Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone else beaten Ruby and Emerald

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FinalCetra
    Emerald easier than Ruby? How in the hell is Emerald EASIER??
    He's the easiest enemy in the game to get Lucky 7 Mode with.

Ahh, I forgot about Lucky 7. I didn't know about it at the time, so I never got the chance to use it. By the time I heard about the lucky 7s, I had already beaten the game ;.;

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

ive not beaten them but seems as i have uttimate weapons, KoTR and all character at nearly 9999 health and at level 80 i think i should be strong enough and i may try them soon.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Blog Entries

Yes, I beat them and it wasn't easy. I probably couldn't do it now. I got lucky I'd say

I'm right there with ya Bert. I beat them in my level 70's, with less than optimal health. And I tried Emerald about a million times before looking up a strategy for it, only to find my characters didn't have enough HPs to follow them. I still had to have several HP+ materia to keep my party at 9999 HP...mastered HP +s. But then, I didn't use any sources either.

What, it was my first playthrough. I'm sure non of you were perfect your first time XD

i beat them both.and sapphire too...lololol!!!^_^

ruby=puny.pretty difficult if you don't know what to do.in my first try,i was so convinced that it was bound to kill me,even though i already found a way to make him dig and put his hands behind me.so i went all out,casting every magic spell i had,even the relatively useless ones:frog,mini,silence,those kinds of things.until i stumbled upon the legendary spell,stop.ruby freakin' stopped.i tried the item,dazers.it freakin' stopped again.so i had been using dazers ever since.

it was my first playthrough of ffvii,but ffvii wasn't my first ff.it has become my habit to try puny magic and skills when i was convinced i will die anyway.

emerald was much harder,since i had no idea of the aire tam storm damage function in my first playthrough.thank god,there is mystile.aire tam storm missed often on my characters.it did 9999 damage when it hit,though (ouch!!!).
    "I'll tell you one thing... The truly mighty ones don't flaunt their power. How can I describe it to you? The sly eagle hides its claws."
    -Zidane Tribal, Final Fantasy IX

Stop works on Ruby! Lol, I haven't anything like that since I heard zombie works on Yu Yevon!

Can sins ever be forgiven?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLord
    Stop works on Ruby!
    i think it's the ONLY status effect that ruby can be afflicted with.hades puts that status on ruby.that's why many people say,"use hades!" or something like that.i personally prefer dazers.

ruby is much,much easier than emerald,even with the 7777 berserk,because ruby can be afflicted with stop.
    "I'll tell you one thing... The truly mighty ones don't flaunt their power. How can I describe it to you? The sly eagle hides its claws."
    -Zidane Tribal, Final Fantasy IX

Classy way to kill Emerald:

Materia Setup
    Gravity=HP absorb Gravity=MP Absorb Gravity=Quadra Magic W-Magic=HP plus

"This method is just fun. Every time you use gravity it will do 9999 damage to
    him for the first 92 attacks. After that depending on what level of gravity
    you are using the attacks will decrease. But you will be getting off eight
    gravities per character and absorbing back about 4000 hp every turn. This
    method is just damn fun and insulting!" - Apathetic Aardvark

Oh god.Another thread.If you can find the last one I posted a guide on how I did it.Im to lazy to find it myself.

Visit my site:Reunion

clever use of materia (after days of trying) and emerald was done, ruby is far far easier!!!!! you havn't completed the game if you havn't beaten them both imo!!!!

best feeling when you do it though!!

Anyone who goes through the trouble of beating them with cheap materia combos is and overachiever.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

Quote Originally Posted by welshyuna
    clever use of materia (after days of trying) and emerald was done, ruby is far far easier!!!!! you havn't completed the game if you havn't beaten them both imo!!!!

best feeling when you do it though!!
    Thats the best feeling?

Puppy Dog!

Quote Originally Posted by roxy
    Thats the best feeling?
    ............well !!!

in gameplay yes!!!!!

The Hardcore Gentleman Emerald weapon's Avatar

I've still not done it!I've had alot of guides for it,I even started my own thread for guides,but the past months hav been hectic for me,plus that my bro is earning big bucks now and hes bringing new games(in the middle of metal gear solid 3 now )but reading this thread has inspired me to give it another shot,i think am gonna try the lucky 7's technique on emerald,then use the master materias to kick rubys arse