View Poll Results: Did Square put details on the game so hidden that they are to remain nearly unnoticed

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

31 43.66%
  • no

40 56.34%
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: About Square´s intentions.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade
    I move for this thread to be closed, since it has turned into more pointless theoretical BS instead of discussing Square's intentions.
    Agreed (srry Future Esthar)

Quote Originally Posted by MJN SEIFER
    There are also hiddens things DISSPROVE the R=U theroy but PROOVE the J=U Theroy concidering Jenova gets "Imposed" many times in FFVIII You can't tell me that was an acident.

I Don't THINK Future has theroised this but many have including my self and I remeber Sqaure saying in an interview that one of the older FF enemys will appear but differently in the coming FF game (which at the time was FFVIII) So there you go!

Yes, this did happen, although it was not Jenova that reappears in a different form, it’s Sephiroth.

The word ‘Sephiroth’ is derived from ‘sephirot’, the 10 aspects of the Tree of Life (note the Tree’s other name; Systema Sephirotica).

The English word “Cipher” (ie Seifer) is a derivative of the word “Sephirot”. Thus, it is quite possible that when Square created Seifer, they purposely made him similar to the antagonist in the previous game. He does share similar motives (eg his eagerness to please Ultimecia parallels with Sephiroth’s reverence of Jenova, he has a strong link with the games protagonist etc.) and has a similar character design (debateable really, but I can see some distinct similarities), so if that phrase is authentic, it is more likely referring to Seifer than it is Ultimecia…

Just a thought, take it how you will.

EDIT: And of course, you could take the much more simple explanation, in that they were referring to Ultima Weapon...

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

there may be a lot of rumours but square created the game, not the rumours.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

well said

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yes, this did happen, although it was not Jenova that reappears in a different form, it’s Sephiroth.
    Jenova APPPEARS PHYSICALLY (Sort of) in FMVs. So that's how I made that link

Thus, it is quite possible that when Square created Seifer, they purposely made him similar to the antagonist in the previous game. He does share similar motives (eg his eagerness to please Ultimecia parallels with Sephiroth’s reverence of Jenova, he has a strong link with the games protagonist etc.) and has a similar character design (debateable really, but I can see some distinct similarities), so if that phrase is authentic, it is more likely referring to Seifer than it is Ultimecia…

I can actually see this; I'd even go as far as saying that Seifer was a bit of a SPOOF of Sephiroth...

EDIT: And of course, you could take the much more simple explanation, in that they were referring to Ultima Weapon...
    That was a refrence to the Sword Ultima Weapon (Which I think is one of them Subtle nostaliga like Zidane talking about Cloud in FFIX rather that a proper sequell) That wasn't an enemy.

Or do you mean Ultimate Weapon? Or Even Atma? (Shortand Verison of Altima -Which was a misspelling of Ultima) Eeither way they weren't INPORTANT Enemys. So it is not them.

no no ULTIMA WEAPON, the guy you draw Eden from
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

Quote:

Jenova APPPEARS PHYSICALLY (Sort of) in FMVs. So that's how I made that link
    screenshot plz. cuz that'd be real interesting ^_^

and the enemy that's appearing in the game again is Cheese Weapon.

Thank you Hysterian!

Shhhh, thats a SecreT
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

Quote Originally Posted by MJN SEIFER

That was a refrence to the Sword Ultima Weapon (Which I think is one of them Subtle nostaliga like Zidane talking about Cloud in FFIX rather that a proper sequell) That wasn't an enemy.

Or do you mean Ultimate Weapon? Or Even Atma? (Shortand Verison of Altima -Which was a misspelling of Ultima) Eeither way they weren't INPORTANT Enemys. So it is not them.
    Ultima Weapon is an enemy in FF7 (and FF6, when he appeared as Atma) which reappears in FF8, thus it is possible that they were just referring to it when they said that a previous enemy would return. It would be the far more obvious assumption, rather than to consider Sephiroth or Jenova.

I have all of the FF8 FMV’s on my computer, would you be able to describe to me which FMV you say Jenova appears in?

Yes,I know.It was too much for you.You aren´t prepared yet to accept it.
    That´s why you call it crazy.
    I am not calling you Ignorant.
    It´s just that I didn´t post enough theories.
    So ít´s all my fault.
    At this time it would be virtually impossible to you to see the veracity of this.Is confusing.I hadn´t explained WOTC yet.That´s why.
    I am trying to post the evidence for WOTC first.
    I was trying to explain to Rubah what is the relation between the Propagators and our characters.

Skyblade,if you don´t wanna to see my theories,at least respect those who wanna to see and post about.Don´t keep trying to move these threads to be closed.That´s disrespectfull.

I think Kefka is the enemy who comes.I hadn´t played FF6 but looking at it´s picture is enough.Also,did the man said it would be an enemy on FF8?Maybe it was just an enemy on the other game.
    Last edited by Future Esthar; 09-30-2005 at 02:48 PM.
    Flo:Honey,the clock is late.Go out fix it.
    Mayor Dobe:What hours is it?
    Flo: 15:30
    Mayor Dobe:Hey do you wanna to send the Estharians to Centra or what?
    Flo:Ok,let it be on 3:45

Images removed for being utterly colossal. Please use images that conform to the size limit.

Regards,
    Big D

Quote Originally Posted by Future Esthar
    Man, you're unbelievable.
    Its not too much for us, we understand what you're saying, as retarded as it is.

Just think about this: why would Squaresoft (at the time) spend all that time (and money) dreaming up a behind-the-scenes situation like this, to just link together their ingame facts?

They wouldn't. They don't care how all the occurances in the FFVIII world link together in the background. They probably just assumed that the people in the world were born from their parents, who in turn came from their ancestors, and not propagators from outer space.

I think you're grasping at straws here, because obviously you've spent so much time to yourself, convincing yourself that this is what the creators (authors) of the game intended. Now that you're trying to tell people, you're finding it hard to accept the fact that the vast majority of people here just do not agree with you, because you've spent so much time convincing yourself of this theory.

You've got to get out more.
    WICKED-AWESOME SIG.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I
    On Ulti´s castle we can cross the clock tower.
    Here the pointers work like a bridge with a circle on the middle.
    What did it remind you of?

Many years ago,a set of Aliens of another planet came to Earth.
    They came to Earth and make friends with humans adopting their form.
    One couple of these Propagators became the kings of the Centra Civilization.
    This look like a direct rip off from FF VII Jenova and the Cetra.

It was not until the 4rth generation of the Centra Dinasty that one of them (Ultimecia ) was possessed.
    She cursed them with a spell which transformed them all into ONE big Sorceress.
    Why must it be the 4th generation anyway? And since everyone is propagators, what make Ultimecia so special as to be able to curse the others? And who or what possessed her?

In fact female propagators were called sorceresses and male propagators,Knights.
    This big sorceress being possessed sleeped until the conquering of another civilization by the now advanced "possessed" Centra soldiers.
    What do you mean by advanced "possessed" Centra soldiers. As far as I know, almost all civilizations in FF VIII originated from Centra.How can there be another civilization?

A civilization borned on the backwoods before there were woods.
    They created a small village called Winhill and lived a hapily live there until this incident.
    However this sorceress will only made her appearance when Winhill is a little advanced (due to "possessed" Centra soldiers).
    Winhill will become the capital where this sorceress will rule forever over Winhill and Centra(the only real existing places on FF8).
    Why must it be Winhill anyway? And people of Winhill most likely originated from Galbadia which the Galbadian originated from Centra.

However Ellone(one of the Queen Propagators) was sad with this incident and decided to use her new found powers to relive the life of her now possessed family members.This happened even before she was possessed.
    How can you prove the that there is such a thing called "Queen" Propagator? As far as everyone know, propagators goes in pair and revive each other. So there is not a need for a "Queen"

Since her lover Squall was missing she tried to find him.Since she is yet unexperienced with her powers her imagination led her to send her own counscience to Squall´s head
    trying to advice him she will wait on the flower field for him.
    Her counsciousness then accidentally went to the future on Winhill.
    She accidentally sent the counsciousness of the future Winhillians to the past and they saw the bad events and places on the past.
    This worries the person who possesses the sorceresses and he/she decided to possess Ulti again(time is not set on stone on FF8).
    This time he/she used a different strategy.Through Ulti tried to perform Time Compression.The objective is to deceive the Winhillians on thinking that the events were very recent happening on a time line of 17 years instead of hundreds of years.
    Why should they be afraid of the people of Winhills anyway? No matter what the people of WInhill knows or think, they cannot do anything to change it anyway. Why must the villian goes to such a big trouble to perform time compression to deceive people from Winhill.

Also,the information about the connection between the Propagators generations is lost
    and some other descredited.
    Since everything is lost, how come you know it?

This time Ulti will not possess them all but will time travel and possess Edea.Then she will scater all the Propagator from their eras to ONE era.
    She will gather them on an orphanage.
    Then she will use a puppet called Cid and a Shumi called Norg to create Garden over her castle(but they don´t know).
    Then she will take over Galbadia and made Seed(propagator dinasty) fall on a trap.
    She then will try to transform they all into one big Sorceress inside the desert prision.
    Why ,ust she goes to such a big trouble to do this like getting them to the desert prison from the orphanage...etc. Just gather them and do it straighr away.
    She has to certify their memories are cleared first.
    The same applies. She can do this straight away when they were kids or anything. Wjy must she wait until so many things happened.

However her plan fails because Ellone sends Zell´s consciousness inside Ward.
    They scaped.
    Meanwhile Elle sends our characters to Vascaroons head and the destiny will help him to reach the future through the time compressed world.There he will manage a way to conceal the sorceress who rule the Winhillians(since he is not strong enough to defeat her).
    However our characters scape and the destiny will lead them to the future where the sorceress is concealed.There they will defeat her.And victory is ours.
    Now what in your mind is Vascaroons anyway?

But the person possessing the sorceress has to preserve his inocence on the eyes of the Winhillians.
    That´s why he/she said through Edea that thing about Ulti.
    It was planned some time ago.
    So he/she will manage a way to sent our characters to the "Future" through a false Time Compression to find the "invented proposed" villain(expiatory body).
    That´s because they don´t know their world was already under Time Compression.
    There isn't any point for this villian to preserve his innocence since if he is so almighty powerful, why would he/she care about what the people of Winhill thinks.

I think Kefka is the enemy who comes.I hadn´t played FF6 but looking at it´s picture is enough
    Just because he had wings so he is related to Ultimecia or Rinoa?

I am not calling you Ignorant.
    It´s just that I didn´t post enough theories.
    So ít´s all my fault.
    At this time it would be virtually impossible to you to see the veracity of this.Is confusing.I hadn´t explained WOTC yet.That´s why.
    I am trying to post the evidence for WOTC first.
    I was trying to explain to Rubah what is the relation between the Propagators and our characters.

Skyblade,if you don´t wanna to see my theories,at least respect those who wanna to see and post about.Don´t keep trying to move these threads to be closed.That´s disrespectfull.

I think Kefka is the enemy who comes.I hadn´t played FF6 but looking at it´s picture is enough.Also,did the man said it would be an enemy on FF8?Maybe it was just an enemy on the other game.
    I'M DISRESPECTFUL?! WHO'S THE FRELLING JACKASS WHO SAID THINGS LIKE THIS:
    YOU CONSTANTLY ASSUME THAT YOU ARE SMARTER AND WISER THAN EVERY OTHER PERSON ON THIS FORUM, YOU REFUSE TO LISTEN TO ANYONE, AND THEN YOU CREATE BULL[img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img] THREADS LIKE THIS WHICH ARE JUST ANOTHER EXCUSE TO ADD IN MORE OF YOUR CRACKPOT THEORIES. THE DISCUSSION HERE IS "SQUARE'S INTENTIONS", NOT "WHAT INSANE IDEAS CAN FUTURE ESTHAR COME UP WITH NEXT". WE ALREADY HAVE THREE THREADS DEDICATED TO YOUR CRAP. IF YOU WANT TO INTRODUCE MORE THEORIES, PUT THEM IN THERE! THIS WAS A REASONIBLE DISCUSSION THAT NOW HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ORIGINAL TOPIC! SO, YES, I ASKED IT TO BE CLOSED, BECAUSE IT IS NO LONGER SERVING THE PURPOSE IT WAS SUPPOSED TO.

That's me being disrespectful.

I am renewing my request to have this closed.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go do some chores and pray I don't get banned for that.
    Last edited by Skyblade; 09-30-2005 at 06:01 PM.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

There is no reason to close this thread If anything, you will appreciate it for its entertainment value at least. The only reason it's going down hill is because people care too much...

I mean, if you really hated this thread so much, you would stop posting here. But then I guess everyone here (including myself) can't stand someone else having the last word…

Quote Originally Posted by ThroneofDravaris
    There is no reason to close this thread
    Yes, there is. It should be closed because it has gone completely off topic, and because we already have plenty of threads full of Future Esthar's ideas.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.