".
    :mog:
    How does this "boils" the official interpretation? Anyways, remember that the whole team didn't created FFVII or AC per se. FFVII's and AC's writers, are the grandaddies of both stories. Now, will you tell me that the answers held by the stories' writers/creators are just another interpretations?

wow, all I have to say is people, is it really worth the effort to argue over something so bland such as the relationship between two people in a fantasy story for more than a second, especially when you'll never know the "truth" for sure?

THE JACKEL
    Last edited by ljkkjlcm9; 11-20-2005 at 05:13 AM.

Cloud have two loves,Tifa Lockheart and Aeris Gainburough,
    OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOooOoOoOoOoO
    i DON'T knoW