Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pull Up to the Bumper

Blog Entries

Default Pull Up to the Bumper

Have you've ever witnessed or been involved in a serious car crash? I saw one, horrible, sight last year.

So?

It just bit me, is all. Little Miss Awesome's Avatar

On Tuesday at the school bus stop this old man got hit by a truck, I know a lot of people who saw it, they're all really traumatized He died like straight away, I know this sounds really nasty but I'm glad it wasn't someone from school cos like, we're young and stuff, but still I feel so bad for the man, R.I.P

The Jamie Star Scenario The Jamie Star Scenario's Avatar

Never in person, only pictures of websites.

Lumberjack Recognized Member RSL's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

One morning way back in ninth grade during the bus ride to school we passed a nasty crash right outside the house of a girl that used to ride the same bus. She was a year older. I didn't see the actual crash. When we got to school we were informed that she had passed away in that crash. It was a pretty horrifying sight.

I myself have been involved in two accidents of sorts. In one, I was making a right turn off of the highway. I had completed the turn and was starting to accelerate again when sudenly there was a large crash and jolt and before I knew it, I was facing the other direction in the middle of the road. It turns out that some moron was speeding behind me. He was going too fast and was too close to be able to slow down to avoid hitting me. For some reason he thought I was going to make a left turn so he dived right to miss me. However, it ended up that he dived where I ended up going. I'm going to draw a crude diagram in MS Paint to show you exactly how stupid it was that I got hit in such a fashion.

The blue box is my car. The red line is the path that the guy took to hit me. Anyway, I heard him tell the police three different excuses. The first one was that I was signalling to go left. That is absurd. I wouldn't do that. Then he said that my brake lights and turn signals were covered with snow and he coudn't see them. I thought he saw me signalling to turn left, though? The cop told him that it didn't matter if I didn't have lights at all, he still has to keep enough distance so as to not hit me. Then he started saying that his brakes failed. Sure.

My second accident happened less than a quarter mile down the same road. I was probably doing 65 and a deer ran out in front of me. I slammed on the brakes and locked up the wheels. Doing this made me lose control of where the car was going and it entered the ditch and rolled over once. That sucked. Dad was pretty mad.

Strawberry Virus Recognized Member Marshall Banana's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

When I was little, a man driving behind us had a heart attack at the wheel and his wife was unable to get control of the vehicle, so he hit us pretty hard. I wasn't wearing my seatbelt so I hit my head on the front seat but wasn't hurt or anything. The man that hit us later died. I guess the accident itself wasn't too serious, but I can't remember. I was like, 6.

I've witnessed quite a few, though, on my own road. There's a sharp turn right beside my house and people drive insanely fast around it. I've lost count of the number of people who have landed in our neighbor's yard with their cars flipped over. It happened to an ambulance once too but luckily, at the time, only the ambulance crew was in it.

Plenty more come to mind.

There was a car crash outside my school recently. Some guy on a moterbike or something totally wiped out, and there was like, cops and ambulances everywhere. i donno if he lived though.

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

Ive seen the ruins of one, but never actually seen a real life one. My mum was in one though, she was so shook up.
    A girl at my school got run over, she ran out of school as this lad was chasing her with food powder stuff and.. and.. Wham!

Driving to school I saw a kid in my class get into an accident a little ways
    in front of me. You know those landscaping things that they put on the
    back of their truck and they have all their lawnmowers, leaf blowers, etc
    on them? And they have the little door thing on the back that goes down
    and makes a ramp so you can get the stuff out? Yeah, one of those was
    parked on a main road. The kid, Andy, saw it in front of him but he didn't
    look close enough and he just thought the truck was moving. He looked
    down to put in a new CD and when he looked up his front wheels were
    already on the ramp. He quickly turned to the left and his front left wheel
    sort of fell off the ramp, but he was already at the top of it anyway.
    His car literally flew into the air, it was a good 5 feet above the other
    cars on the road, and it flipped. He landed upside down in the left lane,
    landing on top of an oncoming car. Both he and the other driver were in
    the hospital for a few days but nobody was killed, though when it
    initially happened I figured both of them had been.

.opt

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Luckily, nothing like that has ever happened to me, but I saw a couple of times what remained of a car hitting a bycicle or a motorbike. It wasn't a fine sight.

There was a huge crash by me today, two buses and a kid between.

Air ambulence and everything

I saw a car bomb in Brixton a few years back. I aint been in an accident. My mum once hit a car, but it was parked ( listen it was in a car park ( tight spaces ). And it wasnt that big a deal. I dont think we ever got it fixed....

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

BJ just got back from class to tell me all about the head on collision that happened ten feet from him while he was walking home. Craziness.

I've never been in a bad accident. I got rear-ended on the freeway, but I wasn't hurt and the guy's insurance company gave me a nice rental car for a month and paid me more money than I paid for the car.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Not lately.

I don't really want to.

People in my town are in them all the time. Usually they look awful but they're not too bad.
    Just buckle up kiddos!

Tôi đói.

My sister was in one once, luckily it wasn't that serious and she didn't get hurt.