Thread: I can't save!

Default I can't save!

I just started the game.. climbed down the ladder to the reactor, and found my first save point. Now when I go to save it brings up the dialog: "Slot 1 Slot 2" and both are greyed out..

So at first I thought my memory card was full or it was a bug or something. I restarted, cleared some room on the memory card, and then replayed back to the save point. Again, it's greyed out.

What could be the problem? Do I need some sort of special memory card or something?

I'm sure the memory card I have now is a working one, because I was just using it for Kingdom Hearts II... eh.

You need a PS1 memory card for all PS1 games.

if its a on a PS2 sometimes you have to wiggle the PSX memory card around until one of the slots appears white

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Endless Twilight
    You need a PS1 memory card for all PS1 games.
    Yeah, this is the problem. Here's a tip though: you can storage your PS1 files on the PS2 memory card. Y'know if the space gets little on the PSX memory card. You can't load it until you put it back on the PSX memory card though.

also, slim-line ps2's don't read ps1 memory cards properly. they read them but wen u save and try to load, the file either isn't ther or it's corrupted. i don't know if this is true with official sony playstation 1 memory cards tho, as i ahve only tried memory cards from other brand names

Why do you imprison your saviour?