Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

Thread: Who would make the best couple in seven?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyono
    Bugenhagen and Sailor Suit Barret. Don't even TRY and tell me you wouldn't be watching and masturbating furiously.

Thank you Hysterian!

Alright, my thoughts:

Tifa is devoted to Cloud and all, but she usually has no idea how to draw him out of his dark moods. All I've really seen her do (aside from the Lifestream sequence in Mideel) is kind of step out of the way and let him be in a funk. That might work for some people, but in Cloud's case, I think I could see that as a viable problem. Still, with her devotion, she might work out with Cloud.

Aerith seems to be able to handle Cloud a bit better. He responds to people that know when to tell him in a subtle way to get over himself...but then also in the same breath be able to gently let him know that he'll be okay, regardless. Cloud needs that in order to grow as a person.

BUT

On the same token, who exactly would Aerith be falling in love with? We know that Cloud generally behaves like Zack, of whom Aerith originally fell in love with. She sees that in Cloud. So would she still feel something for Cloud once she's able to dig out his real personality (and knowing Aerith, she will do it)? This pairing is questionable too.

On the other hand, BarretxCloudxMuuki...THAT could be interesting...

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Tifa's handling of Cloud has changed in Advent Children... and as for the way it was in VII, it was simply because she knew how confused he was and how easily he could break.

Not arguing your opinion of course, merely pointing that out.

As for Aerith's handling, a very good point. But still, I wonder if that would work out for the long term. She seems to be too eager to ignore the problems as opposed to solving them. Sure, telling someone to get over it and that things will work out is a good thing sometimes, but does she have the capability to actually work through the problems when they can no longer be ignored? I wonder.

Hmm. Interesting. In Advent Children, I didn't see that big of a difference. She knew Cloud was effectively running away from his problems, and pretty much let him do it until the earth was threatened. Even then, Marlene seems to have had the bigger impact on him changing his ways. At least, that was how I saw it. I could be wrong.

With Aerith, I actually saw her being able to make Cloud question himself. Have you ever known someone that could be wise, but appear to be slightly ditzy at the exact same time? It kind of provides someone ego-intensive (like Cloud) as a way to say that he figured everything out "on his own" without actually solving it on his own. She did it in Advent Children.

But would the relationship last? Nah, I don't think so. So we're definitely agreed on that.

PillowFighter/VampySlayer =Angelus='s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher
    On the other hand, BarretxCloudxMuuki...THAT could be interesting...
    ......... dots... you STILL remember Muuki? *shivers in fear*
    have you been thinking of him alot lately lol.. jkjk

YuffiexKotr. She gets a bunch of knights AND amazing materia!
    I vote for this

LittleMissAwesome will always be my favourite Twin!!
    ~We lose the certain things, as we seek the uncertain ones..~

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Brad Pitt and Gwyneth Paltrow

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher
    Hmm. Interesting. In Advent Children, I didn't see that big of a difference. She knew Cloud was effectively running away from his problems, and pretty much let him do it until the earth was threatened. Even then, Marlene seems to have had the bigger impact on him changing his ways. At least, that was how I saw it. I could be wrong.
    As for him living in the church, we of course dont see how she initially handled it, though it was probably best for her to let her do so. Same goes for most everything, in my opinion. I dont see any need to harp on him unless it's absolutely neccesary, and then she took a stand. I guess that's how I'd want to be treated in a relationship, ya know? So personally, I see that as the better treatment of the situation.

As for who had the most impact... really, I think it was a combination of Tifa, Marlene, Aerith, and Vincent. I think if any of those components had been missing, he may not have acted as he did.

With Aerith, I actually saw her being able to make Cloud question himself. Have you ever known someone that could be wise, but appear to be slightly ditzy at the exact same time? It kind of provides someone ego-intensive (like Cloud) as a way to say that he figured everything out "on his own" without actually solving it on his own. She did it in Advent Children.

But would the relationship last? Nah, I don't think so. So we're definitely agreed on that.
    Good point, but then again I sort of see Tifa like that as well... at least when steering Cloud's memories in the game. But all things considered, my opinion henges as I mentioned above. If someone was handling me as Aerith handled Cloud... I'd probably puinch em xD.

I think as either couple stands, there's no real long-term deal (and I mean that even if Aerith were alive and all). It'd be interesting to see how either couple would progress, given time. Relationships are all about growth, after all.

Inter-Jecht-ing (ahh, please, someone shoot me now!) at this point, I think that Vincent would work with Aeris if only because it just looks right somehow. Vince being his confident LoneWolf self, with Aeris always just behind him. when someone tries to kill them, she just hides behind him and uses cure lots. Genius, I made that tactic up as I went along but it might work.
    Also I've just found that this is my most popular thread, for now.
    Last edited by DarkLord; 09-30-2005 at 04:11 PM.

Can sins ever be forgiven?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLord
    Inter-Jecht-ing (ahh, please, someone shoot me now!) at this point, I think that Vincent would work with Aeris if only because it just looks right somehow. Vince being his confident LoneWolf self, with Aeris always just behind him. when someone tries to kill them, she just hides behind him and uses cure lots. Genius, I made that tactic up as I went along but it might work.
    Also I've just found that this is my most popular thread, for now.
    *Shoots DarkLord*

You did ask. And that was a terrible pun.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Aeris and Nanaki. They have loads in common as well.
    My Cure spell brings all the boys to the yard,
    And they're like: "It's better than yours."
    Damn right, it's better than yours!
    I could Heal you, but I have to charge.

is very female. Recognized Member Daryl's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Barret and Cloud-in-a-dress.

PillowFighter/VampySlayer =Angelus='s Avatar

why not the sailor suit? and with or without mukki

LittleMissAwesome will always be my favourite Twin!!
    ~We lose the certain things, as we seek the uncertain ones..~

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G SpOtZ
    HeideggarxScarlet.
    That's not cool! Don't be that way!

Marlene and Denzel ^_^

...what? Advent Children is FFVII too :D

Shera and Hojo. (Human Hojo not Mojo Hojo, cos that would just be TOO creepy!)
    My Cure spell brings all the boys to the yard,
    And they're like: "It's better than yours."
    Damn right, it's better than yours!
    I could Heal you, but I have to charge.