Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161721 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone have a religion?

Gosh, and there was me thinking it was because they have no tolerance for other people's opinions and views (unless they're a minority group because their opinions are always infinitely better than those of the majority!) despite preaching that they do and that they're better people because of it. But now I know it's all because they're anti-god and not because they're hypocrites. Y'learn something every day at Eyes on FF!
    Praise be to god.. you have seen the light!

As for you traitorfish, you are a traitor to the lord jesus christ. May he smite you with all of his pacifism.

Quote Originally Posted by Traitorfish
    3. Err... Yeah it does. It claims that the earth is flat, the sky is water, and that the stars are trap-doors opened by angels to let the water (from the sky) in, to make rain. It's WAY off.
    Where's this, then?

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch
    1. There is quite a bit of evidence to support Creationism and disprove Evolutionism. Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it's not out there. Neither theory has any real, scientific proof.
    2. Funny, I didn't know the Greeks, Romans, and Isrealis were nomads.
    3. It's thousands of years old, and hasn't needed to be changed. Because it hasn't been disproven. More than you can say for nearly every theory of Evolutionism.
    4. Because most "science" can't accept the idea that there might be a "supernatural power" of some sort controlling anything.
    1. No.
    2. Me either.
    3. It's been changed tons of times, and there's tons of different "versions", not to mention it's not even in it's native language anymore, which is cause of being changed drastically.
    4. No, Science is based of facts through solid evidence. Religion/creationism is based off blind faith and fear of non exsistence, among other things (no offense, but I'm just using the same bluntness as you're using against Science and Evolution).

I don't believe in either though, so I don't care who kills who.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

I don't have one at all never really had I used to question it all the time but I still follow the religion of christianity I just don't believe in anything from it.

God or no god who cares I believe there aint one but it's opinion, I wonder into Philosophy too much to have ever seriously had a religion.

You don't burn people with different beliefs thats just... mean.

LET THE HAMMER FALL

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Hsu
    This would be an instant EoEO ban had it been posted there; outside of that forum, however, there isn't much we can do.
    We can, of course, remind people YET AGAIN that it doesn't cost much to show some basic freakin' respect for other forum members, even where they disagree with their beliefs.

The only reliable way to prevent flames and arguments in a thread like this is for people to remember the basic principle: "If I don't insult others, they'll be less inclined to insult me; I can express disagreement and even disdain without being personal".

I'd hate to see this thread go down the toilet like so many other GC threads; I'd love to see a *positive* discussion of members' religious beliefs.

Bigger than a rancor SomethingBig's Avatar

Sup, 4th Density Beings?
    :monster2: One, AH! AH! Two, AH AH! Three, AH AH!

3. Err... Yeah it does. It claims that the earth is flat, the sky is water, and that the stars are trap-doors opened by angels to let the water (from the sky) in, to make rain. It's WAY off.
    Where's this, then?
    Oooh, err... the BIBLE? The topic of what I said? It's in there. If you want to find it, read the bible. I don't remember exact chapters and verses...

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Big D
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsu
    This would be an instant EoEO ban had it been posted there; outside of that forum, however, there isn't much we can do.
    We can, of course, remind people YET AGAIN that it doesn't cost much to show some basic freakin' respect for other forum members, even where they disagree with their beliefs.

The only reliable way to prevent flames and arguments in a thread like this is for people to remember the basic principle: "If I don't insult others, they'll be less inclined to insult me; I can express disagreement and even disdain without being personal".

I'd hate to see this thread go down the toilet like so many other GC threads; I'd love to see a *positive* discussion of members' religious beliefs.
    No offence was meant to other forum users. I was merely stating my opinion on neo-evangalists and cretaionists, independant of this forum. If any other user was offended, I apologise. But I've been offended too, you know- I consider being called 'close-minded' offensive, as it insults my way of thinking.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by SomethingBig
    Sup, 4th Density Beings?
    Eh, just bored as usual, seeing as there's no one else intellegent enough to converse with around.
    I like Kung-Fu.

If you're a Catholic you do! *zing!*

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

the Bible just makes me laugh, I found so much violence and sex involved in it I just laugh and attempt to make sense of it.

It's like Mary had a little lamb. It can have so many ways of saying the old rhyme and changing it.

I'm glad I live in modern day because I would be ash if I lived in the 17th century.

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA
    1. There is quite a bit of evidence to support Creationism and disprove Evolutionism. Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it's not out there. Neither theory has any real, scientific proof.
    3. It's thousands of years old, and hasn't needed to be changed. Because it hasn't been disproven. More than you can say for nearly every theory of Evolutionism.
    4. Because most "science" can't accept the idea that there might be a "supernatural power" of some sort controlling anything.
    1. No.
    2. Me either.
    3. It's been changed tons of times, and there's tons of different "versions", not to mention it's not even in it's native language anymore, which is cause of being changed drastically.
    4. No, Science is based of facts through solid evidence. Religion/creationism is based off blind faith and fear of non exsistence, among other things (no offense, but I'm just using the same bluntness as you're using against Science and Evolution).

1. What? Yes, there is plenty of evidence supporting both sides. They just don't teach you much of anything that goes against Evolutionism.
    2. They weren't.
    3. Creationism has never changed. There are different interpretations and languages of the Bible, yes, but they are incredible accurate to the original texts. And, again, Creationism has never changed.
    4. You talk like "science" and "religion/Creationism" are mutually exclusive -- they are not. Nowhere near. Too bad all too many people are too ignorant to realize that. Whereas most people believe Creation only because it's part of believing the Bible, many people, as myself, have actually studied it, and know why we believe it.

It's like Mary had a little lamb.
    Actually marry had a little boy child.

Quote Originally Posted by nik0tine
    Hey, you fascist! I'm a goddam catholic, so why don't you leave us alone! What happened 400 years ago sucked, but it's no reflection on the people of today.
    Protestant killed their fair-share too- Luther was distinctly anti-semitic. But it's in the past. Get over it.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by nik0tine

errr *runs away*

Holy sheep pwn holy people!

Jesus was just a cool hippy not a son of god, he so cool the jews killed him!

err crap...

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Where's this, then?
    Matthew 4:8 implies that the earth is flat. I don't have references for the other verses.

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA
    1. No.
    2. Me either.

1. What? Yes, there is plenty of evidence supporting both sides. They just don't teach you much of anything that goes against Evolutionism.
    2. They weren't.
    4. You talk like "science" and "religion/Creationism" are mutually exclusive -- they are not. Nowhere near. Too bad all too many people are too ignorant to realize that. Whereas most people believe Creation only because it's part of believing the Bible, many people, as myself, have actually studied it, and know why we believe it.
    1. Then post it. Just repeating a fact over and over doesn't make it true, despite what our leaders want to have you believe.

2. The Jews were nomadic for at least forty years while under the leadership of Moses. For someone who purports to be religious, you demonstrate very little familiarity with your own religion's history.

And he never implied that the Greeks and Romans were nomadic.

4. The problem with this assertion is that an astounding amount of modern science is based off of evolution, so if you deny evolution, then you also deny all the science that is based off of it.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)