Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone else beaten Ruby and Emerald

you could have just mimic-ed it

It was easier with W-Summon because I used KOR twice and with mimic I could of only use it once

have beaten both. and done 3 challenges on them (not using the pad, not using the pad or KOTR and no materia) ruby no materia is hard :P took me hours to get all the sources to beat tht guy.

judging by what other people have said in these forums about using hades against it, i did not know that therefore it was my hardest boss to beat... had really high magical defence and countered with ultima each time i used KOTR on it.
    Signature removed for exceeding the 250 pixel height limit (including text)

~Void

I think quite a few people have done both. I haven't though cos Im too lazy to level up enough... ^_^

I beat em both backwards and in French!!!, liiiiiess, Hey Jed head, you know i beat em,........... coz you are at my house EVERY DAY..... LIES!!! I slepty round yours last nite

Thets all here a woot for cloud........"woot"

FREEKING QUEER!

Liiiiiiiess, you beat them the same day as me. You only beat me by one hour. Why can I never beat you on the FF?
    But I still win On Dark Cloud/Chronicle.
    But one thing CL, have you beaten Emerald using no materia, yours truly sets you that challenge.

Can sins ever be forgiven?

i beat both emerald was easy but ruby was a bit harder
    THE SUN IS HOT VERY HOT

i have beaten both of them
    *~memories are nice but thats all they can be~*

Ruby harder? Yu sure?

I beat both. I spend 42 hours leveling up for emerald first time i got in the sub.

Banned

Ruby was easy with the KOTR-HP Absorb/Counter-Mimic trick. I went for a sandwich and when I got back he was spare parts. For Emerald, he uses Aire Tam Storm after you deal him a certain amount of damage. For me, that was after I'd dealt him four KOTRs. That put Cloud in 7777 Berserk mode, which finished Emerald off handily.

yup beat both first play through the game when i was little. i just cloud with added effect/hades in his sword first attack stopped ruby. then loaded him up with knights of the round. also the start of that battle had 2 characters dead so he would dig his hands into the ground.

emerald just the right combo of materia i dont remeber exactly
    lynx
    beaten final fantasy III,IV,VI,VII,VIII,IX,X,X-2,XII,mystic quest, tacitcs, tactics advanced, crystal chronicles.

you only live once but if you do it right once is enough

my FF amvs

Pheonix down
    DarkLord: Thread, I resurrect thee.
    I have decided to make an FAQ on Ruby and Emerald. If I ever finish it, I'll tell you...

Emerald easier than Ruby? How in the hell is Emerald EASIER?? I beat Emerald before Ruby, and Emerald was hard as hell, even with great Materia like KoTR, Counter Magic, and Pheonix attached to that materia that lets you cast before you die. Final attack or something, it's called, right?

Anyway, when I finally beat Emerald after about a gazillion attempts, then leveling, then trying again, I finally kicked it's ass. Then I went and fought Ruby. I beat Ruby my first try! So someone tell me just how Ruby is harder than Emerald! i STILL have nightmares about fighting Emerald Weapon. *shudders*