Page 1 of 12 123456711 ... LastLast

Thread: The relationship between Cloud and Tifa

Default The relationship between Cloud and Tifa

Well, maybe I'm just too romantic, but I'm watching the movie, and try to find some clues about the relationship of Tifa and Cloud.

Post Your theories here, if You want, and what do You think.

Well they had a kid, it's that guy with the brown afro.
    http://s14.invisionfree.com/Final_Fa...gend/index.php =FFL Forums< Put in your sig to help us rule the world of FF

mutual friends, BUT it's going to happen

it just will

'nuff said for me

square can't make an official "relationship" because fans, for it or against it, will whine about it endlessly

Yeah, but it's funny since it's just a movie/game.
    http://s14.invisionfree.com/Final_Fa...gend/index.php =FFL Forums< Put in your sig to help us rule the world of FF

Quote Originally Posted by Quiksilver326
    Well they had a kid, it's that guy with the brown afro.
    He's not Cloud and Tifa's "biological" kid...

They left it up to personal speculation, same with Aerith and Zack.
    Formerly: Autumn Rain

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

*SPOILERS!*

Since Aeris left together with Zack, I like to think they got together in the Lifestream. As for Cloud and Tifa, have you guys seen the Last Samurai? There the look between Nathan (Cruise) and the woman in the end told us so much, we didn't need confessions of love or kissing to know what they were thinking, and the ending scene felt so much deeper and more emotional without any kissing. The same for Cloud and Tifa, IMHO. Just see the loving look in Tifa's eyes when she's looking at Cloud. There Cloud is also looking at Tifa at that point and smiling. The ending music is even titled "Cloud Smiles" in the soundtrack. Also, when Cloud is told "Welcome home", he's looking at his friends, and I think the screen (showing what Cloud sees) is centering at Tifa. When Cloud says "I'm back", and just look at his eyes there. BTW Didn't you hear similar words in (FFX-2 spoiler)FFX-2's happy ending between Tidus and Yuna? I don't think Square Enix ever makes a decisive announcement about who ends up together with whom since there's so many fans for Cloud/Aeris and Cloud/Tifa alike.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

This is little off topic but how did you get a custom title?

^^^you've got to be a member for 8 months i believe, then you get it

Its obvious. It shows u in the begging. When she awnsers the phone, she says "Hello, this is the strife delivery service." Also, u see a photo of her, cloud, denzel and marlene. Bit obvious now aint it

I have the exact same thoughts as Sephiroth1999AD, as he explains. EXACTLY what I found out so far.

Quote Originally Posted by RedXIII
    Its obvious. It shows u in the begging. When she awnsers the phone, she says "Hello, this is the strife delivery service." Also, u see a photo of her, cloud, denzel and marlene. Bit obvious now aint it
    Actually, it just means that they still work together and are close. There is also a pic of the entire group right next to it, at the end of the movie. It's a big hint at the possibility, but it's still just speculation and that's all it would ever be.

PillowFighter/VampySlayer =Angelus='s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Autumn Rain
    Quote Originally Posted by RedXIII
    Actually, it just means that they still work together and are close. There is also a pic of the entire group right next to it, at the end of the movie. It's a big hint at the possibility, but it's still just speculation and that's all it would ever be.
    sure you can look deep into the meaning, but maybe its more from a sense of normality that they put that picture, rather than cloud on his bike with the hardedge seen in FFVII posters

LittleMissAwesome will always be my favourite Twin!!
    ~We lose the certain things, as we seek the uncertain ones..~

I posted a rant on this in another thread: http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=44

So yeah, I see a whole lotta nothing when it comes to romance. There are a lot of emotional moments, but not what I'd consider indications of love. Just because emotional moments happen between a guy and girl doesn't mean it's love.

Scene examples: When Cloud finds Tifa in Aeris' church in the movie... His reaction doesn't seem like that of someone who loves her.

When Cloud comes back from the Ancient City to find a battle going on, he barely even looks at Tifa, let alone asks if she's ok.

When Cloud is "revived" near the end in Aeris' church, he doesn't only look at Tifa when he says "I'm home.", he's looking at everyone.

Some people speculated that the ribbons that Tifa and Cloud wear signify a bond, but you can see in the Bahamut fight that everyone wears them too.

"square can't make an official "relationship" because fans, for it or against it, will whine about it endlessly"

And why not? Square makes obvious couples in TONS of games, like, y'know, all of them except FF7. A lot of people think that Quistis and Squall would've made a better couple, but Square didn't leave it open in that game. Why would they care now? in fact, if Tifa and Cloud were meant to be together, why wouldn't they have made it for sure? Aeris is dead. It's not like her fans have any reason to think they could/should be together, it's impossible. The game is made open ended because there just isn't a definitive couple in FF7. I don't think it's Square using subtlety, I think their romantic relationship is nonexistant. And I like it that way. For once, a game without a mushy mushy couple.

"Since Aeris left together with Zack, I like to think they got together in the Lifestream."

Or they were both there to check on Cloud, since they're both his good friends.

"Just see the loving look in Tifa's eyes when she's looking at Cloud. There Cloud is also looking at Tifa at that point and smiling."

Cloud never returns that look. I just rewatched the movie. He's looking at everyone. At one point they make eye contact, but that's because she's the only one looking directly at him. How many people does Cloud look at like that in that scene? You're seeing what you want to see.

"Its obvious. It shows u in the begging. When she awnsers the phone, she says "Hello, this is the strife delivery service." Also, u see a photo of her, cloud, denzel and marlene. Bit obvious now aint it"

Because they have a business together? Or because Denzel is around? That's like saying Tifa and Barret were together in the game because of Tifa's bar and Marlene. It's pure fan-wishing. I think it's pretty natural for them to be around each other a lot since they've known each other the longest. Think about it, who else would he live with? I still don't think it means he loves her.

In the movie and the game Cloud has a lot of "flashback" moments, and most of them are about Aeris, not Tifa. I stick with that he has a special bond with both of them, but he's not in love with either.

Actually, as far as why SE didn't expound on any love thems.. I've already seen a great many fans get all bent over the fact that Cloud's love for Aerith isn't specified and that Zack is with her. At the same time, other fans are desperately searching for hints of love for Tifa. If they would have specified that he loved either, the result would have been a bigger backlash than with FFX-2. It may sound stupid, but that's just how stupid alot of FF7 fans can be. FF7 is the fanbase's golden child. To screw with anyone's preconcieved notions of these characters would have been suicide for the movie.

Personally, I always found that Tifa was better for Cloud, just like Quistis was more suited for Squall. But I like how they state nothing. Them not making any obvious statements allows the viewer to keep whatever notions they had for the characters.