Thread: Assorted Art Photos

Misspelled for No Reason. GhandiOwnsYou's Avatar

Default Assorted Art Photos

Just a few i've finally gotten aroudn to scanning. Ripping apart via constructive criticism, highly appreciated.

1) old Black and White of a DanElectro bass. It had nice chrome Lipstick pickups, that got awesome highlights of the lights once I buffed them up a bit. [shot, 35 mm kodak, self developed (Dektol) and Self printed in dark room] edit: my apologys for the pixelation. EoFF wouldn't let me upload the full deal, i had to drop the DPI a bit.

2) Early attempts at polaroid transfer (for non-photo folks browsing, a simplistic explanation would be exposing slide on a polaroid, and slicing the polaroid open before it developes, than pressing the ink/chemical side onto a piece of paper for a print) . i still like to over press them a bit, i think that the exposure pulling off the paper in places add's character and interest to it. [35 mm Kodak slide film, developed through processing lab. Transfer done through a Daylab onto 4x6 polaroid film, then transferred to watercolor paper]

3) *see above*

4) Digital shot, run through photoshop in a few manners. Downtown richmond VA, i believe it was the suntrust building.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by GhandiOwnsYou; 09-21-2005 at 04:10 AM.

This deserves a comment. I always prefer a valid attempt at artwork to lame ass yunaxtidus sigs.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I love the texture and the presentation of the first two photos. But the objects being photographed aren't anything special and it seems like you weren't really focused on what you were photographing so much as you were with how you presented those photos.

I think that the 4th photo is the best. It's a great macro shot with nice composition and perspective. The grain also works really well for that kind of black and white image. But yeah, kudos on using film and developing your own photographs. Too many photographers these days are hung up on digital and don't learn the basics techniques of film and darkroom which is really a shame.

I think they are beautiful ^_^
    I'm not really good with a camera, and I suck at rendering... so I donnu if my oppinion is worth much. But for as much as it is - I really like them. ^_^
    The first two looks like oilpaintings. The feel of them are warm and suthing. I'd like to have them up at my wall ^____^

The black and white one (got a little confused by your description, but from my point of view - the last on) reminds me of the L'arc~en~ciel video "Ready, Steady, Go!" ^_^ Thihi.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Wow, I love the 4th one so much. They're all great though. I can't wait to see more from you!