Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Caladbolg

Default Caladbolg

I have started new game and dont remember at all where the WEAPON is.

So could you tell me exactly where is it in Calm Lands?
    Auron Rulez

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

(SPOILER)Go to the far left corner of the CL and talk to the guy who says he doesn't know what he is guarding and then beat the chocobe
    "Swordchucks Yo." - Fighter

"Every time I cast Hadoken it siphons a little bit of love out of the world to create a massive destructive explosions. They say the divorce rate goes up with each cast." - BM

How many swords could sword chucks chuck if sword chucks could chuck swords? Same goes with Nuns! :rolleyes2

"I cast Ice-9!" -RM

"I can steal stuff that isn't even there" -Thief (Yet he can't steal in the game)

he he, I actually ha dthe same question, guess I should thank you both then too

there's no I in team, but there is in pie, as in meat pie, and meat is an anogram of team

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Behold the Void's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Reiji Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The chocobo game is so damnably annoying and the Caladbolg doesn't give allow any aeons to break the damage limit. It's better to just customize a good sword yourself, it'll be more effective in the long run.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

BtV speaks such beautiful truth.

Doing the monster arena quest, you'll get more than enough dark matter to customize tidus' excalibur *and* ribbon armor if you're playing PAL.

(well, if you do the monster arena quest obsessively xD)

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

That's good to know. Yuna, Rikku, and Auron have celestial weapons that are easily mastered, but it took me 10 tries to even beat the chocobo race to get the sword!

Where's a good place to get a sword for Tidus with four empty slots?

BTW, I'm quite obsessive about the monster arena.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

4-slotted-armours can be bought from Wantz in the beginning of the Macalania Woods for 100.000. If he is not there because you didn't talk to him,Adamantoise and Varuna drop them.

Quote Originally Posted by Behold The Void
    The chocobo game is so damnably annoying and the Caladbolg doesn't give allow any aeons to break the damage limit. It's better to just customize a good sword yourself, it'll be more effective in the long run.
    The Celestial Weapon has the Ignore Defence properties, which means the attack bypass the fiend's defence power. This, to me, is worth the pain, especially since I'm playing the International Version and I need it to beat those Dark Aeons.. but for those who played the original version, I don't think the pain is worth it. I've played both version..
    Sephiroth

"Which Kingdom Hearts Character Are You?"
    brought to you by Quizilla

::ThE BesT WaY dOEsn'T ALwaYs LeaD To tHe BesT ResuLT::

Contributions

I have the U.S. game and my characters were so powerful they decimated Omega easily, so I'll customize.

BTW, what abilities should I go for a custom ultimate weapon? I was thinking of:

Break Damage Limit
    Triple Overdrive
    Double AP
    One MP Cost

I'm not sure Triple AP is worth the bother. That involves a lot of Malboro bribery.
    Last edited by BG-57; 10-17-2005 at 03:14 AM.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

All you really need is Break Damage Limit. and maybe piercing if you're paranoid.

You ought to have sets of weapons.

a capturing set, with capture and break damage limit (just need three, and only one with break damage limit)

an AP gaining set, with triple AP, Triple Overdrive, Overdrive -> AP (seven of these, but you can win them, or something good enough)

an actual fighting set. the celestial weapons are good enough, but else you really just need break damage limit. I think my Tidus' Excalibur still has three blank slots.

Contributions

What Overdrive mode is most effective in conjunction with an AP gaining weapon?

If you have an AP gaining weapon, simply go fight Don Tonberry with Overdrive set as Comrade (or Stoic if you're the one getting hit). Don should hit you for 99,999 every time assuming you've defeated enough fiends with that character. 99 Sphere Levels per battle-easy.
    Sigless

Quote Originally Posted by abrojtm
    If you have an AP gaining weapon, simply go fight Don Tonberry with Overdrive set as Comrade (or Stoic if you're the one getting hit). Don should hit you for 99,999 every time assuming you've defeated enough fiends with that character. 99 Sphere Levels per battle-easy.
    I do that with my character, there levels went up to 55 by defeating 1 Don Tonberry.

Quote Originally Posted by abrojtm
    Where is the Don Tonberry at? And does he give you enough time to revive the KO'd person before killing the rest?