View Poll Results: Did Square put details on the game so hidden that they are to remain nearly unnoticed

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

31 43.66%
  • no

40 56.34%
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

Thread: About Square´s intentions.

I voted NO. That breaks the tie. But in FE's defense, Square had a hidden meaning behind its name. All the worlds of Final Fantasy are in the same universe, and its shaped like a cube! Hence the name "Square". And Yuna is the baby of Kimahri and a shoopuf. And Adel is Rinoa's transvestite father. IT ALL MAKES SENSE!!!!!
    My aunt bought me three games that I already had for my birthday. One of them was FFX. Now I dont know which disc to play on!

IT ALL MAKES SENSE!!!!!
    Your mom makes sense! Burn!

I vote no. I don't believe Square was expecting anyone as devoted as FE to come along.

(With Bugs Bunny accent) This means WAR!
    My aunt bought me three games that I already had for my birthday. One of them was FFX. Now I dont know which disc to play on!

If anyone but you had made this poll, I'd consider voting yes, since there are certain details in the game which most people don't notice(for instance, check out the static on the TV screen in Timber next time you play the game; you might find something interesting), but seeing it's you who made the thread, I voted no.
    That don´t makes sense.You should answer THE QUESTION and not MY SECOND INTENTIONS.

Who is Besimudo?
    Flo:Honey,the clock is late.Go out fix it.
    Mayor Dobe:What hours is it?
    Flo: 15:30
    Mayor Dobe:Hey do you wanna to send the Estharians to Centra or what?
    Flo:Ok,let it be on 3:45

Images removed for being utterly colossal. Please use images that conform to the size limit.

Regards,
    Big D

I voted yes. If not, this past year has been a complete waste...

Id vote yes since Im sure they do on occasion but Esthar will obviously just blow it out of proportion backing up a stupid theory.

Two of them were to vote yes so we had a draw.
    I will provide the evidence once for all.

Those who said no clearly violates the script of FF8.
    Last edited by Future Esthar; 09-27-2005 at 01:41 PM.

Images removed for being utterly colossal. Please use images that conform to the size limit.

Regards,
    Big D

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

*violates the FFVIII script while smiling*
    Figaro Castle

That's odd. Since when did you start caring about what people tell us during the game? And since when did you start taking statements by random people in FF8 to be definite statements by Square?

Wait, don't answer that. I was joking; you never make any sense anyway

That´s not the thruth.
    I allways cared about what people says.
    But one should perceive when a statement is true or not based on the context.

And don´t say that the details were unimportant.There were details that enable us to make farfetched theories about the game.
    Don´t believe me?
    Then why is it that no one appears on FF7 saying things like that.On FF7 there were a lot of hidden details( I also played it ).

But on FF7 there is not so much secrets on the storyline as on FF8.
    Yes,I also had theories on FF7 but they are just about four:location of promised land,the true villain of FF7(who is really controlling who in Shinra),True identity of the father and brother of Cloud and the "puppet family" theory.
    However I found hundreds for FF8.

Considering that FF8 duration (considering sidequests also) is much less than FF7 a person should also appear on FF7 saying that.

Which means the guy is referring to storyline secrets which were far more on FF8.

Regards,
    Big D

Quote Originally Posted by Future Esthar
    That´s not the thruth.
    I allways cared about what people says.
    But one should perceive when a statement is true or not based on the context.

And don´t say that the details were unimportant.There were details that enable us to make farfetched theories about the game.
    Don´t believe me?
    Then why is it that no one appears on FF7 saying things like that.On FF7 there were a lot of hidden details( I also played it ).

Yes,I also had theories on FF7 but they are just about four:location of promised land,the true villain of FF7(who is really controlling who in Shinra),True identity of the father and brother of Cloud and the "puppet family" theory.

Considering that FF8 duration (considering sidequests also) is much less than FF7 a person should also appear on FF7 saying that.

Which means the guy is referring to storyline secrets which were far more on FF8.
    Oh, crikey, more theory discussion.

First, don't ever mention your FFVII theories again. Ever.

Second, I agree that there are some points in the game that are open to interpretation (I am the guy who was developed the theory that FFTA's Marche is a genocidal maniac. I do look into games and form theories). However, the interpretation must have at least some sort of basis in the game's reality.

Third, your "context" argument is total bull, especially when you relate it to your hundred insane ideas. You never listen to the context, you take a single point and make a theory around it, despite the fact that the game contradicts your theories at nearly every point. Also, you argue that things need to be seen in context before they can be analyzed for truth. Yet you just showed us a quote (which is apparently the basis of your reasons why your theories are valid) without offering us any context that it goes in. The guy might just be a crack-smoking bum who is so tripped out that he says things like that. There are people in real life who say things like that, but it doesn't mean that the Earth is full of conspiracy theories.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Go Skyblade! but Future Esthar i don't really get what you are trying to say out of that one quote from a random guy.
    Yep, yep, * White Aeris * is back : D
    ♥ ♥ Beautiful Signature by Polaris ♥ ♥
    &hearts; &hearts; Thank you muchly for not one, but two signatures ~<3

Is that the entirety of that quote? Because I would really like to know what that guys says before hand....

What FE has presented is, in itself, not enough to pass judgement on the Intentions Square had when that put that into the game…

Skyblade,this thread is not to discuss my theories.
    And yes,I base my theories on the Imediate context and even on further contexts.

The guy talked about having it´s hometown polluted.
    He says no one spot the transformation when they look at it everyday.
    But he realized it when he came to Balamb and saw the clear blue waters..
    That´s when he says the upper quote.

Although this pollution subject seems unimportant to the storyline I already argued this:

Regards,
    Big D

...Ok you lost me. How is this thread NOT about discussing your theories? You're saying that square put statements disguised as random quotes into the game; that counts as a theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Future Esthar
    The guy talked about having it´s hometown polluted.
    He says no one spot the transformation when they look at it everyday.
    But he realized it when he came to Balamb and saw the clear blue waters..
    That’s when he says the upper quote.
    This could just as easily be used to tie in with the game’s theme of memory than it is with a statement from square. It seems like he was saying (based on your…interesting paraphrasing) that as the water began to slowly change, he had begun to forget its original purity. This in itself can be tied in with Ultimecia’s final monologue:

Time...
    It will not wait...
    No matter how hard you hold on.
    It escapes you. And...
    Now, what is presented in that pic:

There must be many things in this world that fade away unnoticed
    The lines seem to share a similarity, portraying the message that time will inevitably change everything within the world, and the changes will go unnoticed. There is just as much proof (ie ZERO) that the quote you provided links to Ultimecia’s final lines as it is any form of statement. Thus, as you can see, in the end it is impossible to tell what Square truly intended by those lines. Maybe it is some form of secret message, or maybe it was just something they through in there because they needed to provide dialogue for another f@#$ing NPC.

I seriously doubt you will be able to prove anything with this line, there just isn’t enough within it to properly support a well constructed thesis.