Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Caladbolg

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Don tonberry requires catching the fiends in the sunken cave.

He'll only counter attack at first, until he moves forward three times. Then he'll (slowly) start dishing out damage, but he won't counter any more.

if you summon aeons, he'll kill them.

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Customizing Auto-Phoenix onto your armor will save you a lot of time. As long as your three characters can dish out 9999 damage with their AP-gaining weapons you'll get him eventually. He doesn't seem to have an attack that can wipe out the party at once.

If you wan't to get the Sun Sigil you have to get a time of 0:00.

The Sun Sigil Powers up the Caldabolg

Where do I find...

Can someone please tell me where the best place to get Excalibur (Break DMG Limit) and 3 empty slot is? IŽve been trying Dark Yojimbo without any luck.. I haven gotten Eternity, Impervious and Solidity, though.

Any help would be highly appreciated... / Zophael

pinchpinchpinchpinchpinch ScottNUMBERS's Avatar

The easiest way ever is to catch five of every fiend in Spira, go to the battle arena and the owner will give you 99 Dark Matters, you can use 60 of which to customise a weapon to have Break Damage limit, thus turning it into Excalibur. (Providing you dont have anything with a higher priority on the weapon you customised.) However you can only do this once.

Apart from that the best way to get the Excalibur is to beat Nemesis, of course this isn't an easy way, but in my opinion it's a lot easier than getting 60 Dark Matters.

To get nemesis you need..
    -To have captured ten of every fiend.
    -To have beat every Original, Species Conquest and Area Conquest fiend (Except nemesis obviously)

If you're having trouble with nemesis, just Raise you stats. If you max them out you can beat nemesis solo character quite easily.

You will have to beat him a few times to get it, (this is paticularly annoying as nemesis has 10000000 HP) but don't worry evertime you beat him you get either A weapon with break damage limit and three empty slots or a piece of armour with with break HP limit and three empty slots. If you would like a more in depth review on how to beat nemesis just say the word.

Although I would never do any of this, the celestial weapons are way stronger than anything you could ever make from customising.

Hope this helps.

Thumbs up Thx for the help..!!

I can only seem to get weapons/armors with 3 slots all in all... not 4

IŽll try it a bit more though.. IŽve just beaten Nemesis a few times, maybe I need to fight it more to get something good, ya?

I canŽt understand this.. I always get Eternity or Solidity from Dark Yojimbo.. enough already IŽve already got those 2
    Gimme some nice armour for Tidus, Wakka, Kimahri, or Yuna instead!!

I was hoping to save those 99 dark matters for Ribbon on TidusŽ armour, in case I donŽt get 1 soon, IŽm making 1 from scratch...
    I was thinking of having: Break HP Limit, Ribbon, Auto-Haste and Auto-Phoenix...? IŽve got all I need, was just hoping to save those D.Ms for the last character when all the others are done or so, since itŽll be extremely hard to obtain 1/7 in the end...

If I donŽt get that Excalibur IŽll have to use 60 of those... meaning alot more fights at the monster arena...

THX for the help Žneway!