Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: What do you think about Vincent Valentine

Style blah blah blah the ultimate weapon is a gun no gunblade.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Vincent is a cool character. He's just....lacking in the battle department. His limit is okay, but you can't control him. And unless you want to kill 9,999 monsters with him, you're better using other characters' Ultimate Weapons.

Thought it is hilarious to see Chaos duking it out with Safer Sephiroth

Vincent Valentine is, in my opinion, the most articulately developed characters in the series. The majority of reason behind people liking him listed here is that he ‘looks neat.’ His shoes suck. Vincent is very much a coherent and realistic metaphor. When you first encounter him, he is cold and tormented. He wants nothing to do with Cloud until he hears about Sephiroth- and even at that point, is reluctant to join. He’d prefer self-inflicted damnation and isolation to any sort of social interaction, even abiding by his personal motives. As time goes by, his outlook and personality begin to shift. A sociological attachment is bonded between himself and the other protagonists, expressing concern and a willingness to participate in their endeavors. He even laughs.

Vincent is genetically altered, so that he cannot physically die. As much as he yearns to cease from exsistance (He’s laying in a casket for 30 years...) He cannot. By default, he is forced onward, and make the best of the situations he has been cast into. Impassive at the beginning, he is adscripted to continue, tragedy dismissed. Vincent then becomes a implicit comparison for healing, and personal growth. Regardless of any progress made, his past is still relevant, and presents itself in physical incarnations. With all assiduousness, this is why Hojo altered him the way he did– His arm, his eyes, his soul. An inescapable and forced reminder of what, and who, he is.

As human as he becomes... there is still a beast lurking within.

Unlimited Hentai Works Twilight Edge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent's Valentine
    Vincent Valentine is, in my opinion, the most articulately developed characters in the series. The majority of reason behind people liking him listed here is that he ‘looks neat.’ His shoes suck. Vincent is very much a coherent and realistic metaphor. When you first encounter him, he is cold and tormented. He wants nothing to do with Cloud until he hears about Sephiroth- and even at that point, is reluctant to join. He’d prefer self-inflicted damnation and isolation to any sort of social interaction, even abiding by his personal motives. As time goes by, his outlook and personality begin to shift. A sociological attachment is bonded between himself and the other protagonists, expressing concern and a willingness to participate in their endeavors. He even laughs.

Vincent is genetically altered, so that he cannot physically die. As much as he yearns to cease from exsistance (He’s laying in a casket for 30 years...) He cannot. By default, he is forced onward, and make the best of the situations he has been cast into. Impassive at the beginning, he is adscripted to continue, tragedy dismissed. Vincent then becomes a implicit comparison for healing, and personal growth. Regardless of any progress made, his past is still relevant, and presents itself in physical incarnations. With all assiduousness, this is why Hojo altered him the way he did– His arm, his eyes, his soul. An inescapable and forced reminder of what, and who, he is.

Wow...you could start a Vincent Valentine novel.Really,you express things very well.

In my opinion,Vincent is OK but his shoes just don't match him.His limit breaks are strong but it's no point using it if you can't control him.Gunslingers are usually the cool ones,but he way better with a gunblade,a combo is always better than a normal weapon.All in all, I say Vincent is an acceptable character.

when Zeromus_X said Vincent is a cool character. He's just....lacking in the battle department.

I totally dont agree.

Vincent is AWESOME in the battle department but if u think he lacks you obviously havent trained him enough. He's my 3rd best guy.

3rd best! He's my number two and still moving up the chart.

Can sins ever be forgiven?

I really like how they presented Vincent's past which is very dark I loved how they made him a Turk and How he loved Lucreicia and lost her to Hojo that was brillent. What I am really curious about his connection to Yuffie and Wutai and his resilence to Jenova's Infuence since he has cells inside of his body.

Quote Originally Posted by chocobo hunter
    I really like how they presented Vincent's past which is very dark I loved how they made him a Turk and How he loved Lucreicia and lost her to Hojo that was brillent. What I am really curious about his connection to Yuffie and Wutai and his resilence to Jenova's Infuence since he has cells inside of his body.
    Actually the Jenova is Chaos. Just some help.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by The Cosmo Memory
    when Zeromus_X said Vincent is a cool character. He's just....lacking in the battle department.

I totally dont agree.

Vincent is AWESOME in the battle department but if u think he lacks you obviously havent trained him enough. He's my 3rd best guy.
    Yes, Vincent is powerful if you train him. However, All the other characters require little training at all, and you'd have to spend hours to power up Vincent's Ultimate Weapon. And compared to all of the other characters Limit Breaks, Vincent's would be the worst. (They arent't as powerful, and you can't control him.) And Limits are really the only thing that make characters more or less powerful in this game.

So Vincent isn't horrible, he's just the least powerful character as compared to the others.

Storywise, Vincent is probably the most intriguing character in the game, IMO.

I think Vincent is cool. He's all mysterious and whatnot. Kinda reminds me of Shadow

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent's Valentine

Couldn't have put it better myself. Vincent not only looks awesome (apart from the crazy boots) but he has the best background, that's why I think he's so great!

I've always found myself amazingly indifferent toward Vincent. For whatever reason, he just didn't pop for me like some of the other characters did. He was okay, but I don't think I would miss him if he was never in the game.

Would I be stating the obvious I proclaimed my love from Vincent?

Vincent has always stuck out in my mind, both aesthetically and emotionally speaking, more so than any other character I've even been exposed to in any computer game.

Aesthetically, (bar those horrendous boots), his character design is, in my eyes, one of the most perfectly realised ever. It comes from a time when Nomura still relied on unique elements, and an interesting use of simplicity, that made all the FFVII characters stand out so much more than the other games in most people's eyes, as opposed to the "paint by numbers" technique of blending generic elements together that he resorts to nowadays.

His outfit is understated, composed and elaborate, yet elegant and unique. The red, black and gold colours compliment each other well, stopping it from looking entirely tacky and silly like many characters do. His outfit appeals to everything I like visually, and I honestly doubt there will ever be another character that will ever attract me to them so much on a purely aesthetic level.

Emotionally, I loved the character because he was one those that told a lot of story and expressed so much identity, without ever really saying all that much. Dispassionate, cold, even distant at times, but I never felt that he was depressing or even angst ridden.

He didn't dwell on his own self pity, or take it out on those around him. He simply felt that he had to do what he had to do the make amends with himself for what he felt were his mistakes. He choose to lock to himself away. Nobody made him. You can't call that selfish.

Everyone has their own personal demons. Some more than others. He is a strong example of how we can get past those demons by ourselves, and move onto something better. It works in the story of Final Fantasy VII as an interesting comparision to Cloud's more self centred, egotistical demons, and allows them to stand out more.

"My body or my soul, which was the dearer, when the one pure, the other made divine? Whose love of either to myself was nearer when both were kept for heaven and Collatine? Ay me! The bark peel'd from the lofty pine, his leaves must wither and his sap decay; so must my soul, her bark being peeled away."
    -Shakespeare, "The Rape of Lucrece"

Anyone whose researched the older Final Fantasy (pre FFX) knows that the characters names always possess some deeper meaning in relation to their personalities and identities. Many theorise that Vincent's story is strongly tied in with the Shakespeare story and the Greek legend of Lucretia. I could go for hours about this, but I'll just express how I think the connection adds more depth to the Vincent's plight and feelings, for those willing to research up on it.

Wikipedia is your friend.
    Last edited by Vincent Valentine; 03-20-2006 at 05:25 PM.
    -"If she's happy then... I don't mind."

well no matter how lame vincent may be or how maniacally fanboyish you may be concerning him i think we can all agree on one thing... hes better than cait sith

I repeat an earlier statement, I (moderately) love you guys. Also I finally saw the word aesthetics! I've been waiting for that word.