Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm Christian.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Autumn Rain
    Quote Originally Posted by Seymour_Guado_Goth
    I think Traitorfish meant you should keep an open-mind and not dismiss other opinions as "ignorant". At least, I hope that's what he meant.
    Well it depends what you call open-minded. Goodnight people
    Understand that other people may not believe the way you do, then agree to disagree. Goodnight.

I'm with Autumn rain on this one.... I read the bible...cover to cover more than once... Didn't buy it.... I believe what I believe ... No one has said that you were wrong for being Christian.....

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I have no want or need for religion. There is one thing I have faith and believe in, and that's myself. (and I didn't even need an epiphany!)

Understand that other people may not believe the way you do, then agree to disagree. Goodnight.
    I agree. It's perfectly alright to discuss your beliefs with them, but don't insult members of a particular religion by saying they were "pressured" into it, or that they don't know anything about it, or comparing members of that religion to "mindless zombies", or disagreeing with the very core values of that religion...etc. etc. etc. You may actually learn something you don't hate -- or is that why you don't listen, because that may happen?

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic
    I have no want or need for religion. There is one thing I have faith and believe in, and that's myself. (and I didn't even need an epiphany!)
    Oh my, I'm agreeing with Psychotic.

I think I'll sit this one out. Enough people hate me already.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch
    I agree. It's perfectly alright to discuss your beliefs with them, but don't insult members of a particular religion by saying they were "pressured" into it, or that they don't know anything about it, or comparing members of that religion to "mindless zombies", or disagreeing with the very core values of that religion...etc. etc. etc. You may actually learn something you don't hate -- or is that why you don't listen, because that may happen?
    Good job. You quoted me saying to accept other's beliefs, then add things I said completely out of context, to make me sound like a asshole. Two hours after it ended, at that. Congrats.. You've done nothing but prove yourself to be a dick. Awesome.
    Formerly: Autumn Rain

I believe in a thing called love!!!
    <3 the Darkness
    But ja, mostly Christian with a pinch of Buddism and a dab of paganism thrown in for spice.

Tôi đói.

Blog Entries

Nope. I'm above peer pressure.
    I wasn't pressured into being Christian for your info
    Somebody had to talk you into it, if you are a protestant.
    How so? I'm protestant and it's because my family is. I went to church with my family.Therefore I went to a protestant church.

Quote Originally Posted by Escobert
    Nope. I'm above peer pressure.
    I wasn't pressured into being Christian for your info
    Somebody had to talk you into it, if you are a protestant.
    How so? I'm protestant and it's because my family is. I went to church with my family.Therefore I went to a protestant church.
    I should clean that up a bit, because that that's not really what I meant. But, at some point, either you were influenced by someone (family, friend) .. Or someone convinced you that it was what you needed. This is not always the case, but 90% of the time.. It is. Very few Christians actually research what their faith believes.

Which was my entire point. Once I did research, I didn't like what I found. That's my opinion. Gave him kudos for doing research. I left it at that.

I swear, you people have all these opinions about things that you don't agree with.. But, if someone states that actually dislike what your religion stands for, you know.. have an opinion, you get all uppity. My opinion doesn't have a damn thing to do with you, so don't act like I personally attacked you.
    Last edited by Winter Nights; 09-30-2005 at 12:45 AM.

Good job. You quoted me saying to accept other's beliefs, then add things I said completely out of context, to make me sound like a asshole. Two hours after it ended, at that. Congrats.. You've done nothing but prove yourself to be a dick. Awesome.
    It wasn't that difficult, really. I just quoted things you said, put 'em all in one post...one end result. Sorry if you don't like it. And it was two hours later...it's a forum, it doesn't really matter much. If it was a chat room, then you'd have a decent point.

I should clean that up a bit, because that that's not really what I meant. But, at some point, either you were influenced by someone (family, friend) .. Or someone convinced you that it was what you needed. This is not always the case, but 90% of the time.. It is.
    It's called converting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess
    Agnostic.
    *high five*

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's called converting.
    Even if you're converted you should still do the job of learning what the religion is really about. Which is entirely his point, that most people who follow a religion know little about it.

It wasn't that difficult, really. I just quoted things you said, put 'em all in one post...one end result. Sorry if you don't like it. And it was two hours later...it's a forum, it doesn't really matter much. If it was a chat room, then you'd have a decent point.
    Yes, it does matter. In context, I actually stated valid things or gave an opinion. Your post makes it sounds like I attacked you.

I should clean that up a bit, because that that's not really what I meant. But, at some point, either you were influenced by someone (family, friend) .. Or someone convinced you that it was what you needed. This is not always the case, but 90% of the time.. It is.
    It's called converting.
    Only a complete moron would make life decisions, based on what someone tells them, with no research of their own.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Most people believe what they're taught (typically by their parents), whether it's religion or politics or whatever, without even the consideration that its possible to believe other things, without analyzing the reasons or fundamentals of such a belief, etc.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

No, I don't.

EDIT: To clarify, I was raised up Christian, but I just don't believe in it. I don't particularly like religon, but that's my opinion.
    Last edited by Rye; 09-30-2005 at 01:23 AM.