Thread: SNES - Star Ocean, battle speed...

Banned

Default SNES - Star Ocean, battle speed...

I played Star Ocean on the Zsnes before, but the sound was crap at times so I changed to the Snes9x.
    The sound was much better on that one, but for some reason, the chars run much slower in battles.
    What's with that?
    On the Zsnes they just sprinted over to the other half of the screen in no time, but now, they need like two seconds to get there!

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Are you positive it's something with the emulator and not where you are in the game, if you started over? At the beginning you were slow, but could build up your speed through the ability system. I don't remember if it affected battles or not, but I know it changed how fast you could run in town/dungeons.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Azar With A Hat
    Are you positive it's something with the emulator and not where you are in the game, if you started over? At the beginning you were slow, but could build up your speed through the ability system. I don't remember if it affected battles or not, but I know it changed how fast you could run in town/dungeons.
    Well, I tried the *exactly same* location on both Zsnes and Snes9x, during the battle against that thief leader in the beginning, and they ran A LOT faster on the Zsnes.
    At that point in the game, I haven't got a real chance to level up, nor use any Abilities or Specialities or anything like that whatsoever.

So yeah, it must be the emulator.

uh, if you hit tab you enter turbo mode in Snes9x. /shrug that takes the sync out. When the characters run faster, does the sound get all distorted too?

Bipper

Δ As above, so below ∇ crashNUMBERS's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What are you talking about?? ZSNES is fine...

Ominous Wanderer Tech Admin Samuraid's Avatar

Never had any problems with ZSNES, ever.

However, it's likely what bipper said. Otherwise, you may want to play around with the sound/video settings. Doing so may resolve any minor issues with display, game speed, etc...