Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Who would make the best couple in seven?

I dunno, It could be if Cloud dies and they meet in the lifestream.

Can sins ever be forgiven?

And yet, Cloud's not itching to die anytime soon. He's trying to live, and with Tifa.

cloud&tifa for sure
    Attached Images Attached Images

THat's a winner, in AC I kinda saw a 'just friends' relationship between Cloud and Aeris, BUt Zack and Aeris... I dunno

Can sins ever be forgiven?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryushikaze
    Tifa? Conceited? Are you [img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img]ting me? The woman practically devotes her entire life to other people throughout the course of the game, mid-years, and AC.
    OOPS! Wrong word. I didn't mean conceited. I don't actually know what I was thinking when I typed that. I was trying to say that because Tifa is so unsure of what she knows about Cloud and fears to tell him something different than his memory, she manages to send someone she cares about into a state of shock because she was caring too much for them. That's what I was trying to say. Conceited had nothing to do with it. That was an error on my part. Oh, by the way, in Maiden Who Travels the Planet, it says that Aeris didn't know who Cloud really was until after her death, but it also states that once she found out who he was, that she loved him anyways.

Not quite.

Tifa embraced Cloud tightly as he returned to his senses. Aerith watched as both of them returned to the surface while smiling like an affectionate mother.
    She was happy. She was happy that she now knew the real Cloud and was able to watch over him, even though it was just for a short while.
    Does not sound like Romantic Love to me.

I think you're reading the wrong part. I was talking about this quote:

Aerith was in even greater pain when she thought about Cloud.

She also had good feelings towards him. At first, she thought he somehow had some similarities to her first love. Even so, his looks, voice and personality weren't similar and he also made her think of him as a mysterious person... But it soon didn't matter. She loved him much more than her first love. Cloud was her hero and he couldn’t get away from danger. She saw him as someone full of confidence, cool and had the impression that he would disappear in an instant if she took her eyes off him. She wanted to stay by his side forever if she could. She really wanted to.

When she left her companions and headed for the Forgotten City, Cloud's heart was like an egg that was on the verge of cracking open. It wasn’t going to crack open like the way an egg hatched but, as if only the yolk was going to seep out of it. It was as if his mind was going to shatter. She wanted to comfort him. If she wasn't the last survivor of the Cetra she probably would have done so without a doubt.

Sounds like romantic love to me. So maybe it's not like she knows exactly who he really is, but she knows enough to realize that he is different than Zack, and she loved him anyways. I think that my quote and your quote together prove that Aerith loved the real Cloud.
    Last edited by Aralith; 06-17-2006 at 09:42 AM.

And I think This quote

Quote Originally Posted by Maiden who Travels the Planet
    Aerith cried as she thought about the shattered Cloud that even her prayers wouldn't reach. His wrecked character could no longer be fixed. If he wasn't Cloud in the first place then, who was he? Knowing him only as a former member of Soldier, there was no way she could guess. She embraced the feeling of helplessness that she couldn't put into words.

"Cloud... I miss you. I miss the real you..."

Her whispers and thoughts became expanded into waves and spread out in the Mako.

Her memories of being with Cloud came to mind again. Her impression was that even though he wasn't very social, there was some cheerfulness about him.

"I felt something odd about him but, was everything really just made up and part of his false character? Cloud wasn't real at all? ...No, that can't be true. There were things that only Cloud could think of. Things that he done because he was Cloud. He was never an empty vessel to begin with!"

But she couldn't figure out the truth. Her thoughts just went in circles. Aerith delved into her memories again. Memories that showed Cloud's individuality. The way he walked. She remembered all his actions one by one...

Most of those thoughts merged into the Sea of Mako and awakened a character. The character recognized the image she recalled and "he" woke up.

"Aerith... Is that you?"

At first, Aerith couldn't remember whose voice it was because it was so sudden. Panicking, she turned round and saw a nostalgic face she hadn't seen for five years. He was her light taste of first love. He was also now a very dear friend who she hadn't seen ever since she heard nothing from him. He had the same character she saw in Cloud. Zack, who had blue eyes that proved he was in Soldier, appeared before her. He had an image inferior to Aerith's solid image.

etc.
    Pretty much effectively proves that she thought the 'real' Cloud was a lot like Zack, which really isn't the case. Basically, she had romantic feeling towards what amounted to Zack, with some of the original Cloud mixed in.

Wow. Does EVERYBODY see Cloud as a necropheliac? Psh, I don't think Cloud would ever pair up with a dead person. She's probably all... wrinkly, and pruny, and smelly, from being dead and in the water so long. Yuck...

Tifa and Yuffie. Hell, let's throw some other FF's in here.

Tifa, Yuffie, Quistis, Rinoa, Selphie, Garnet... and Quina, because that's funny.

Serious though, here are the perfect pairings:
    Reno x Tifa
    Rude by himself.
    Yuffie x Elena (Not kidding. They're both dykes. Come on.)
    Cloud x Priscilla (When she's older)
    Barret x Missy Elliot
    Vincent by himself
    Cid x Shera (Of course.)
    Red XIII x some other dog-chick. (Yeah, you saw those baby Nanakis at the end.)
    Don Corneo x Aeris (Because he's a fat necropheliac)

Thank you Hysterian!

cid & shera i fink datz her name can't rememba

I junctioned your GF ;) BardTard's Avatar

I like Aeris and Cloud. Nobody else does though... I think Tifa should get with Barret! I thought they were married or something when I first played the game... But yeah. AERIS+CLOUD!!!

Moomba

vincent and cid

no just a joke i think that vincent and yuffie because vince neades love to and sephiroths true mom isent there any more for him

Your point that Aerith was distraught when she found out Cloud wasn't really Cloud, but mostly Zack is a point in both your favor and mine, Ryushikaze. When you love someone, even if it's not the real them, just some act that they have, when you find out that it's an act, you don't just stop loving them. This is why Aerith's feelings were shattered, because she still loved Cloud even though she barely knew the real him.

I think that if she had still been alive when he learned of his true identity, Aerith's feelings towards him would have allowed her to eventually learn to love the real Cloud as well. She obviously still has some kind of feelings for him, else she wouldn't have stayed around to make sure everything was okay with him in Advent Children. Whether it was just friends or love we will never know, but she still definitely cared for Cloud, so I think she could very easily love the real Cloud.

A number of other things seen throughout the game are evidence that the creators meant for it to be Aerith and Cloud. The most obvious piece of which, is that Aerith is the default date. Unless you realluy f*** things up you're going to go out with either Aeris or Tifa. If you hack the game, you can actually learn that there are affection values set at the beginning of the game for the four characters Cloud can date (Aerith, Tifa, Yuffie, and Barret). Aerith's is set at 50, Tifa's at 30, Yuffie at 10, and Barret at 0.

Next point, is that all throughout the game they drop hints that Aerith would be good for Cloud. It's been a while since I've played the game so I can only remember a few. The one that most readily comes to mind is in the Nibelheim flashback. Cloud goes to his mother's house and she starts talking about girlfriends. She says something along the lines of "you should have an older girlfriend". Other than Barret (who was just thrown into the date mechanics as a joke) Aerith is the only person Cloud can go out with that is older than him.

To add to that last point, if you choose to have both Tifa and Aeris in your party when you leave Midgar, Barret says, "Yeah. I figured you'd do that" or something along those lines. Since Tifa has been Cloud's friend since childhood (not to mention it's nigh-impossible to have her affection value higher than Aerith's at the point in the game) and Barret knows that Aeris is a pretty recent addition to the party, he is probably commenting on the fact that he took his childhood friend and his prospective girlfriend with him. If you add in the rest of the evidence, this makes even more sense. I know that this is an iffy arguement, but I believe my other ones are valid.

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

It seems to me, based upon the standard affection values put into the game, that the developers meant for you to end up with Aeris on the date. It could be argued that the developers then meant that to signify that Cloud and Aeris are supposed to end up together, or it could simply mean that they wish for you to learn more of her story before she departs. She is something of an enigma even if the player does try to learn everything about her, and if the player just 'plays' through the game, not really reading into the story, having the pre-set could aid, I'm not sure. I have to admit, it has been some time since I last played FFVII, so perhaps my thoughts are occluded.

And for the original meaning of this thread, it is so very personal... For me, personally, I would say Tifa and Cloud, but that is only because I like Tifa, and I actually hate Aeris. I truly didn't feel much of anything when Aeris died besides,

"Damn... I hope I can still keep the materia I had on her..."

It's just personal preference, and because of that, I have managed to always have Tifa's affection values higher than Aeris' at the point of leaving Midgar.

I'm curious about the idea of going on a date with Barret... My, how would that play out?

That's a worrying thought ><

FFVII confused me in the this respect. I know its supposed to be Cloud and Aeris but after disc 2, it's Cloud and Tifa. I always felt sorry for Tifa, it's like Cloud is only with her because it's all he has. He just doesn't seem to care about her a whole lot, and she doesn't really seem to mind that. It's just a bit, well, it doesn't seem right to me.

Best couple is clearly Shera and Cid: "Drink your GODDAMN tea!" XD Points for being so disfunctional but clearly liking each other.
    Please check out my writing in the arts and writing forum!
    http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60115