Thread: .hack//G.U. new details...kind of

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Default .hack//G.U. new details...kind of

http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q3-2005/091805c.html

Bandai announced shortly after E3 that .hack//G.U. would actually be a three-part series that would be released throughout 2006 in Japan and North America. The games have been given official titles now, though no release dates have been scheduled at this time:

* .hack // G.U. Vol. 1 Saitan (Resurrection)
    * .hack // G.U. Vol. 2 Kimisou Fu Koe
    * .hack // G.U. Vol. 3 Aruku Youna Hayasa de

The year is 2017 and the MMORPG, The World, has reached over 12 million users. People have flocked to the game looking for prosperity, but what they've found is far from it. Roaming PK's or "Player Killers" and disputes between numerous guilds have ravaged the areas, while strange occurrences have become mainstays in this world. The system managers no longer have control over anything that happens in the game. This is a story of eight players as they proceed through two worlds, both reality and The World.

The main character's name is Haseo, a "Player Killer", and he goes around the World killing other players for fun. When he's in battle, Haseo has a darker, more violent side. One day he meets the "Player Killer Killer" who has been sent in to take him back out of the game.

Bandai originally announced this title back at E3, and formally unveiled the game a few days ago during TGS. Those interested in the game may visit the English and Japanese sites to keep up with news as it's announced. Readers may also stay tuned here, as RPGamer will continue to post up-to-date details on these games.
    Helps make sense out of the E3 trailer. I can't wait

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Is freakish Kite a Player Killer Killer then? I still don't see him Data Draining another player, leading me to believe that that is some sort of a duplicate of his character model and Twilight Bracelet.

In the trailer he was refered to as an Artifical Intelligence Data Anomally. So 'it' would be more like Aura or Ziefy. They gave it a name also. Something like Tri something because his blades have 3 on each one. I keep forgetting it though.

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't think it'd be Aura or Zephie either, it'd probably be a different type of AI or bug.

I didn't say it would be Aura or Ziefy. Just like Aura or Ziefy in that he is a data anomaly that is unnacounted for in The World. Although Aura was there from the beginning but Ziefy wasn't. You just know Aura has a hand in this because of the braclet or will play a part in it eventually.

A new chapter in an already awesome series. I just hope they make some sort of anime counter part for this also.

A few notes to recap

A new battle system, greatly improved cellshaded graphic's engine, new music, characters and everything.

Besides the graphics engine they have said each release this time around will sport a new battle system, areas and music.

Why can't it be done already

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

As far as I'm concerned, they can take all the time they need to make it good. I want it to be out, yes, but I can wait if it means the end product will be a truly engaging experience. I love the series to death, and this is probably going to make my love of it reach near-obsessive levels. And I just don't have time for that right now.

And each games meant to be longer thn the original 4 combined "wheeeee"

The flying homo! Recognized Member Giga Guess's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

NICE!!!!! I can't wait...I just beat the 15 levels of hell in Quarantine, and was wondering wat my next fix was gonna be....my bf just rolled his eyes when I told him though....

Many thanks Christmas!
    Horniest Member, 2007! Gimme a little unf unf!

I hope they take thier time so that it doesn't get as repetitive as the last one.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

i like all the dot hacks, cuz there stories are always unpredictable but keeping it non cliche by building up to it.

The flying homo! Recognized Member Giga Guess's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

Quote Originally Posted by Rengori
    I hope they take thier time so that it doesn't get as repetitive as the last one.

Yeah, a little more variation in the dungeons would be nice....but it was still fun as it stands.

Many thanks Christmas!
    Horniest Member, 2007! Gimme a little unf unf!

This game looks fun as all hell. I have watched the new trailer they showed at the tokyo game show and the combat is not as restrictive as the the original. You have a combo counter so the game play will be more action driven and more fluid than the last game. That makes me excited that it will be more in the vain of a fighting type RPG such as Tales.

Blog Entries

Can't wait for this to come out. I love the entire .Hack series.