Thread: theme of love

Default theme of love

just wanted to say...this song is teh stuff! I love this song so much! Hell, the whole album from ffiv is the greatest!

the reason i bring this up is because of the other thread about who is best composer...and of course I said nobuo but I was wondering why....all of his music is so great yet what trumps him over the others?

then I started to look up ff music on youtube and ran across ffiv theme of love piano version. I about cried, and I started having flash backs of the game and I all of a sudden had the strongest urge to go play it again so I could relive the characters struggles, victories, and painful defeats. the music is just so fitting for that game!

i was just curious, is there anyone who feels this way about any other ff music? not necessarily one song in particular (rydia's theme is one the most beautiful yet simple pieces I have ever heard) but a whole soundtrack?

maybe I'm just weird...>.>

No you are not weird, there is some really good music out there, something that I think is hard to find today, a whole album that you love and can listen to fully without skipping.

My first thought of great game soundstracks was Secret of Mana. I can listen to that soundtrack from start finish no skipping, every track is brilliant. Every track I can image a certain place in the game, listening to the soundtrack is like playing the game over again. Just abosolute brilliance, it is the only game soundtrack I legally own, had it imported from Japan.

For the Final Fantasy soundtracks, I would have to say for overall whole soundtrack would have to IX for me. I dont love every track on it, but most. Having replayed IX over the last couple of weeks it brings back a lot of memories and appreciate a lot more music. But the classic off that soundtrack for me would have to be the opening theme "The Place I Will Return to Someday" that song is just amazing so sad and powerful.
    However the first time I saw "Suteki Da Ne" in X I feel in love with it, just fitted the scene perfectly, and the strong violin really is heartbreaking, I get really emotional listening just to violin of that track.

"This the outro, I was gonna put it at the beginning
    But this is what I say the moment after I'm winning
    Thank you, Ultimate Victory"

The Ultimate Victory - Chamillionaire