Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SIGG CONTEST!!!!!!

I kinda like your sig Vyk. is that behemoth?
    Well I have behemoth's history....(some of it)

In Jewish Literature:

In the bible the Behemoth is written as the largest of all beings on earth who was created with clay on the sixth day by God. It was described as having bones like that of bronze tubes and limbs like iron rods. Its sole purpose was to be served as one of the three delicacies at the great banquet on Judgement Day.

(Passage from Job 40 v. 15-24)
    Behold now behemoth, which I made thee; he eateth grass as an ox. Lo now, his strength is in his loins, and his force is in the navel of his belly. He moveth his tail like a cedar: the sinews of his stones are wrapped together. His bones are as strong as pieces of brass; his bones are like bars of iron. He is the chief of the ways of God: he that made him can make his sword to approach unto him. Surely the mountains bring him forth food, where all the beasts in the field play. He lieth under the shady trees, in the cover of the reed, and ferns. The shady trees cover him with their shadow; the willows of the brook compass him about. Behold, he drinketh up a river, and hasteth not: he trusteth that he can draw up Jordan in his mouth. He taketh it with his eyes: his nose pierceth through the snares.
    Most scholers believe that the above passage is talking about the Hippopotamus or an Elephant.

The behemoth was often linked with another beast described in the very next chapter of Job: the Leviathan.

In the apocryphal book of Enoch the two creatures are described as follows:
    "And in that day will two monsters be separated, a female named Leviathan to dwell in the abyss over the fountains of waters. But the male is called Behemoth which occupies with his breasts an immeasurable desert named Dendain."
    The word behemoth I guess can be given to any large, heavy, and otherwise unknown animal. The word behemoth comes from the plural of the Hebrew b'hemah, meaning 'beast'.

The behemoth is said to be one of the delicacies served at the messianic banquet at the end of days. The other delicacies are the Ziz and the Leviathan, again reinforcing the link between the two creatures.

Misc:

* In other legends, the two are supposed to be deadly enemies who battle at the beginning of time, and must be destroyed by the Lord before they destroy his creation.
    * In other stories these two battled on the Day of Judgment.
    * In the Middle Ages, the name behemoth was given to a dæmon and in Medieval theology Behemoth came to be known as the headwaiter of Hell. He also came to be known as the personification of gluttony and pleasures of the belly.
    * In other accounts, Behemoth is identified with Bahamut.

In Final Fantasy 8
    Behemoth is one of the strongest world map monsters, look like a gaint bull with a pair of tiny wings at its back. It is also armed with a pair of large black horns and is purple in colour.

(I could be wrong you know)
    (Im sorry if it is off topic guyz...sorry)
    Last edited by enigma1234; 10-02-2005 at 05:24 PM.

The world of silence maybe a cold and bitter one; like the deep wastes of the arctic regions, it is fit for neither man nor beast. Holding one’s tongue may be prudent, but it is an act of rejection; silence build walls – and walls are symbols of failure.

Off topic but hugely fascinating. Who/what is Ziz? And yes, I believe my sig is a Behemoth. From FFVI I believe. Can't be positive. Its just a random peice of Amaro's art :D

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk
    Off topic but hugely fascinating. Who/what is Ziz? And yes, I believe my sig is a Behemoth. From FFVI I believe. Can't be positive. Its just a random peice of Amaro's art

Ziz is a bird mentioned in the book of Psalms, the ziz is a bird of enormous size, much like the roc. It can block out the sun with its wings and has incredible strength. It is said that it was created to protect all the small birds, and without its protection, these birds would have died a long time ago. The ziz is said to be kosher by the Jews. It is supposed to be one of the things served at the messianic banquet at the end of days along with the behemoth and the leviathan.

The world of silence maybe a cold and bitter one; like the deep wastes of the arctic regions, it is fit for neither man nor beast. Holding one’s tongue may be prudent, but it is an act of rejection; silence build walls – and walls are symbols of failure.

Sorry if i disrupt the topic but enigma1234 sig is fake. He didnt make that. Some question the theme of it and was right, none of it makes because his sig is just a screenshot from Squalls flashback in the ending FMV, just before he falls on his needs in dispair with his head lent back.

If your gonna take a clip from the game, then there nothng wrong in that but lying about is just a stupid thing to do and is pointless.

Shame on you enigma1234 for claiming work you never made. SHAME!

I can get the clip, if anyone wants me to back this up.
    Last edited by Russielloyd; 10-02-2005 at 06:11 PM.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Russielloyd
    Sorry if i disrupt the topic but enigma1234 sig is fake. He didnt make that. Some question the theme of it and was right, none of it makes because his sig is just a screenshot from Squalls flashback in the ending FMV, just before he falls on his needs in dispair with his head lent back.

Shame on you enigma1234 for claiming work you never made. SHAME!

I can get the clip, if anyone wants me to back this up.

huh? of course I didn't made this sig and yeah it is from a cutscreen from final fantasy 8. I like that event so I chose this picture and I dont want to edit it because I like it better that way.
    Thats why I left these lines (Imagination makes something much more than what it seems to be) so that people would know that this picture has lots of meanings if you would just use your imagination.

(I chose this picture because it reminds me of something in my past)
    Last edited by enigma1234; 10-02-2005 at 06:33 PM.

From previous posts, youve been going on and making people(like me) to assume you made this.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma1234
    I decide it to be that way because they where on the time compression...the background is actually located in balamb garden were squall and rinoa first met and also this is the moment when squalls cold,ice heart melt(it changed squalls feelings when they danced)

If you would really look unto my sig that faded shot of rinoa is actually running to squall on the right side corner of the sig, see his head and upper body?
    I decide that statement that way b'cuz that event really happened in the time compression when rinoa run towards squall's body then flowers came to appear...(Was he dead or just fainted?)

I decide it to be that way because they where on the time compression...
    Same explination in my first statement. (I decide it that way not I designed it that way.)

the background is actually located in balamb garden were squall and rinoa first met and also this is the moment when squalls cold,ice heart melt(it changed squalls feelings when they danced)
    I just explained to them where's that background really located and what I think happened there.
    Thats why I left these message
    (Imagination makes something much more than what it seems to be)
    so that people would know that this picture has lots of meanings if you would just use your imagination.
    Last edited by enigma1234; 10-02-2005 at 07:15 PM.

Now were totally out of the first topic.

Thread starter please continue...

good evening, miss Tifa's Real Lover(really's Avatar

right, rye wins

Final Andy

Voodoo Child

i hope final andy wins =D

I would probably go play video games or have sex (the usual) - Nominus Experse

my mom would be like "ve? yo te dije, el internet no es bueno."

"seriously, my mom tells me "que tu hase en eso el dia entero?" and im like "mami yo toy hablando con people" xD. spanglish, ftw." ~ liz

here for 7 days here for a limited time's Avatar

final andy, i think the comparison is unfare

Id have to say Final Andy aswell

Final Andy's sig.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Voodoo's sig. I love it.

I'd have to say Final Andy, cause i like blue more than pink, and I like the characters in it better XD

there's no I in team, but there is in pie, as in meat pie, and meat is an anogram of team

Voodoo Child's sig... ^_^